New england cheaters

Closed Thread
Old 01-27-2015, 09:13 PM

I have had some experience with footballs. In all this noise about it, would someone please explain exactly what advantage is obtained with a slightly reduced PSI? I just checked one with 13 Lbs and then let out 2 for comparison. Could hardly feel the difference. I am surprised I haven't seen any of the "talking heads" on TV perform such a simple test before ranting. This is much ado about nothing, again, just like the week before most other Super Bowls. They need to fill that empty week with something.
Old 01-27-2015, 09:52 PM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to DonH57

Quote:
Originally Posted by ditka41 View Post
I have had some experience with footballs. In all this noise about it, would someone please explain exactly what advantage is obtained with a slightly reduced PSI? I just checked one with 13 Lbs and then let out 2 for comparison. Could hardly feel the difference. I am V perform such a simple test before ranting. This is much ado about nothing, again, just like the week before most other Super Bowls. They need to fill that empty week with something.
That's exactly right. All talking heads. I do know from experience that the little valve devices in football's, basket and soccer balls weaken with time and every time you pierce them to test pressure or add air will pass air. If you also familiar with Charles law of gases only inert gases do not change pressure with temperature.
Old 01-27-2015, 10:45 PM

I don't know how many times the needle would have to be inserted to lose 2 LBS due to leakage at the valve, but a game would be completed long before it happened. -- I wondered if this thread might morph into the topic of Nitrogen for your tires and applying that nonsense to footballs. Maybe some "talking head" will pick up on that one tomorrow? Helium anyone? That would add a new element to the result when they "float" a pass out to the flat.
Old 01-28-2015, 10:16 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PennBF View Post
They cheated. All the rationale in the world cannot excuse them either by denying an infraction, being no absolute proof, and all the other attempts to say they are just an innocent team that had been caught before but are now just honest people who would not do such a thing. Hello, they already have. It is interesting how many want them to be innocent and will dig up any and all possible excuses to say they are. The facts are: there were 24 balls 12 from Colts and 12 from NE. The 11 of the 12 from NE were in violation, 4 well known and past Superbowl QB have said that they must have known of the violations, each said they would have known when handling the ball(s). They have a history of "cheating". Let's really get real and recognize what they are and not what we would want them to be. Finally is the statement that so what if the ball was 2 PSI below the "rules". That is the ultimate of saying so what if they cheated you have to prove it impacted the game. NO. Just that they cheated.
I suppose that people read what they want and disregard other information. But. several other former NFL quarterbacks have come out and said that there is no way that anyone, including Tom Brady would have known that the balls were under inflated. Many experts and former players have come out on both sides of this issue.

But since you have all the facts and absolutely KNOW that The Patriots under inflated then balls, perhaps you should call the NFL and tell the that they should call off this investigation because you have the answer that they're looking for.

I've address the so called spy gate incident of seven years ago. It, like this was a minor, technical infraction of a rule. All teams video their opponents practices and it is allowed. You just can't do it outside of a designated area. The Patriots were guilty of making that small error and paid for it.

But, it's OK. You just go on hating and we will watch our team in the Superbowl.

Has everyone heard the latest, by the way? The equipment manager for the Patriots took the balls into the bathroom adjacent to the referees locker room for 90 seconds! Now, there's a smoking gun if I ever heard one. There is simply no other plausible reason for him to have gone into the bathroom for 90 seconds before heading out to the field with the balls other than to deflate 11 of them in that 90 seconds. I think that they have them cold now.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 01-28-2015, 10:33 AM
Sage
Default New england cheaters

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Winston O Boogie jr View Post
I suppose that people read what they want and disregard other information. But. several other former NFL quarterbacks have come out and said that there is no way that anyone, including Tom Brady would have known that the balls were under inflated. Many experts and former players have come out on both sides of this issue.

But since you have all the facts and absolutely KNOW that The Patriots under inflated then balls, perhaps you should call the NFL and tell the that they should call off this investigation because you have the answer that they're looking for.

I've address the so called spy gate incident of seven years ago. It, like this was a minor, technical infraction of a rule. All teams video their opponents practices and it is allowed. You just can't do it outside of a designated area. The Patriots were guilty of making that small error and paid for it.

But, it's OK. You just go on hating and we will watch our team in the Superbowl.

Has everyone heard the latest, by the way? The equipment manager for the Patriots took the balls into the bathroom adjacent to the referees locker room for 90 seconds! Now, there's a smoking gun if I ever heard one. There is simply no other plausible reason for him to have gone into the bathroom for 90 seconds before heading out to the field with the balls other than to deflate 11 of them in that 90 seconds. I think that they have them cold now.
Doc - I think we're just going to have to wait for the NFL to speak out. In the fog of deflation and the men's room steam we'll just have to wait until they rule to find out what is in it.

Go Pats
Old 01-28-2015, 10:35 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by njbchbum View Post
YES!!! And the coach should be suspended for at least half of next season!
Next time they play the packers could be the cheaters vs the choakers
Old 01-28-2015, 10:42 AM
Sage

NE Pats won 3 Super Bowls with Belechick, along with the Spygate scandal.

NE is trying to win their 4th now, with the DeflateGate scandal.

The defateGate scandal could be much ado about nothing in terms of the size of a QB's hands and the grip of the football while attempting to pass. Some QB's seem to think this is not the difference in winning a game and some do.

I think it has more to do with the culture the coach has created. Everyone in the NFL says some things are just gamemanship and all teams try to get any advantage if possible. Everyone wants a level playing field and know they have been beaten honestly. Whether this really happened and who in the Pats organization was told to do this speaks more to the issue.

Roger Goodall always talks about protecting the NFL shield of integrity. Well, it's been a bad year for the NFL and it's personnel. Like all managers/coaches, they have to take the responsibility for what happens to the team.

Belechick is a great coach and a sure Hall of Fame type coach and certainly didn't need to cheat his way into greatness. Sadly, I think his legacy will be tarnished just like baseball players who have used PED'S.

I just want to do the right thing! Uncle Joe, (my hero).
Old 01-28-2015, 10:46 AM
Veteran member

Just like that game "Clue" The ballboy did it in the bathroom with a needle. Uck, tainted footballs, they've been in the bathroom!
Old 01-28-2015, 11:05 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Here is something amusing to take your mind off of all of this. Now, I never liked the Seahawks much because they whined so darn much after the Steelers beat them in the Super Bowl way back when. In fact, they're still whining about it. And I never liked the Patriots very much because they got caught blatantly videotaping in 2007,and oh yeah, that was the year they knocked us out of the playoffs, aided by said tapes.

So I was torn who to root for, or not to watch at all. But I have to watch, because it's the last football game of the season. Then I found this in the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette today:

Ron Cook: Forget the Patriots -- Seahawks are hard to like | Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Enjoy, whoever you're rooting for.
Old 01-28-2015, 12:49 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Exclamation He Isn't

Belechick is not a Vince Lombardi who would not stoop so low as to cheat. He did tell his players that they should never help another player up but rather let them use their own strength to use up energy. That was what real coaches do, they don't try to cheat to win and he surly won games. In most places if you get caught cheating you are never allowed back and he was absolutely caught cheating in "spy gate". At that point he should have been banned for life from the game but it has become so crooked that people like him can continue to be what they are and coach or play. There are fans that never see evil but rationalize the violations to be something they are not. Anybody that doesn't believe a deflated ball could impact the game has never played football, anybody who doesn't know that an NFL QB could tell if a football is underinflated does not know football, anybody who thinks the coach does not know everything about the players and quipment does not know football, anybody who thinks that some players and coaches don't put money ahead of morals does not know pro football. The same goes on in the French Bike race, Major Leage Baseball, yes and Golf, and basketball,
what makes some think football is different and that a Belechick or Brady is above being like the other sports that had/have cheaters?
Old 01-28-2015, 12:54 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance View Post
Here is something amusing to take your mind off of all of this. Now, I never liked the Seahawks much because they whined so darn much after the Steelers beat them in the Super Bowl way back when. In fact, they're still whining about it. And I never liked the Patriots very much because they got caught blatantly videotaping in 2007,and oh yeah, that was the year they knocked us out of the playoffs, aided by said tapes.

So I was torn who to root for, or not to watch at all. But I have to watch, because it's the last football game of the season. Then I found this in the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette today:

Ron Cook: Forget the Patriots -- Seahawks are hard to like | Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Enjoy, whoever you're rooting for.
Aha! Now we learn the truth.
Old 01-28-2015, 01:49 PM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to DonH57

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbussone View Post
Aha! Now we learn the truth.
I read this article this morning and found it to be interesting.
Old 01-28-2015, 08:26 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

A couple of interesting articles as new information is beginning to come out.

» Who Exactly Is Mike Kensil? AKA – The Ringleader of Deflategate Barstool Sports: Boston

Some Reporters Wonder If Patriots’ DeflateGate Was NFL Sting Operation | New England Patriots | NESN.com
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 01-28-2015, 08:32 PM
Sage
Default New england cheaters

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Winston O Boogie jr View Post
Excellent articles Doc. Thanks for the research. The haters will continue to hate (jealous as they are) and we can start chillin in order to be ready for the Game.

Go Pats!
Old 01-28-2015, 10:09 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Default Call Names

There is an old debating statement. When you don't have the facts call names. I have intentionally avoided labeling anyone as a hater,etc. I have noted that there are indicators as to the quality of knowledge regarding football. I kind of feel I have a pretty good knowledge on the subject. That knowlege has led me to believe that prior behavior, (e.g. cheating), and current behavior, (e.g. deflated footballs directly associated with the Patriots) is not an accident of fate but rather a pretty strong indicator of a team that lost its moral compass. It takes a strong rationale to believe these are just accidents even though no other team has 2+ cheating like accidents in their relative current history. Lest we forget the Raven's noted the problem after their game and before the game balls in question. I will leave this alone but did not want to leave the impression that I would allow any of my own behavior waste energy in hating a group of professional millionare players. Now that would really be stupid!
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.