NFL Draft

Closed Thread
Old 04-22-2020, 10:26 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,035 Times in 2,730 Posts
Default NFL Draft

I always look forward to the NFL draft, but never so much as this year. It seems like it has been forever since something that actually matters is happening in the sports world. I wish is was that we could all be actually watching MLB, the PGA tour, and both the NBA and NHL playoffs like usual this time of year. But at least we get to watch something besides re-runs of old games. I can't believe I am actually looking forward to a virtual draft with no one physically attending. Crazy times indeed.
Old 04-23-2020, 08:22 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

The past two nights I watched replays of the draft on ESPN 2. Last night was the 2014 draft and how Johnny Manziel had to sit and wait like Aaron Rodgers a few years ago, but eventually Cleveland took him and all were happy. If they knew what we know now.

The night before was the 2017 draft and it neat seeing the Chiefs moving up and taking Patrick Mahomes and knowing what he was capable of doing. Especially the Bears who could of had him, but took Mitch Trubisky at #2.

I'm looking forward to tonight, although it would of been great to see the huge crowd at the new Raiders stadium in Vegas.
Old 04-23-2020, 10:29 AM
Sage

Anxiously awaiting the draft as it is the closest thing we have to real life sports being played.

Debate in my immediate family is the Giants take LB Simmons from Clemson, (2 people are sure this is the way to go for the Giants defense).

Or, my point of view is to take an offensive tackle, Willis from Alabama and possibly getting a center in the 2nd round to fix a woeful offensive line and protect Jones and give Barkley some hole to run through.

Of course there is talk the Dolphins will move up and take Simmons or Willis.

We'll see if that happens tonight!

I just want to do the right thing! Uncle Joe, (my hero).
Old 04-23-2020, 03:45 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2BNTV View Post
Anxiously awaiting the draft as it is the closest thing we have to real life sports being played.

Debate in my immediate family is the Giants take LB Simmons from Clemson, (2 people are sure this is the way to go for the Giants defense).

Or, my point of view is to take an offensive tackle, Willis from Alabama and possibly getting a center in the 2nd round to fix a woeful offensive line and protect Jones and give Barkley some hole to run through.

Of course there is talk the Dolphins will move up and take Simmons or Willis.

We'll see if that happens tonight!
Last night watching the 2014 draft. When the Giants came up, Ray Lewis was on the panel, he said, Eli needs some weapons, they need to pick Odell Beckham. Jon Gruden was saying take Zack Martin, he's a great O-lineman. Then the pick came, and it was Odell, like some many others last night, he's no longer with the team. The Ravens first round was linebacker CJ Mosley, and he did play 5 great years for Baltimore, but now he's with the Jets.
Old 04-23-2020, 05:15 PM
Gold member

Traded!!!!
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3064.jpg
Views:	335
Size:	31.1 KB
ID:	83823  
Old 04-24-2020, 11:54 AM
Sage

Giants picked an OT, (Andrew Thomas from Georgia) and hopefully Gettlemen got it right!

I hoping for a center in round 2 at 34 because their next pick is at 99 . There's talk they may trade down from 34 and get a third round pick but I doubt it.

I don't think I will be watching from 35 to 98,

I just want to do the right thing! Uncle Joe, (my hero).
Old 04-24-2020, 12:33 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,343 Times in 519 Posts

NFL version of who wants to be millionaire
Old 04-26-2020, 05:26 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,041 Times in 368 Posts

We were actually tuned in to the draft during the 158 thru 164 picks. OMG.....never thought that would ever happen in my life time.
Old 04-26-2020, 05:46 PM
Platinum member

The Saints draft strategy confounded me, but not as much as their signing Jameis Winston. I think the Saints should be required to subsidize the hiring of additional shoplifting prevention people at all seafood markets and they should pay for concealed carry permits and handgun training for any NOLA women who request it.
Old 04-26-2020, 09:43 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,035 Times in 2,730 Posts

Another predictable draft for Patriots fans. Wait for their first round pick (yes Godell did not take their pick away again this year) to finally get on the clock, and learn once again the pick was traded. So, the next day we get excited because there are several first round graded picks still on the board. The Patriots pick finally comes up and they pick a division two player no one has ever herd of. On a lighter note, when the NFL Network finally showed Bill Belichick’s home office in Nantucket, BB was nowhere to be seen, but his dog was sitting in his chair looking at his computer monitor: )
Old 04-27-2020, 08:47 AM
Sage

The Ravens got just about everyone they wanted without trading away picks, GM Eric DeCosta and coach John Harbaugh did great! During the online Facebook draft party, Ray Lewis and Todd Heap dropped in.

The Villages Florida
Old 04-27-2020, 10:39 AM
Veteran member

From a novice and worse than that an optimist. The Dolphins may be able to make some noise again in a couple years. Big draft this year and pretty loaded up to get a bunch more quality picks in the 2021 draft. Tau alone is a very interesting pick. Could be a monster or a bust. They shored you the O line and D line. But they had so many holes 1 draft is going to fix their issues.

I mean currently they can’t even wear their masks correctly
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	9183C782-AC74-4E11-A362-C5E0B029C2D5.jpg
Views:	311
Size:	70.9 KB
ID:	83862  
Old 04-27-2020, 11:08 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by BS Beef View Post
From a novice and worse than that an optimist. The Dolphins may be able to make some noise again in a couple years. Big draft this year and pretty loaded up to get a bunch more quality picks in the 2021 draft. Tau alone is a very interesting pick. Could be a monster or a bust. They shored you the O line and D line. But they had so many holes 1 draft is going to fix their issues.

I mean currently they can’t even wear their masks correctly
Considering Tua's injury history, I thought Miami should of taken Justin Herbert and the Chargers would of been a better fit with the fan base for Tua.

The Villages Florida
Closed Thread

Tags
draft, nfl, year, forward, time

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.