Done with the NFL

Closed Thread
Old 09-25-2017, 09:51 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

The Great and Mighty Oz has spoken. We have had many in our family fight for our country over the years, several gave their lives in Pearl Harbor. A grade school, high school friend died in the Pentagon on 9-11. Families have sacrificed for years during the absence of a Mom, Dad, Sister, Brother while they were serving our country and absent from the family setting. So many have died for us.

I give up. I surrender. They won. I love Pro Football with my whole heart. But I love our country more. Goodbye NFL. We are lucky because we can fill the football time with another activity. What a shame. I have felt strongly about this issue since day one. To the OP thank you for starting this thread.

One last thing. Remember when George Steinbrenner owned and operated the Yankees? Can you imagine how he would handle this situation? Forgetaboutit!
Old 09-25-2017, 09:58 AM

Speak with your pocketbook. Pay attention to who the sponsors of the NFL are.
Old 09-25-2017, 10:12 AM

Amen ! Disrespecting all soldiers past and present !
Old 09-25-2017, 10:16 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moderator View Post
The topic of this thread is Done with NFL. Several posts have ventured into political and have been deleted. Posts discussing members’ plans to watch or attend NFL games or purchase NFL gear will remain. Any posts with political references will be deleted.

If we continue to see political posts. This thread will be closed.

The players are making a political statement.
Old 09-25-2017, 10:19 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucky View Post
The Great and Mighty Oz has spoken. We have had many in our family fight for our country over the years, several gave their lives in Pearl Harbor. A grade school, high school friend died in the Pentagon on 9-11. Families have sacrificed for years during the absence of a Mom, Dad, Sister, Brother while they were serving our country and absent from the family setting. So many have died for us.

I give up. I surrender. They won. I love Pro Football with my whole heart. But I love our country more. Goodbye NFL. We are lucky because we can fill the football time with another activity. What a shame. I have felt strongly about this issue since day one. To the OP thank you for starting this thread.

One last thing. Remember when George Steinbrenner owned and operated the Yankees? Can you imagine how he would handle this situation? Forgetaboutit!
Thank you and your family members for your service. Most of my family also served. What is happening is disgraceful. The NFL will suffer. Ant team that protests, I will not watch....PERIOD .
Old 09-25-2017, 10:24 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moderator View Post
The topic of this thread is Done with NFL. Several posts have ventured into political and have been deleted. Posts discussing members’ plans to watch or attend NFL games or purchase NFL gear will remain. Any posts with political references will be deleted.

If we continue to see political posts. This thread will be closed.

The Villages Florida

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-25-2017, 10:27 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,243 Times in 359 Posts

One more in total agreement. None of my money or time will be spent on the NFL. I spent 26 years active duty and another 18 working as a civilian for the Army and I cannot tolerate the display of disrespect to our nation.

I prefer college ball anyway. Let's just hope that it does not spill over to the Saturday afternoon games.

The government cannot give anything to anyone without first taking it from someone else
Old 09-25-2017, 10:27 AM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

I don't see where college ball is any better. These thugs came from various universities. They behaved just as badly then.

I don't mind CK's kneeling. While it was a protest, it was a respectful protest. He didn't dance around. He didn't spit. He didn't do so many of the disgraceful behavior I've seen by athletes who "stood" while the anthem was played.

The fact he is a millionaire is absolutely irrelevant. He wasn't protesting treatment he personally experienced, he was protesting treatment of others that several times had lead to murder.

My father served. My brother served three tours in Vietnam. Both did so to defend the rights of Americans to protest, to protect us from real and perceived threats, to ensure that Americans kept their rights. A football player kneeling is one of those rights.

As to the thugs who act like dogs, get arrested for violent crimes, feel hitting their wives and girl friends is okay, they need to be kicked off the field and out of the game until they can prove they are men, not jerks. I quit watching football -- both NFL and college since the same abuse occurs there -- five years ago. I miss it but I can't support it, not my beloved Fish, not my Bruins, and I won't until the thuggery is no longer tolerated.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 09-25-2017, 10:34 AM
Platinum member

Wow, I thought that I was the only person who felt this way.
Old 09-25-2017, 11:27 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DimondAngels View Post
I agree with you 100% The NFL players are a bunch of spoiled millionaires who have lost touch with the American people and their values. I will not watch another NFL game until things change.
Actually, there are "some very fine people" in the NFL.
Old 09-25-2017, 11:31 AM
Thumbs up Ditched'em Years Back !!!

Back many years ago when the players went out on strike, that was it for me. It became a player business instead of a game. I've been a College football watcher ever since.
Old 09-25-2017, 11:41 AM
Angry WSB Radio in Atlanta reported !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
It seems to me that the NFL is being hypocritical. Aren't they the ones who have a policy to play the national anthem before every game for the purpose of honoring our country? They should not allow anyone to interfere with that goal, including players and spectators.
I listen to the morning news on WSB radio in Atlanta by way of the net in the mornings because it's from my hometown. This morning they reported that three of the NFL Sports Complexes did NOT play the National Anthem before the games Sunday....
Old 09-25-2017, 11:45 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,661 Times in 727 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwitch View Post
I don't see where college ball is any better. These thugs came from various universities. They behaved just as badly then.

I don't mind CK's kneeling. While it was a protest, it was a respectful protest. He didn't dance around. He didn't spit. He didn't do so many of the disgraceful behavior I've seen by athletes who "stood" while the anthem was played.

The fact he is a millionaire is absolutely irrelevant. He wasn't protesting treatment he personally experienced, he was protesting treatment of others that several times had lead to murder.

My father served. My brother served three tours in Vietnam. Both did so to defend the rights of Americans to protest, to protect us from real and perceived threats, to ensure that Americans kept their rights. A football player kneeling is one of those rights.

As to the thugs who act like dogs, get arrested for violent crimes, feel hitting their wives and girl friends is okay, they need to be kicked off the field and out of the game until they can prove they are men, not jerks. I quit watching football -- both NFL and college since the same abuse occurs there -- five years ago. I miss it but I can't support it, not my beloved Fish, not my Bruins, and I won't until the thuggery is no longer tolerated.
Would you please give me your "Left Coast" opinion on this? Thanks. NFL fines William Gay, DeAngelo Williams for uniforms publicizing domestic violence, cancer - TODAY.com

I have a hard time following the logic. Maybe you can sort it out for me. Thanks
Old 09-25-2017, 12:26 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by simpkinp View Post
I’ve been an NFL fan for years. Watch Fox NFL Sunday football every week religiously. Watch red zone every Sunday. But protesting the flag, kneeling and disrespecting our country is beyond but I can take. Crawling around like a dog and urinating is unacceptable. Allowing Thuggs to play in games like Ezekiel Elliott is ridiculous. Where are the standards? I’m going back to college football where there is some discipline. Both my sons and their families agree. Vote with your money And your viewership. Go ahead and flame me, I love this country and would never disrespect it.
I have never been part of a protest and always stand at attention during the National Anthem. Learned this conduct in elementary school 1944-50, and 36yr in US Army and ARNG.

Having said that , I wonder when kneeling with a bowed head became a sign of disrespect.
Old 09-25-2017, 12:53 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Challenger View Post
...Having said that , I wonder when kneeling with a bowed head became a sign of disrespect.
Context is everything.
Closed Thread

Tags
nfl, football, sunday, country, watch

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.