New england cheaters

Closed Thread
Old 01-21-2015, 06:48 PM
Veteran member
Default New england cheaters

Do you think the CHEATERS should get bounced out of the super bowl?
Old 01-21-2015, 07:01 PM
Sage
Location: Summer at the Jersey Shore, Fall in New England [Maine], Winter in TV!

YES!!! And the coach should be suspended for at least half of next season!

Old 01-21-2015, 07:11 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by birdawg View Post
I don't follow football, is that the name of one of the teams?

Laughter is the best medicine, unless you're being treated for Shingles
Old 01-21-2015, 07:18 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobnBev View Post
I don't follow football, is that the name of one of the teams?
We are starting a movement to change the New England Patriots name to the New England Cheaters has a nice ring to it
Old 01-21-2015, 07:18 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,882 Times in 2,428 Posts

I'm in the dark here? Do teams supply there own balls? and if so Doesn't the Referees inspect them? If so something wrong here. The referee's should be supplying the balls and they should be tested before the game starts and at half time. Air pressure effect by air temps. or leak. If both teams played with the same balls then what's the beef? Just cause they got blown out don't mean they get the win by ball under inflated by 1 or 2 pounds. Now if New England supplies their own balls, why wasn't they checked before the game started and if so why does team get to play with their balls. And Last the referee's handle the balls after each plays. if they were under inflated enough don't you think they come feel that? And if not the refereeing not that good IMO. Loosing always leaves bad taste and we look for reasons why we got or clocks cleaned!
Old 01-21-2015, 07:33 PM

Each team provides 12 balls for their use. The balls are inspected and then turned over to the team. Both teams do not play with the same balls unless a ball is intercepted. It's pretty obvious that foul play was in process at the game. The Ravens , also , protested about deflated balls against the Patriots. An official is the one who ? the deflation of the balls. It's not a sore loser. Belichick has been known for these kinds of antics in the past. Who knows what else he had done. If our team had done this we would be ashamed and expect punishment.
Old 01-21-2015, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by birdawg View Post
Wow! The Officials checked the balls prior to game time and said nothing. By the way, if indeed the balls were underinflated shouldn't that have helped the pitiful performance of the Colts as well. What nonsense!
Old 01-21-2015, 07:45 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by newguyintv View Post
Wow! The Officials checked the balls prior to game time and said nothing. By the way, if indeed the balls were underinflated shouldn't that have helped the pitiful performance of the Colts as well. What nonsense!
The answer is in post 6.
Old 01-21-2015, 07:47 PM
Veteran member

I do not like the Pats or their coach. That being said they could beaten the Colts with a wiffle ball.
Old 01-21-2015, 07:48 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,882 Times in 2,428 Posts

"Each team provides 12 balls for their use. The balls are inspected and then turned over to the team. Both teams do not play with the same balls unless a ball is intercepted. It's pretty obvious that foul play was in process at the game. The Ravens , also , protested about deflated balls against the Patriots. An official is the one who ? the deflation of the balls. It's not a sore loser. Belichick has been known for these kinds of antics in the past. Who knows what else he had done. If our team had done this we would be ashamed and expect punishment. "

Well, That's poor refereeing by the NFL the TEAMS shouldn't have control of their balls. The NFL should be supplying the balls and the teams should have no contact with them other than warm up before the game, then after re-inspected and NONE while the game going on. Quarterbacks should be able to throw balls supplied not special balls they supplied IMO. Another reason why I lost interest in Pro Ball.
Old 01-21-2015, 08:00 PM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

To say I loathe the Pats is probably putting it mildly. I've never forgiven them for the blizzard game against Miami where they plowed the field for their kicker. They are not, nor have they ever been, a class act in my book. One of my biggest disappointments was when Brady signed with them since I know him and his family. He could have chosen better. That he is willing to play with an under- inflated ball is a huge disappointment and I'm willing to bet his father is none to happy with him.

For those who don't quite get it, the balls were probably deflated a bit after they were checked. This makes it easier for a receiver to catch the ball. As to the NFL supplying the balls, it doesn't really work. Footballs are to be inflated to a certain criteria. Some QBs prefer an over-inflated ball, some a little less. To have the balls be exactly alike is akin to forcing baseball players to all use the same type and weight of bat or all bowlers to use a 19 lb. ball. Just doesn't work.

However, this, to me, is just another example of the Pats at their best. It is a shame that a win at any cost is the mentality of so many.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein

Last edited by redwitch; 01-21-2015 at 08:49 PM. Reason: Typo, left out word
Old 01-21-2015, 08:24 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miles42 View Post
I do not like the Pats or their coach. That being said they could beaten the Colts with a wiffle ball.

I like the Pats. And you are still correct.
Old 01-21-2015, 08:29 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwitch View Post
To say I loathe the Pats is probably putting it mildly. I've never forgiven them for the blizzard game against Miami where they plowed the field for their kicker. They are not, nor have they ever been, a class act in my book. One of my biggest disappointments was when Brady signed with them since I know him and his family. He could have chosen better. That he is willing to play with an under- inflated ball is a huge disappointment and I'm willing to bet his father is none to happy with him.

For those who don't quite get it, the balls were probably deflated a bit after they were checked. This makes it easier for a receiver to catch the ball. As to the NFL supplying the balls, it doesn't really work. Footballs are to be inflated to a certain criteria. Some QBs prefer an over-inflated ball, some a little less. To have the balls be exactly alike is akin to forcing baseball p,ayers to all use the type and weight of bat or all bowlers to use a 19 lb. ball. Just doesn't work.

However, this, to me, is just another example of the Pats at their best. It is a shame that a win at any cost is the mentality of so many.

Blah Blah. Blah. We have no idea what the truth is at this point. Get a grip. You sound like VPL. (Okay, I admit that is an over reach.) Red - I enjoy your posts.
Old 01-21-2015, 08:34 PM
Sage
It's not like this was a close game or that the Pats don't have the best quarterback in history. According to news reports, no decision will be announced until after the Super Bowl, and possibly some changes on ball control will be made at that time. Until then, don't let these charges deflate the interest in the big game.
Old 01-21-2015, 08:57 PM

Maybe it wasn't a close game but the momentum of the game has a lot to do with how it is played. Who's to say if the balls were not Deflated that the Pats would have played any better than the Colts.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.