New england cheaters

Closed Thread
Old 01-22-2015, 09:53 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonH57 View Post
Because they handle the balls all the time and whether the ball had ten or ten and half psi it would have absolutetly nothing to do with the outcome of either teams performance. It's amazing to me people are still obsessing over it.
Amen. Another reasonable person.
Old 01-22-2015, 09:58 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by slipcovers View Post
According to a news reporter, 2# of air weights about the same as a standard white business envelope, that he held in his hand.
So...we should check the Patriots postal scale? I've had enough of this bologna.
Old 01-22-2015, 10:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbussone View Post
So...we should check the Patriots postal scale? I've had enough of this bologna.
No....you should wait for proof before laying blame on anyone. That's your bolognie.
Old 01-23-2015, 07:51 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

Quote:
According to a news reporter, 2# of air weights about the same as a standard white business envelope, that he held in his hand.
It's not about the weight of the balls, it's about their hardness or softness. We're talking about 2 lb PSI. Not two pounds of weight. The amount of air necessary to achieve 2 lb PSI varies depending on the size of the object that is inflated.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 01-23-2015, 08:17 AM
Sage
Default New england cheaters

Quote:
No....you should wait for proof before laying blame on anyone. That's your bolognie.
If you take the time to read my posts you'll learn I haven't blamed anyone. My bologna reference was to the others who have placed blame, and the postal scale reference was done tongue in cheek. (I grew up in MA)
Old 01-23-2015, 08:17 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Cool Millionaires

We're talking about millionaires playing a game that people pay to see. These are not highschool players having fun for their school. It is kind of naive to get any emotions involved. I have a hard time understanding cheering for a professional team. It is fun to watch but I did not win or loose a game I just observed watching a group of millionaires fighting to make more money. Again, it is interesting to see the skills they have BUT I keep in mind I am just an observer of a game that I did not play in, win or loose. Being honest I have a hard time understanding people who get emotionally involved beyond fun to watch in a game of millionaires playing a game which is all money.
Old 01-23-2015, 09:46 AM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to DonH57

Quote:
Originally Posted by PennBF View Post
We're talking about millionaires playing a game that people pay to see. These are not highschool players having fun for their school. It is kind of naive to get any emotions involved. I have a hard time understanding cheering for a professional team. It is fun to watch but I did not win or loose a game I just observed watching a group of millionaires fighting to make more money. Again, it is interesting to see the skills they have BUT I keep in mind I am just an observer of a game that I did not play in, win or loose. Being honest I have a hard time understanding people who get emotionally involved beyond fun to watch in a game of millionaires playing a game which is all money.
For me there is nothing more fun than watching the game with others is the food and drink, yelling, screaming, and pounding on tables like chimpanezes really bring out the neanderthal in most of us.
Old 01-23-2015, 09:58 AM
Gold member

Below is an article from NBCSports.com as to how the rules changed after 2006 on the handling of the fooballs. Link to complete article below.

Brady pushed for rule to let visiting team provide own footballs

Posted by Michael David Smith on January 22, 2015, 11:37 AM EST
Tom Brady
AP

Patriots quarterback Tom Brady has long wanted control over the footballs he throws, to the point where he was the driving force behind a rules change that allowed visiting teams to provide their own footballs, rather than having both teams use footballs provided by the home team.

In 2006, Brady and Peyton Manning successfully lobbied the league to let every team provide its own footballs to use on offense. Prior to that, it was always the home team that supplied the footballs, which meant that road team quarterbacks didn’t get to try the footballs out until pregame warmups.

Brady said at the time that he appreciated the opportunity to address the league’s Competition Committee and get a rule change that he felt would be advantageous to himself and other quarterbacks.

“The thing is, every quarterback likes it a little bit different,” Brady told the Sun-Sentinel at the time. “Some like them blown up a little bit more, some like them a little more thin, some like them a little more new, some like them really broken in.”

Brady’s comments come into new focus this week as the NFL investigates whether the Patriots deflated footballs in the AFC Championship Game, in violation of NFL rules. After Patriots coach Bill Belichick said today that he knows nothing about how balls are prepared prior to games, increased attention has turned to whether Brady was behind deflating the footballs.

Brady pushed for rule to let visiting team provide own footballs | ProFootballTalk

Another interesting article.
http://nypost.com/2015/01/22/aikman-...k-should-burn/
Old 01-23-2015, 10:06 AM

The NFL has adopted the WWF philosophy. You will get peoples attention with a really good argument, the only bad publicity is no publicity. They now have everyone's attention all of the media is talking even the government wants to get involved, and it isn't costing anyone a dime.
Old 01-23-2015, 10:52 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonH57 View Post
For me there is nothing more fun than watching the game with others is the food and drink, yelling, screaming, and pounding on tables like chimpanezes really bring out the neanderthal in most of us.
Me too! And I don't care if they're making millions of dollars. I truly enjoy watching the sport played at its highest level of performance.

If they were only playing for money, then you wouldn't see any players suffering such evident dejection after a serious loss.
Old 01-23-2015, 10:54 AM
Platinum member

https://www.facebook.com/classicalku...type=1&theater
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	nfl.jpg
Views:	159
Size:	145.0 KB
ID:	47202  

"Do no harm" (but take no sh**!)
Old 01-23-2015, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Winston O Boogie jr View Post
A violation of the rules would occur only if someone on the the team, knowingly and deliberately deflated the balls. We don't know that that's the case.
The rule was violated regardless of anyone's intent.
Old 01-23-2015, 12:58 PM
Bosoxfan

football-jpg
Old 01-23-2015, 01:24 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

An interesting commentary from John Madden about who would be the person who knew these balls were deflated.
John Madden: Blame Tom Brady for deflated footballs | ProFootballTalk

Belichik seemed to be passing the buck subtly down to Brady yesterday. Could be...

Also, the top few comments are interesting, especially the one about the suspension of the Saints' players and coach.
Old 01-23-2015, 01:43 PM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to DonH57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosoxfan View Post
That sounds about right! LOL
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.