New York Giants Talk

Old 01-08-2011, 12:25 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpop1 View Post
I wanted to let anyone interested know, that the New York Sports Fan Club, which we have discussed here previously, is in the process of getting a final roster to the Rec. Department. This is the last step in getting a meeting schedule and a location from them.

We are looking for all New York Sports Fans to join us for a monthly meeting to celebrate our favorite teams. We've got Jets, Yankees, Mets, Giants, Rangers, Nets, Knicks, Islanders fans, etc. We even have a Buffalo Bills fan who will be with us!!!

I can’t wait to get going, as I know we have a lot to talk about….The Jets playoff results, the Giants fiasco, the Rangers and Knicks livening up the Garden, Mets and Yankees getting going.

Please let me know if you are interested (I need your name, phone number, and email address- ) and I'll add you to the roster and the email list.

See you soon
tpop1:

Thank you for spearheading the formation of this club.

I sent you a PM with my information and topics to be discussed.

Regards,

Joe
Old 01-09-2011, 10:17 AM

Can Met fans and Yankee fans be put in the same room together?
Old 01-09-2011, 12:12 PM
Sage

Talking sports and breaking chops is what it is all about.

Lively discussion on things that can't be resolved is a good way to entertain a sports fan as long as it stays civil.

I remember when the argument was, "Who's a better centerfielder, Mickey Mantle, Willie Mays or Duke Snider". It was an unending discussion with everyone clinging to their opinions.

As a Yankee fan, I stuck up for Mantle but in my heart, I felt that Mays was a better ballplayer.
Old 01-09-2011, 01:30 PM
Veteran member
Location: Clinton, CT Sarasota, FL, The Villages - July 10, 2009
Default We're making progress...

Hi Gang,

First of all ....congratulations to the Jets and all their fans....heart stopping but sometimes its better that way!!!!!

Next to the question that "billds567" asks, "Can Met fans and Yankee fans be put in the same room together?"...this Yankee fan will always have a soft spot in my sporting heart for The Mets ...can you say 1984? I root for 2 teams the Yanks and anyone beating the $%^ @#$%*

Barry …..put you on the roster…welcome aboard!

Joe had you on the list but needed your phone and email address ….thanks!

Roster going to Rec. Dept. tomorrow and hope to have a time and place soon.
Old 01-09-2011, 04:20 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by billds567 View Post
Can Met fans and Yankee fans be put in the same room together?
Yep, providing the Mets fans show proper respect to the far superior Yankee fans.
Just kidding guys, I root for the Mets too.
Old 01-15-2012, 07:30 PM
Veteran member
Location: Clinton, CT Sarasota, FL, The Villages - July 10, 2009
Default NFL - Don't it feel like.....

Go Giants!!!!
Old 01-15-2012, 07:51 PM
Gold member

Watching the end of the Packers game right now. G-Men take it !! Let's go Giants !
Old 01-15-2012, 07:52 PM
Sage

Woo Hooo! What a game!! Goooo Giants!!! OMGoodness. I'm hoarse from screaming...my hands are sore from high-fiving!!
Old 01-15-2012, 07:58 PM
Eternal Member

Great game!!! We did it. Only two more to go.

Bring on the Niners!!!

Go Big Blue!!!

Second star to the right, then straight on 'til morning.
Old 01-15-2012, 09:12 PM
Gold member

I never would have predicted this about four weeks ago. But I love the Giants grittiness - they don't give up. And Eli is a great QB. I expect them to get to the Superbowl - they are a lot better than the team that barely lost to the 49'ers earlier in the season. Go Giants.
Old 01-15-2012, 09:23 PM
Veteran member
Smile To All My Wisconsin Friends

As they say on NYPD Blue...

So Sorry For Your Loss!

Go Giants!
Old 01-15-2012, 11:01 PM
Sage
Default Giants Beat the Pack

I feel real good now for several reasons:
1. I am so tired of the Fox broadcast experts, (Michael Strahan is the exception as he is a former Giant so I expect him to pick the Giants), of bashing the Giants and their saying they have no chance re Jimmy Johson saying he is sticking a fork in them as they are done.
2. I always feel better when Tom Gola of the NY Daily News predicts the Giants will lose as they always seem to win, (I assume he is in NY).
3. Other experts on this Week in Football except for Howard Cross, (ex- Giant player) as they show how little they know.

THAT"S WHY THEY PLAY THE GAME!!!!!!!

Two calls had me upset as the ref's had to be blind as the instant replay clearly showed they were in the Giants favor. The fumble in the second quarter they ruled the runner was down and the hit to the helmet of Rodgers that wasn't. Both calls resulting in TD's for the Packers that shouldn't have happened. The purpose of the replay is to get the call right.

RIGHT!!!!!!

It's a game of emotion and how healthy every player it is. I'll admit that some teams have exceptional talent that will overcome anything but the line between winning and losing is sometimes very fine. It comes down to a few plays. The team that makes them wins,

Onto to SF and the NFC Championship Game. I was hoping the Giants make the playoffs and make some noise but to get the the NFC Championship makes me very happy. SF has a great team so it will be a big battle.

GO BIG BLUE

I just want to do the right thing! Uncle Joe, (my hero).
Old 01-15-2012, 11:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauld315 View Post
Watching the end of the Packers game right now. G-Men take it !! Let's go Giants !
I'm all for another Patriots/Giants match-up, but this year the results will be different.

Dan
Natick, MA
Village of Buttonwood 1/12/11
Old 01-15-2012, 11:30 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2BNTV View Post
I feel real good now for several reasons:
1. I am so tired of the Fox broadcast experts, (Michael Strahan is the exception as he is a former Giant so I expect him to pick the Giants), of bashing the Giants and their saying they have no chance re Jimmy Johson saying he is sticking a fork in them as they are done.
2. I always feel better when Tom Gola of the NY Daily News predicts the Giants will lose as they always seem to win, (I assume he is in NY).
3. Other experts on this Week in Football except for Howard Cross, (ex- Giant player) as they show how little they know.

THAT"S WHY THEY PLAY THE GAME!!!!!!!

Two calls had me upset as the ref's had to be blind as the instant replay clearly showed they were in the Giants favor. The fumble in the second quarter they ruled the runner was down and the hit to the helmet of Rodgers that wasn't. Both calls resulting in TD's for the Packers that shouldn't have happened. The purpose of the replay is to get the call right.

RIGHT!!!!!!

It's a game of emotion and how healthy every player it is. I'll admit that some teams have exceptional talent that will overcome anything but the line between winning and losing is sometimes very fine. It comes down to a few plays. The team that makes them wins,

Onto to SF and the NFC Championship Game. I was hoping the Giants make the playoffs and make some noise but to get the the NFC Championship makes me very happy. SF has a great team so it will be a big battle.

GO BIG BLUE

Very good post. Good Giants!!!
Old 01-16-2012, 06:18 AM
Default Patriots Fan

This will be my first year not being up north for Super Bowl. In fact, I arrive at my Villages rental on February 1. Can anyone recommend a good place at The Villages for watching my Patriots? And, yes, I realize that I am assuming some things. I am not one who watches football all the time, but Super Bowl is different.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.