Looking for Patriots fans

Closed Thread
Old 09-07-2022, 08:57 PM
Sage
Thanked 14,037 Times in 5,329 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston-Sean View Post
Ha. My favorite part of the ESPN special "The Two Bills" where Parcels and Belichick sat down on camera for the first time was at the end. They were in Giants stadium doing the interviews mostly about the days with the Giants. As they are walking past the Jets locker room someone asks them if they want to go in and they both laugh and say "No way.".
Do not know when this special was on but Parcells came to be coach of Jets for a few years and did a great job with them but unfortunately he never stayed in one place for more than a few years
Old 09-07-2022, 10:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu from NYC View Post
Do not know when this special was on but Parcells came to be coach of Jets for a few years and did a great job with them but unfortunately he never stayed in one place for more than a few years

30 for 30: The Two Bills | Watch ESPN
Old 09-08-2022, 03:29 AM

Been a Pats fan since the 60's whe they played at Harvard Stadium. My Grandmother lived down the street. Me and my friends would try and sneek in to see the games. Sometimes we succeeded!
Old 09-08-2022, 05:13 AM
Platinum member
Default Hc, u call the play, no u do it,

Quote:
Originally Posted by tophcfa View Post
before the pandemic i sometimes went to gators dockside in spanish springs to watch the pats and there was always a large group from the patriots fan club there watching the game. It was a fun and loud cheering section. It was always enjoyable watching the dejected jets fans pout as the pats kicked their a$$es.
your in luck. The crying club meets there weekly at same time.
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2022-09-08-06-23-33-20_92460851df6f172a4592fca41cc2d2e6.jpg
Views:	344
Size:	11.1 KB
ID:	94994  

Last edited by Worldseries27; 09-08-2022 at 05:24 AM. Reason: FILE
Old 09-08-2022, 05:52 AM

So where do you live? I will be moving to TV in March or April of next year and was thinking the same thing. It would be nice to get together with some other Patriots fans and watch the games. I will be living in the Spanish Springs area.
Old 09-08-2022, 07:50 AM

Quote:
Show us on the doll where Bill Belichick hurt you.
Old 09-08-2022, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitley View Post
Fair play and class, two things never associated with the Pats.
They hate us, cause they ain’t us
Old 09-08-2022, 09:25 AM
Default Patriots club in the Villages

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chickivicki View Post
I was wondering if there is a group of NE Patriots fans that meet to watch the games…and if they would let me join them. No fun watching alone. 🏈🎉

Homanent@comcast.net or call me at (617) 653-2100.
Roger is the president of the club
Get together for almost every game plus other activities.
I’m sure he would like to have more members.
Old 09-08-2022, 12:29 PM
Default Patriots Fans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garywt View Post
So you are a Brady fan and not a Patriots fan. I have been a Pats fan since about 1970.
I think the very first Game the Patriots played in Foxboro (the first Stadium) was a Monday Night Game against The NY Giants, 1970.
Old 09-08-2022, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luigisciabarrasi View Post
I think the very first Game the Patriots played in Foxboro (the first Stadium) was a Monday Night Game against The NY Giants, 1970.
Schaefer stadium opened in 1971. First game was a disaster at halftime. The first time all the toilets were flushed at the same time. Huge mess.

My uncle had season tickets and I remember going to a pre-season game Jim Plunketts first year. Not sure if that was 71 or 72.
Old 09-08-2022, 05:17 PM
Platinum member
Default The truth is out there

Quote:
Originally Posted by chorndawg View Post
they hate us, cause they ain’t us
noooo,
this
is
why
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20220908_181112.jpg
Views:	134
Size:	77.9 KB
ID:	95001   The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20220908_181524.jpg
Views:	140
Size:	50.5 KB
ID:	95002  
Old 09-08-2022, 08:59 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,051 Times in 2,740 Posts

Quote:
Schaefer stadium opened in 1971. First game was a disaster at halftime. The first time all the toilets were flushed at the same time. Huge mess.
The lines at Schaefer stadium to pee were much shorter if you used a sink, drain in the bathroom floor, or one of the trash cans, and no flushing required.

Went to the Monday night Football game at Schaefer against the Steelers in 1979 and it was on of the craziest things I ever experienced. Never saw so many totally drunk fans in one place in my life, hundred of fans were handcuffed to the chain link fence around the stadium because they couldn’t haul away people fast enough in the paddy wagons. After the game the Foxboro select board voted to ban Monday night football unless no alcohol was sold. Monday night football didn’t return for 14 years.

Also was at the final game of the season at Schaefer stadium in 1985, when the Patriots beat Boomer Esiason and the Cincinnati Bengals to make the playoffs. After the game several fans, including myself, rushed the stadium field and tore down the goalposts. After that I left, but a bunch of fans decided it would be a good idea to carry one of the goalposts out of the stadium and bring it to the parking lot across the street. They proceeded to carry it right into some electrical wires and got severely shocked. That place was absolutely crazy back in the day before Kraft bought the team and cleaned things up.
Old 09-09-2022, 04:22 AM
Veteran member

Any place showing big screen TV games when Patriots play , not fun to be in the same room with their fans too much rowdiness whooping and hollering .
Old 09-09-2022, 05:42 AM
Sage
Thanked 14,037 Times in 5,329 Posts

Quote:
The lines at Schaefer stadium to pee were much shorter if you used a sink, drain in the bathroom floor, or one of the trash cans, and no flushing required.

Went to the Monday night Football game at Schaefer against the Steelers in 1979 and it was on of the craziest things I ever experienced. Never saw so many totally drunk fans in one place in my life, hundred of fans were handcuffed to the chain link fence around the stadium because they couldn’t haul away people fast enough in the paddy wagons. After the game the Foxboro select board voted to ban Monday night football unless no alcohol was sold. Monday night football didn’t return for 14 years.

Also was at the final game of the season at Schaefer stadium in 1985, when the Patriots beat Boomer Esiason and the Cincinnati Bengals to make the playoffs. After the game several fans, including myself, rushed the stadium field and tore down the goalposts. After that I left, but a bunch of fans decided it would be a good idea to carry one of the goalposts out of the stadium and bring it to the parking lot across the street. They proceeded to carry it right into some electrical wires and got severely shocked. That place was absolutely crazy back in the day before Kraft bought the team and cleaned things up.
Wow that is incredible
Old 09-09-2022, 07:38 AM

Quote:

In 1976 I went to an Eagles/Fleetwood Mac/Joe Walsh concert at Schaefer. It was all general admission with seating(standing) on the field. We figured that since they were only allowed to sell to the stadium capacity (65K) and with all the people on the field it would be easy to find seats in the stands. So we get there pretty close to the beginning of the show, walk up the ramp to the stands and find a sea of people. Turns out they just kept selling tickets way past 65K. No idea how many people actually were there but the only empty space in the entire stadium was up high in the corners. On those crappy aluminum bench seats. Even then some people managed to start fires in the stands. Who knows what they were burning.

Good times.
Closed Thread

Tags
patriots, fans, watching, fun, join

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.