NFL's New Kneeling Policy Poll

View Poll Results: Do you agree with the NFL's new policy on kneeling?
Yes 54 40.91%
No 78 59.09%
Voters: 132. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
Old 05-28-2018, 04:00 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,398 Times in 2,256 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucco View Post
This is a manufactured situation.

The issue of WHY is ignored. The NFL was embarrassed by...let's say INTERNATIONAL attention.....and had to do something due to POLITICAL pressure. The repercussions from their actions will be worse.

In San Francisco, all concession stands will now be closed during the anthem. We are getting close to mandatory patriotism, and world history does not treat those actions well. It is not our country for sure.
There's plenty of blame to go around. The players could have framed their protest in a better way. They chose to in all intents and purposes to boycott the National Anthem. That obviously didn't sit well with a good part of the football audience. Now the owners are backpeddeling trying to save viewership and advertiser revenue.

If the WHY is being ignored maybe they need to present their cause in a better way. You're not going to further your cause by ****ing off your intended audience.

We've Got Plenty Of Youth.. What We Need Is a Fountain Of SMART!
Old 05-28-2018, 04:07 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by eweissenbach View Post
AWESOME!
Old 05-28-2018, 04:13 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,244 Times in 707 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenswing View Post
There's plenty of blame to go around. The players could have framed their protest in a better way. They chose to in all intents and purposes to boycott the National Anthem. That obviously didn't sit well with a good part of the football audience. Now the owners are backpeddeling trying to save viewership and advertiser revenue.

If the WHY is being ignored maybe they need to present their cause in a better way. You're not going to further your cause by ****ing off your intended audience.
Not going to challenge you because I am not sure but..can you supply any back up outside of anecdotal to support that a "good part of the football audience" objected, and any links etc should be prior to this being inserted into the political arena.
Old 05-28-2018, 04:21 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,398 Times in 2,256 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucco View Post
Not going to challenge you because I am not sure but..can you supply any back up outside of anecdotal to support that a "good part of the football audience" objected, and any links etc should be prior to this being inserted into the political arena.
I guess I could have used Americans instead of football audience. Poll: 53 percent of Americans say it’s ‘never appropriate’ to kneel during the national anthem - The Washington Post

But this article does state that 50% of people who are watching less football is because of the protests.
NFL ratings down due to anthem protests: survey - Washington Times

We've Got Plenty Of Youth.. What We Need Is a Fountain Of SMART!
Old 05-28-2018, 04:27 PM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to eweissenbach

Quote:

Now this is a fair and cogent argument.
Old 05-28-2018, 04:44 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:
I guess I could have used Americans instead of football audience. Poll: 53 percent of Americans say it’s ‘never appropriate’ to kneel during the national anthem - The Washington Post

But this article does state that 50% of people who are watching less football is because of the protests.
CNN poll: Americans split on anthem protests - CNNPolitics
Quote:

Overall, 49% say the protesting players are doing the wrong thing to express their political opinion when they kneel during the National Anthem, while 43% say it's the right thing. Those views are sharply divided by race, partisanship and age.

Among whites, 59% say the players are doing the wrong thing while 82% of blacks say it's the right thing to do.

Almost 9 in 10 Republicans say it's the wrong thing (87%) while just about three-quarters of Democrats say the opposite (72%). And most younger Americans call it the right thing (56% among those under age 45) while a majority of older Americans say it's wrong (59% among those age 45 or older).
Since kneeling, in spite of attempts to distract/divert/obfuscate otherwise, started as a protest of the unfair treatment of people of color...which demographic should count more and carry more weight?

Facts matter.
Old 05-28-2018, 04:44 PM
Sage

Quote:

Ok, but those polls were taken recently. I mentioned I was interested in prior to the onset of POTUS daily comments, which I think were maybe last September.

Up to that date, and I am close but will accept valid changes...I think 9 or 10 players had protested in total. The first Sunday after the daiyl assaults, over 200 knelt.

The weight of the POTUS comments worldwide, is and always has been dramatic. Measured words have usually been a par for the job.
Old 05-28-2018, 04:50 PM
Sage

Quote:

The first player to sit/kneel explained his reason immediately, and remember he and a few others were the only ones UNTIL it was made political.

When it was made political, it was turned around and the reason was NEVER discussed.

Colin Kaepernick explains why he sat during national anthem - NFL.com
Old 05-28-2018, 05:01 PM
TOTV Moderator

The topic of this poll and thread is whether you agree or disagree with the NFL’s new policy on protests during the National Anthem. A moderator comment was inserted previously requesting posters to stay on that topic. Unfortunately, that warning has not been heeded. This thread is now closed.

Closed Thread

Tags
agree, kneeling, nfls, policy, poll

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.