Miami Dolphins Talk

Closed Thread
Old 08-22-2012, 03:48 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by rp001 View Post
You folks brought tears to my eyes...Remember '72? Didn't all three of them get over 1000 yds...I happen to be a czonka fan, well Mandich, Little, Morral,can't remember the middle Linebacker or wide receivers though..Wait a minute, Paul Warfield...Also heard sadly Jim Mandich died of some form of cancer..Loved his radio show almost as much as Neil Rogers...
Seems to me that the MLB was Manny Fernandez. Also to note on defense was Jake Scott. Don't forget Larry Seiple the kicker who by the way lives here in The Villages.
Old 08-22-2012, 05:23 PM
Veteran member
Default nope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimpy View Post
Seems to me that the MLB was Manny Fernandez. Also to note on defense was Jake Scott. Don't forget Larry Seiple the kicker who by the way lives here in The Villages.
Nick Bunnocotti (sp?) was middle linebacker..Manny fernandez was a defensive lineman...A helluva good one too..I remember a book written by Csonka called "Always On the run"..Tells the stories of him, Fernandez,and Jim Kick sneaking out of training camp at night and generally raising hell in the two county area...Shula turned his head...AS long as they performed..I met Seiple many times and he is a good guy...I believe Seiple caught the winning touchdown pass in the super bowll...He punted, quarterbacked,was a wide receiver, and played on the special teams...Shula absolutely loved him. Almost as much as Csonka.
Old 08-22-2012, 05:57 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by rp001 View Post
...I believe Seiple caught the winning touchdown pass in the super bowll...He punted, quarterbacked,was a wide receiver, and played on the special teams...Shula absolutely loved him. Almost as much as Csonka.
Seiple is most remembered by his fake punt against the Steelers. He was running down the field carrying the ball with Pittsburgh players running in front of him looking for the ball in the air. That was the actual beginning of the Steelers gaining top status. Seiple said he did it on his own and it was OK with Shula as long as it worked.
I lived in Hollywood Fla. and worked at Sears during that time and met several players including Manny Fernandez, Earl Morral, and Norm Evans.
Old 08-22-2012, 06:03 PM
Sage

Can you Dolphin fans remember the longest game in the NFL history? Miami played Kansas City. I was watching it at my brothers house and my wife keep calling wanting me to come home for Christmas dinner, but the game kept going on and on. Finally Garo kicked a winning field goal.

Last edited by Shimpy; 08-23-2012 at 04:01 PM.
Old 08-22-2012, 06:21 PM
Veteran member
Default pro bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimpy View Post
Can you Dolphin fans remember the longest game in the NFL history? Miami played Kansas City. I was watching it at my brothers house and my wife keep calling wanting me to come home for Christmas diner, but the game kept going on and on. Finally Garo kicked a winning field goal.
The irony of that game is Kansas City's kicker, Jan Steneroud, was picked for the AFC's pro bowl...Caro was not. Caro won the game and I believe at that time it was the longest kick in history...Not bad for a tie salesman..LOL
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.