Sage
Thanked 3,295 Times in 2,044 Posts
Default NFL Football handling rules.

6 things the NFL will do to game-day footballs | www.wsbradio.com

I thought this might be of interest.

Old 09-03-2015, 09:03 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

If this was done from the beginning, we wouldn't have the stupidity that's going on now.

In fact in 2013 before a Patriots / Jets game, an official came into the Patriots equipment room, squeezed a few balls and said they were "too soft". He then proceeded to add air and left without using a gauge on them.

Brady complained to the staff that the balls felt hard so they measured them. Some of the balls were as high as 20 PSI. That's when Brady told his guys to do whatever is necessary to make the balls as soft as possible within the rules. That's when they began rechecking the balls after the referee had certified them.
the refs simply weren't doing their jobs so the equipment guys had to do it for them.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.

Old 09-03-2015, 09:45 AM
Sage

How much better would Goodell look if he had done something like the DR suggests

BTW: Judge nullifies Tom Brady's DeflateGate suspension - SBNation.com

I have yet to read the reason for the decision, but must admit there is a smile on my face thinking of Goodell right now

Tags
interest, undecided, thought, handling, football, rules, nfl

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.