He's BAAAACK...

Closed Thread
Old 01-10-2023, 11:01 AM
Sage
Thanked 8,251 Times in 4,283 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJackpot View Post
Oh, please. The Patriots and Brady cheated..blah, blah blah. That's how they won six out of nine super bowls, 11 AFC championships and god knows how many division titles...not to mention Brady's 7th super bowl win, an NFC championship title and two more division titles....because they all just cheated. You know what I'm sick of...is listening to you crybabies. He's the GOAT...get over it.
A friend of mine once said, "If you ain't cheatin', you ain't tryin'!" (he was talking about baseball, but it pretty much applies to all sports...

-Tom Petty
Old 01-17-2023, 06:32 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,302 Times in 820 Posts

Sadly there was no joy in Mudville last night

The mighty Brady has struck out

Last edited by rustyp; 01-17-2023 at 06:38 AM.
Old 01-17-2023, 07:09 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by airstreamingypsy View Post
Mahomes will be the GOAT..... someday people will say, "Brady? Remind me, who is that?"
Mahomes has a long way to go. In twenty season, Brady went to the Super Bowl ten times and won seven of them.

I know that it's a team sport and all but still no one player has ever come close to these numbers. It's not a coincidence and it's not simple because he was on great teams or had a great coach. While both of those are true, why hasn't any other player in history had that kind of success with great teams and great coaches.

Mahomes has a lot of talent and will win a lot of games and set a lot of records, but NFL quarterbacks will be judged by wins, especially playoff wins and Super Bowl wins.

Some people may argue that Dan Fouts is the greatest quarterback of all time because of his talent. But talent is only one factor. The intangible ability to win is what makes an athlete great. Brady somehow found a way to win in spite of the fact that he didn't have the physique or raw talent that many other great quarterbacks have,
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Closed Thread

Tags
brady, tom, attain, men, people

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.