New York Jets Talk

Old 12-22-2010, 08:34 AM
Veteran member

Cool bluedog103. Hard to tell sometimes in written forums if someone is having fun or someone is being stupid. You fall into the first category, happily. BTW, I was a Giants fan growing up before the NFL and AFL merged. Gifford-Tittle-Shofner-Rote days. Still remember those days fondly. But I still wasn't be very happy in Feb 2008!

B.
Old 12-22-2010, 10:29 AM
Sage
Talking VideoGate

A buddy and I were just talking about "video gate" a week ago. There is lots and lots of articles out there and I found this online which is a nice summary.....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2007_Na...ng_controversy

I had forgotten a couple of things.....

Disclaimer: Grew up a Giants fan, been Patriots fan since they started building the stadium (Schaefer) in my hometown of Foxboro, MA

Last edited by ajbrown; 12-22-2010 at 11:25 AM.
Old 12-22-2010, 08:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ_Boston View Post
Jets will be tough in the playoffs and ARE the team to beat next year.
Jets are the team to beat next year? Let's see, the Pat's #1 draft pick Ty Warren (DL) is on IR and comes back next year, their 12 million dollar CB, Bodden comes back from IR, their starting safety McGowan comes back from IR and his replacement, Josh Barrett, whom they received from Denver comes back from IR, two starting offensive linemen (pro-bowlers) come back from IR - Steve Neal and Nick Kaczur plus all the following are on IR and will be with the team next year: Richard (DL), Weston (DL), Deaderick (DL), Lockett (CB), Wilhite (CB), Gostkowski (their pro-bowl kicker), and Faulk (the best 3rd down back over the last 8 years). To go with this the Pat's have two, # 1 draft picks; two, #2 picks; two, #3 picks . . . 6 picks in the top 100! With BB and Brady and all this talent I would not be calling anyone else the "team to beat."
Old 12-23-2010, 08:45 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by gongoozler View Post
Jets are the team to beat next year? Let's see, the Pat's #1 draft pick Ty Warren (DL) is on IR and comes back next year, their 12 million dollar CB, Bodden comes back from IR, their starting safety McGowan comes back from IR and his replacement, Josh Barrett, whom they received from Denver comes back from IR, two starting offensive linemen (pro-bowlers) come back from IR - Steve Neal and Nick Kaczur plus all the following are on IR and will be with the team next year: Richard (DL), Weston (DL), Deaderick (DL), Lockett (CB), Wilhite (CB), Gostkowski (their pro-bowl kicker), and Faulk (the best 3rd down back over the last 8 years). To go with this the Pat's have two, # 1 draft picks; two, #2 picks; two, #3 picks . . . 6 picks in the top 100! With BB and Brady and all this talent I would not be calling anyone else the "team to beat."

Read a previous post about writing with the end game in mind. Do you really think, as a Pats season ticket holder, that I was being sincere?
Old 01-09-2011, 04:33 PM
Gold member
Default J-e-t-s

Wow! Great game. I gotta admit that when Indy kicked their last field goal I pretty much gave up. Who would have picked Cromartie and Folk to be the heros?
Now, for the good stuff. New England, here we come. There's no better feeling in sports than to kick the Patriots butts. Now we'll get to do it twice in the same season.
J-E-T-S...JETS-JETS-JETS!

Last edited by bluedog103; 01-09-2011 at 04:35 PM. Reason: Confusing
Old 01-09-2011, 05:20 PM
nkrifats

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedog103 View Post
Wow! Great game. I gotta admit that when Indy kicked their last field goal I pretty much gave up. Who would have picked Cromartie and Folk to be the heros?
Now, for the good stuff. New England, here we come. There's no better feeling in sports than to kick the Patriots butts. Now we'll get to do it twice in the same season.
I have to agree that I had just about given up and once again they pull it off again. What a game. Next week will be a game to watch I hope. Hope we can keep it going.
Old 01-09-2011, 05:42 PM
Veteran member
Smile

Not high scoring but a great game. Go JETS!
Old 01-09-2011, 06:05 PM
Veteran member

Sanchez called play to set up the winning field goal!!

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/fo...inal_shot.html
Old 01-09-2011, 06:46 PM

Quote:
As a Pats fan, I'm pysched that we will be playing the Jets. Although the Jets have earned their play-off spot, they are not, on any level, as strong as the Pats. Remember the 45-3 Pats win over the Jets?

We all remember what happened when the Pats ( 16-0 ) played the Giants in Super Bowl XLII. This Pats team, although not 16-0, is so much better than that Pats 2008 team.

In the end, it really does get down to which teams plays better next week. Although my money is on the Pats, I'm aware that anything is possible in a one game series. This is what makes the post season so exciting!

May the best "New England" team win!

Dan
Natick, MA
Village of Buttonwood 1/12/11
Old 01-10-2011, 09:15 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by natickdan View Post
As a Pats fan, I'm pysched that we will be playing the Jets. Although the Jets have earned their play-off spot, they are not, on any level, as strong as the Pats. Remember the 45-3 Pats win over the Jets?

We all remember what happened when the Pats ( 16-0 ) played the Giants in Super Bowl XLII. This Pats team, although not 16-0, is so much better than that Pats 2008 team.

In the end, it really does get down to which teams plays better next week. Although my money is on the Pats, I'm aware that anything is possible in a one game series. This is what makes the post season so exciting!

May the best "New England" team win!
I'm with ya on may the best team win. I just don't get the" "New England" team part. The Jets are a NY team that plays in NJ (go figure).
Old 01-10-2011, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LI SNOWBIRD View Post
I'm with ya on may the best team win. I just don't get the" "New England" team part. The Jets are a NY team that plays in NJ (go figure).
Lost in translation......I was attempting to interject a bit of humor because there is only one "New England" team playing and if the winning team is from "New England", it would have to the Pats.

Dan
Natick, MA
Village of Buttonwood 1/12/11
Old 01-10-2011, 01:18 PM
Bosoxfan

Quote:

I've said it before and I'll say it again!!!

THE ONLY WAY THE JETS CAN BEAT THE PATS IS TO SWAP QUARTERBACKS AND THAT"S NOT HAPPENING!!!
Old 01-10-2011, 02:17 PM
Gold member

Always happy to see opponents over confident.
Old 01-10-2011, 03:08 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosoxfan View Post
I've said it before and I'll say it again!!!

THE ONLY WAY THE JETS CAN BEAT THE PATS IS TO SWAP QUARTERBACKS AND THAT"S NOT HAPPENING!!!
Last 4 meetings....Jets 2-Pats 2.
Old 01-10-2011, 03:19 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by batman911 View Post
Always happy to see opponents over confident.
Yep. Remember the Browns-Patriots game. Nobody thought the Browns had a chance.........Except Mangini and his team. For those N.E. fans with a short memory, the final score was Cleveland 34 New England 14.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.