New York Jets Talk

New York Jets Talk

Notices

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements

Old 12-21-2010, 12:21 PM
Veteran member

Location: Clinton, CT Sarasota, FL, The Villages - July 10, 2009

:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ_Boston View Post
You obviously have not been on TOTV that long

Old 12-21-2010, 01:22 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gongoozler View Post
The Jets . . . dirtest team in football . . . the crap starts with the head coach and flows downhill!

http://blogs.nfl.com/2010/12/12/dolp...y-on-sideline/

That was an isolated incident in an emotional game, which had no bearing on the game. The Jets suspended the coach and he'll likely be fired. They manned up and took action.
Let's go back to 2007. The whiney assed Patriots got caught cheating, denied it and whimpered and complained like a bunch of little girls.
They were ultimately found to be guilty of cheating and punished. Even then, when it was proven that they were cheaters, they cried and complained, bitched and moaned.
Hmmmm, doesn't sound like the Jets are the dirtiest team in football to me.
Old 12-21-2010, 01:39 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedog103 View Post
That was an isolated incident in an emotional game, which had no bearing on the game. The Jets suspended the coach and he'll likely be fired. They manned up and took action.
Let's go back to 2007. The whiney assed Patriots got caught cheating, denied it and whimpered and complained like a bunch of little girls.
They were ultimately found to be guilty of cheating and punished. Even then, when it was proven that they were cheaters, they cried and complained, bitched and moaned.
As a Pats fan we can agree to disagree on that one.

After that incident, Belichick was livid, because it was reported that he had direct evidence that what they did was allowable. Kraft had to talk him off the ledge because he was talking about suing the NFL since his name was sullied. But in the end Kraft prevailed and they took the punishment.

Strange thing how we continued to win even after all that cheating stopped. Brady (Cassel for one season) and Belichick are 50-13 after they had to stop that nasty cheating that gave them such a big advantage.

But I do agree that the recent Jets incident is a lot to do about nothing. Jets will be tough in the playoffs and ARE the team to beat next year.

Last edited by Russ_Boston; 12-21-2010 at 01:54 PM.
Old 12-21-2010, 01:43 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedog103 View Post
What incredible revisionist history! The Pats did anything but whimper and complain, etc! They took their medicine, fines, and lost draft choices and went on to beat everyone in the league that year with the exception of the final game! I guess the taping really made a difference in how well they were able to play, right? 18 - 1 that year, and 33 - 13 since 2008. Yeah, right! Now, Pats fans like me were in fact very disappointed in the taping activity. Doesn't feel good when your team is caught doing something against the rules. But their response to the situation, that year and since, has been admirable.

B.
Old 12-21-2010, 06:02 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandsdavis View Post
What incredible revisionist history! The Pats did anything but whimper and complain, etc! They took their medicine, fines, and lost draft choices and went on to beat everyone in the league that year with the exception of the final game! I guess the taping really made a difference in how well they were able to play, right? 18 - 1 that year, and 33 - 13 since 2008. Yeah, right! Now, Pats fans like me were in fact very disappointed in the taping activity. Doesn't feel good when your team is caught doing something against the rules. But their response to the situation, that year and since, has been admirable.

B.
Calm down dude, I'm just busting your b**** a little. One of my favorite activities is needling Red Sox and Patriot fans. Kind of like you guys do to us. When Super Bowl time comes if you guys are there I'll be a N.E. fan, unless the Giants are there too. In that case it'll be "those blankety blank, whimpering, whining" you get the picture.
All part of the game.
Old 12-22-2010, 08:34 AM
Veteran member

Cool bluedog103. Hard to tell sometimes in written forums if someone is having fun or someone is being stupid. You fall into the first category, happily. BTW, I was a Giants fan growing up before the NFL and AFL merged. Gifford-Tittle-Shofner-Rote days. Still remember those days fondly. But I still wasn't be very happy in Feb 2008!

B.
VideoGate
Old 12-22-2010, 10:29 AM
Sage

Talking VideoGate

A buddy and I were just talking about "video gate" a week ago. There is lots and lots of articles out there and I found this online which is a nice summary.....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2007_Na...ng_controversy

I had forgotten a couple of things.....

Disclaimer: Grew up a Giants fan, been Patriots fan since they started building the stadium (Schaefer) in my hometown of Foxboro, MA

Last edited by ajbrown; 12-22-2010 at 11:25 AM.
Old 12-22-2010, 08:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ_Boston View Post
Jets will be tough in the playoffs and ARE the team to beat next year.
Jets are the team to beat next year? Let's see, the Pat's #1 draft pick Ty Warren (DL) is on IR and comes back next year, their 12 million dollar CB, Bodden comes back from IR, their starting safety McGowan comes back from IR and his replacement, Josh Barrett, whom they received from Denver comes back from IR, two starting offensive linemen (pro-bowlers) come back from IR - Steve Neal and Nick Kaczur plus all the following are on IR and will be with the team next year: Richard (DL), Weston (DL), Deaderick (DL), Lockett (CB), Wilhite (CB), Gostkowski (their pro-bowl kicker), and Faulk (the best 3rd down back over the last 8 years). To go with this the Pat's have two, # 1 draft picks; two, #2 picks; two, #3 picks . . . 6 picks in the top 100! With BB and Brady and all this talent I would not be calling anyone else the "team to beat."
Old 12-23-2010, 08:45 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by gongoozler View Post
Jets are the team to beat next year? Let's see, the Pat's #1 draft pick Ty Warren (DL) is on IR and comes back next year, their 12 million dollar CB, Bodden comes back from IR, their starting safety McGowan comes back from IR and his replacement, Josh Barrett, whom they received from Denver comes back from IR, two starting offensive linemen (pro-bowlers) come back from IR - Steve Neal and Nick Kaczur plus all the following are on IR and will be with the team next year: Richard (DL), Weston (DL), Deaderick (DL), Lockett (CB), Wilhite (CB), Gostkowski (their pro-bowl kicker), and Faulk (the best 3rd down back over the last 8 years). To go with this the Pat's have two, # 1 draft picks; two, #2 picks; two, #3 picks . . . 6 picks in the top 100! With BB and Brady and all this talent I would not be calling anyone else the "team to beat."

Read a previous post about writing with the end game in mind. Do you really think, as a Pats season ticket holder, that I was being sincere?
J-e-t-s
Old 01-09-2011, 04:33 PM
Gold member

Default J-e-t-s

Wow! Great game. I gotta admit that when Indy kicked their last field goal I pretty much gave up. Who would have picked Cromartie and Folk to be the heros?
Now, for the good stuff. New England, here we come. There's no better feeling in sports than to kick the Patriots butts. Now we'll get to do it twice in the same season.
J-E-T-S...JETS-JETS-JETS!

Last edited by bluedog103; 01-09-2011 at 04:35 PM. Reason: Confusing