Hey, It Could Happen

Closed Thread
Old 02-05-2018, 11:20 AM
Platinum member
Default Hey, It Could Happen

Two Irishmen walk out of a bar....Hey, it could happen.....no that's not it....The Patriots lose a Super Bowl...Hey, it could happen.
Old 02-05-2018, 03:40 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,996 Times in 2,197 Posts

That was a great game last night, enjoyed every minute.
Old 02-05-2018, 05:09 PM
Platinum member

Eagles fan so happy he eats horse poop....Hey, it could happen

Eagles fan stoops to new low, even for Philly | New York Post
Old 02-05-2018, 08:46 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,558 Times in 507 Posts

A great game with the Eagles beating the most hated professional sports team there is. Probably hated more than the Detroit Pistons during their run of championships with Rodman and Lambeer.
Old 02-05-2018, 09:28 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,211 Times in 350 Posts

Glad
to see someone else win. Good Game. Dilly Dilly.
Old 02-05-2018, 09:47 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

What a great game on both sides. Such good coaching by the Eagles. Wow, the aggressive calls on the part of the Eagles' offense. Best super bowl in a while.
Old 02-05-2018, 10:03 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,208 Times in 1,172 Posts

A great game it was but I'm trying not to gloat in honor of my Patriot friends and family members who are probably in mourning today.

Well, maybe I'll gloat a little as it was a win-win for me. Currently living in Eagles country so I'm very happy for them, but born and raised in Steeler country so glad that the Pats didn't tie with the Steelers for Superbowl wins.

Okay, I'm done now. Please don't show this to any of my aforementioned friends or family members.
Old 02-05-2018, 10:10 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abby10 View Post
A great game it was but I'm trying not to gloat in honor of my Patriot friends and family members who are probably in mourning today.

Well, maybe I'll gloat a little as it was a win-win for me. Currently living in Eagles country so I'm very happy for them, but born and raised in Steeler country so glad that the Pats didn't tie with the Steelers for Superbowl wins.

Okay, I'm done now. Please don't show this to any of my aforementioned friends or family members.
Abby10!!!!! I knew there was a reason I like you so much. The main reason a Steeler fan/Pgh native would root for the Eagles was to keep the Pats from equaling our six rings. But I love an underdog too, like we were in Ben's first super bowl win.

2018... Here we go, Steelers, here we go! Wish we could cherry-pick a couple of Eagles coaches. Or get Cowher back.
Old 02-05-2018, 10:12 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance View Post
Abby10!!!!! I knew there was a reason I like you so much. The main reason a Steeler fan/Pgh native would root for the Eagles was to keep the Pats from equaling our six rings. But I love an underdog too, like we were in Ben's first super bowl win.

2018... Here we go, Steelers, here we go! Wish we could cherry-pick a couple of Eagles coaches. Or get Cowher back.
PS: I love all my Pats fans friends. Just can't love their team.
Old 02-05-2018, 10:16 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance View Post

Ahhhh.......someone who truly understands me.
Old 02-06-2018, 07:43 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abby10 View Post

No mourning by this Patriots fan. A great game by two very evenly matched teams. Could have gone either way.

We've had enough success to know that a few losses are going to happen. The Patriots will be back. It's been a great 16 years to be a Boston sports fan. All four teams have been great. Realistically, I understand that they are not going to win every time.

A lot of people don't realize that the Patriots were horrible for many years. The Red Sox had an 86 year drought and the Bruins had long gaps between Stanley Cups. The Celtics had their run for a long time, but basketball was never huge in Boston. Now the championships just keep coming.

I'm very happy for my friends that are Eagles fans. They waited a long time for this. I know what that's like being a Red Sox fan as well. And the Eagles look like they are going to be very good for a long time. Would love to see a rematch next February.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 02-06-2018, 07:53 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Winston O Boogie jr View Post
No mourning by this Patriots fan. A great game by two very evenly matched teams. Could have gone either way.

We've had enough success to know that a few losses are going to happen. The Patriots will be back. It's been a great 16 years to be a Boston sports fan. All four teams have been great. Realistically, I understand that they are not going to win every time.

A lot of people don't realize that the Patriots were horrible for many years. The Red Sox had an 86 year drought and the Bruins had long gaps between Stanley Cups. The Celtics had their run for a long time, but basketball was never huge in Boston. Now the championships just keep coming.

I'm very happy for my friends that are Eagles fans. They waited a long time for this. I know what that's like being a Red Sox fan as well. And the Eagles look like they are going to be very good for a long time. Would love to see a rematch next February.
I agree with you. It's definitely not over for the Patriots, and most likely not for the Eagles either. Anticipating an exciting season ahead.
Old 02-06-2018, 08:36 AM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 3,092 Times in 1,327 Posts

I had no DOG in this game, but I feel this was the best game ever!
Closed Thread

Tags
happen, hey, patriots, lose, bowl

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.