Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   NFL Football (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/nfl-football-328/)
-   -   New York Giants Talk (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/nfl-football-328/new-york-giants-talk-48478/)

De Lis 01-16-2012 09:27 AM

Packers vs. Anyone

Will ALWAYS love my Green Bay Packers!

tpop1 01-16-2012 09:43 AM

but.....

Quote:

Originally Posted by natickdan (Post 441015)
I'm all for another Patriots/Giants match-up, but this year the results will be different.

As the man said.......

That's why they play the game!

That goes for next Sunday also...nothing is given, right 49'er and Raven fans!

Go Blue!!!!

RichieB 01-16-2012 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tpop1 (Post 441098)
As the man said.......

That's why they play the game!

That goes for next Sunday also...nothing is given, right 49'er and Raven fans!

Go Blue!!!!

:agree:

only things that are given are that on any given Sunday, any given team can beat any other given team

:icon_wink:

ajbrown 01-16-2012 11:30 AM

Disclaimer: Pats fan

Quote:

Originally Posted by natickdan (Post 441015)
I'm all for another Patriots/Giants match-up, but this year the results will be different.

I would love to see this again. Would be quite a game. Think there would be any hype about the last time they met?

I remember when the Giants beat New England in the '18-1' season. Of course devastating for Pats fans. The next Tuesday, I played in Men's day at Mallory. I met the guys I was paired with for the first time. One volunteered to drive his cart. As he pulls up to load my stuff, all I see is NY emblems for Giants and Yankees. I got in, explained I was a Pats fan, told him I thought the Giants played a great game and this must simply be part of my grieving process. We bump into each other all the time and chat or have a beer. I will always remember how we met, he is a great guy (except for the whole Yankee thing :evil6:).

Last time I saw him the Giants had just won to get into the playoffs. As I left; I congratulated him and told him good luck and said, all he and I can hope is we get one more chance to dance :).

That is a ways off yet. On my side, the Pats have to first prove their offense can play against a tough defense from Baltimore.

2BNTV 01-16-2012 11:43 AM

I know someone who is wishing for a Pats/Giants Super Bowl as he wants to get revenge for the last one and he wasn't shy in saying the Pats would blow the doors off the Giants this time.

I was hoping the Giants meet the Ravens hoping to avenge the Super Bowl loss of 2000. I guess I have a long memory.

Still one more game to play but it sure will be interesting to see who wins this coming Sunday.

It would be something if the Harbaugh brothers teams wind up in the Super Bowl. Just a thought I rather not think of, but a possibility.

GO G -MEN!!!!

blue72 01-16-2012 12:07 PM

Go big blue!!!!!!!!!!!

:bigbow:GO BIG BLUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:bigbow:

Northstar 01-16-2012 01:37 PM

:agree:

rubicon 01-16-2012 02:26 PM

I am the original bad luck fan. So I don't pick a team until after the two teams finishing playing. Go Gaints! Go 49'ers. Now I have to wait and pick two more teams after they finish playing next week to get ready for the super bowl.
Go????????????????;)

janmcn 01-16-2012 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rubicon (Post 441212)
I am the original bad luck fan. So I don't pick a team until after the two teams finishing playing. Go Gaints! Go 49'ers. Now I have to wait and pick two more teams after they finish playing next week to get ready for the super bowl.
Go????????????????;)

Please don't pick the Patriots.:bigbow:

bkcunningham1 01-16-2012 02:54 PM

Rubicon, you should jump on the 49er bandwagon.

2newyorkers 01-16-2012 03:11 PM

go giants!!!!!!!!!!!!

2BNTV 01-23-2012 11:58 AM

Big Blue Ruminations

I am a lifelong Giants fan starting from the Colts/Giants game that put the NFL on the map. Does the name Alan Ameche ring a bel?

IMHO - Giants were lucky to win yesterday as they finally got a call that usually goes against them. The referee ruled Bradshaw's roward progress was stopped before the ball was stripped out. Not reviewable as it was a judgement call by the referee. I personally think it was a fumble but I am not complaining. The two errors by Kyle Williams really hurt SF as the Giants scored ten points from them. Any one of those things don't happen/happen and they would have lost the game, (I am not compaining, just an observation). The SF defense was ferocious and the game was close and a big battle. A real bloodbath and I feel a little sorry for Kyle Williams but I have to commend him for being a stand-up guy and facing the media.

An instant classic. As usual, the Giants make sure my pressure is OK with these type of games.

All I can in conclusion. WHEW!!! A heart wrenching game.

brostholder 01-23-2012 12:22 PM

The G-Men played a courageous game against a punishing defense. In a game so evenly matched, it often comes down to special teams, either a great special teams play or a special team error. In this case (and in the Patriot vs Ravens game) it came down to a special team making an error. He knew the ball hit his knee...you could tell by his reaction when it happened. I don't know if I'm ready to count Eli among the elite QB's of the league, but he sure is getting close! Now on to the Superbowl!! It is going to be another epic battle. I'm sure NE fans remember "the catch".

chuckinca 01-23-2012 12:49 PM

Dallas fans remember The Catch

Montana to Dwight Clark

collie1228 01-23-2012 01:15 PM

When I was playing football in the street in the early Sixties with my friends, it was ALWAYS "Tittle to Shofner" when you made a great pass. So I'm a Big Blue fan through and through, and obviously I'm biased, but I didn't think Branshaw fumbled on that play. Anytime you are being forced backward due to pressure from the defense, and the defensive guy is holding onto you, that's no longer forward progress and according to the Head Linesman, the play had been whistled dead. Anyway, water over the dam. Now we have to worry about Brady to Welker, a pitch and catch combo much better than any on the 49ers.