Miami Dolphins Talk

Miami Dolphins Talk

Notices

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors




















» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #11  
Old 12-13-2008, 02:14 AM
chuckinca's Avatar
chuckinca chuckinca is offline
Sage
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 4,915
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwitch View Post
Got room (and a tik) for one more? I've been a Dolfan since '68 and would love to see them cream the Whiners. hehe Hope it's on television.


Not if Mike Singletary can help it they won't


.
__________________
Da Chicago So Side; The Village of Park Forest, IL; 3/7 Cav, 3rd Inf Div, Schweinfurt, Ger 65-66; MACV J12 Saigon 66-67; San Leandro, Hayward & Union City, CA (San Francisco East Bay Area) GO DUBS ! (aka W's)

  #12  
Old 12-13-2008, 01:39 PM
RAB RAB is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 34
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

To bad your last game is against the Jets in New York. Until the fish can win in cold climate there just another pretender.
Sponsored Links
  #13  
Old 12-13-2008, 01:46 PM
redwitch's Avatar
redwitch redwitch is offline
Sage
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 9,074
Thanks: 0
Thanked 10 Times in 5 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by silver stallion View Post
Redwich,
I've been a Dolphin fan since the very first game when the opening kickoff was run back for a touchdown by Joe Auer against the Oakland Raiders. We had a few bad years lately, but this year is really looking up.
I fell in love with the Fish when I saw Mercury Morris run. I stand by my past statements that he would have been declared the greatest running back of all time had he been playing with any other team. He really was superfluous with Kiich, Griese, Czonka, et al. But I loved him. I was truly saddened by his downfall to cocaine.

Considering I lived in California at the time and the Bay Area had the Traitors, becoming a Dolfan took nerve. I do remember having to leave more than one game at the Coliseum because I was cheering the "wrong" team. And I know that Miami would have had two undefeated seasons had they not had to play Oakland at the Coliseum the year before. Before Oakland's side trip to LA, Miami could never beat Oakland at home. The fans were just too great of a player in their own right.

I do plead guilty to totally ignoring my team when Johnson was coach. That is man I could never like nor respect. It broke my heart to see him lead the Dolfins. But I had no doubt that Miami would come back after Johnson left. I'm so glad to see it starting.

I hope you're enjoying the game. I'm so jealous. I really did enjoy going to Candlestick and cheering for my Fish. At least Whiner fans don't threaten to beat you up.
__________________
Army/embassy brat - traveled too much to mention
Moved here from SF Bay Area (East Bay)

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
  #14  
Old 08-21-2012, 03:05 PM
Edgewater12 Edgewater12 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 9
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Maybe the fins will have a good year but I highly doubt it I mean we did let go of thebest receivers in the nfl. But it's not like we have a QB who could throw the ball to him
1000 yds
  #15  
Old 08-21-2012, 05:10 PM
rp001 rp001 is offline
Veteran member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: glenbrook
Posts: 738
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default 1000 yds

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwitch View Post
I fell in love with the Fish when I saw Mercury Morris run. I stand by my past statements that he would have been declared the greatest running back of all time had he been playing with any other team. He really was superfluous with Kiich, Griese, Czonka, et al. But I loved him. I was truly saddened by his downfall to cocaine.

Considering I lived in California at the time and the Bay Area had the Traitors, becoming a Dolfan took nerve. I do remember having to leave more than one game at the Coliseum because I was cheering the "wrong" team. And I know that Miami would have had two undefeated seasons had they not had to play Oakland at the Coliseum the year before. Before Oakland's side trip to LA, Miami could never beat Oakland at home. The fans were just too great of a player in their own right.

I do plead guilty to totally ignoring my team when Johnson was coach. That is man I could never like nor respect. It broke my heart to see him lead the Dolfins. But I had no doubt that Miami would come back after Johnson left. I'm so glad to see it starting.

I hope you're enjoying the game. I'm so jealous. I really did enjoy going to Candlestick and cheering for my Fish. At least Whiner fans don't threaten to beat you up.
You folks brought tears to my eyes...Remember '72? Didn't all three of them get over 1000 yds...I happen to be a czonka fan, well Mandich, Little, Morral,can't remember the middle Linebacker or wide receivers though..Wait a minute, Paul Warfield...Also heard sadly Jim Mandich died of some form of cancer..Loved his radio show almost as much as Neil Rogers...
  #16  
Old 08-22-2012, 03:48 PM
Shimpy's Avatar
Shimpy Shimpy is offline
Sage
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 2,654
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rp001 View Post
You folks brought tears to my eyes...Remember '72? Didn't all three of them get over 1000 yds...I happen to be a czonka fan, well Mandich, Little, Morral,can't remember the middle Linebacker or wide receivers though..Wait a minute, Paul Warfield...Also heard sadly Jim Mandich died of some form of cancer..Loved his radio show almost as much as Neil Rogers...
Seems to me that the MLB was Manny Fernandez. Also to note on defense was Jake Scott. Don't forget Larry Seiple the kicker who by the way lives here in The Villages.
__________________
Les
nope
  #17  
Old 08-22-2012, 05:23 PM
rp001 rp001 is offline
Veteran member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: glenbrook
Posts: 738
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default nope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimpy View Post
Seems to me that the MLB was Manny Fernandez. Also to note on defense was Jake Scott. Don't forget Larry Seiple the kicker who by the way lives here in The Villages.
Nick Bunnocotti (sp?) was middle linebacker..Manny fernandez was a defensive lineman...A helluva good one too..I remember a book written by Csonka called "Always On the run"..Tells the stories of him, Fernandez,and Jim Kick sneaking out of training camp at night and generally raising hell in the two county area...Shula turned his head...AS long as they performed..I met Seiple many times and he is a good guy...I believe Seiple caught the winning touchdown pass in the super bowll...He punted, quarterbacked,was a wide receiver, and played on the special teams...Shula absolutely loved him. Almost as much as Csonka.
  #18  
Old 08-22-2012, 05:57 PM
Shimpy's Avatar
Shimpy Shimpy is offline
Sage
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 2,654
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rp001 View Post
...I believe Seiple caught the winning touchdown pass in the super bowll...He punted, quarterbacked,was a wide receiver, and played on the special teams...Shula absolutely loved him. Almost as much as Csonka.
Seiple is most remembered by his fake punt against the Steelers. He was running down the field carrying the ball with Pittsburgh players running in front of him looking for the ball in the air. That was the actual beginning of the Steelers gaining top status. Seiple said he did it on his own and it was OK with Shula as long as it worked.
I lived in Hollywood Fla. and worked at Sears during that time and met several players including Manny Fernandez, Earl Morral, and Norm Evans.
__________________
Les
  #19  
Old 08-22-2012, 06:03 PM
Shimpy's Avatar
Shimpy Shimpy is offline
Sage
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 2,654
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Can you Dolphin fans remember the longest game in the NFL history? Miami played Kansas City. I was watching it at my brothers house and my wife keep calling wanting me to come home for Christmas dinner, but the game kept going on and on. Finally Garo kicked a winning field goal.
__________________
Les

Last edited by Shimpy; 08-23-2012 at 04:01 PM.
pro bowl
  #20  
Old 08-22-2012, 06:21 PM
rp001 rp001 is offline
Veteran member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: glenbrook
Posts: 738
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default pro bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimpy View Post
Can you Dolphin fans remember the longest game in the NFL history? Miami played Kansas City. I was watching it at my brothers house and my wife keep calling wanting me to come home for Christmas diner, but the game kept going on and on. Finally Garo kicked a winning field goal.
The irony of that game is Kansas City's kicker, Jan Steneroud, was picked for the AFC's pro bowl...Caro was not. Caro won the game and I believe at that time it was the longest kick in history...Not bad for a tie salesman..LOL
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:27 PM.