NFL's New Kneeling Policy Poll

View Poll Results: Do you agree with the NFL's new policy on kneeling?
Yes 54 40.91%
No 78 59.09%
Voters: 132. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
Old 05-25-2018, 12:44 PM
Administrator
Default NFL's New Kneeling Policy Poll

Do you agree with the new NFL's policy on kneeling?
Old 05-26-2018, 06:01 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

I disagree with the NFL's new policy based on my belief, that the NFL should be at the forefront of bringing to light the REAL REASON for the kneeling and not kowtowing to pressure from those who are trying to change the narrative to one of 'patriotism'...which it is most certainly NOT.

Particularly since there is no effort to stop concession sales and many other sanctioned actions occurring during the anthem...without comment or faux outrage.

Can someone please explain THAT flaming hypocrisy to me?

I can't help but wonder, how many who are saying they also disagree are doing so...because they don't think the rule goes far enough?

Maybe when this poll plays out, a new poll giving a few choices on the reasons for disagreeing with the rule...can be started?
Old 05-26-2018, 07:24 AM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to l2ridehd

I can not agree or disagree. I think these players who are paid enormous sums of money, should shows leadership. So I do not want them to kneel during our national anthem. I don't think they should be allowed to skip it by staying in the locker room. They get the privilege to play and get paid the way they do because of those who gave so much to this country. And by kneeling they show disrespect to those who gave.

On the other hand they deserve to have free speech just like everyone else.

I don't support what they do and believe they should find a different venue and time to express their views. So I chose not to watch or support the sponsors who buy their time to allow it.

There is a time and place for everything. Protesting as they do is the wrong time and the wrong place.
Old 05-26-2018, 08:17 AM
Default Priceless

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOTV Team View Post
Do you agree with the new NFL's policy on kneeling?
Priceless💛💛💛
I stand so that you can kneel:
by Andrew Freborg
I stand to honor the promise the flag represents.
You kneel because that promise has been broken.
I stand to affirm my belief that all are created equal, and to fight alongside you for that promise.
You kneel because too few stand with you.
I stand because we can be better.
You kneel to remind us to be better.
I stand to honor all that have fought and died so that we may be free.
You kneel because not all of us are.
I stand because I can.
You kneel for those who can't.
I stand to defend your right to kneel.
You kneel to defend my right to stand.
I stand because I love this country.
You kneel because you love it too.
Old 05-26-2018, 09:05 AM

The ONLY poll that matters is viewer$hip. The new policy was a result of the 10% drop in ratings. Nothing more, nothing less.
Old 05-26-2018, 10:00 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timothy View Post
The ONLY poll that matters is viewer$hip. The new policy was a result of the 10% drop in ratings. Nothing more, nothing less.
Ummm...nope.

Viewership was already going down...before the kneeling issue came about.

Albeit, last year it was down a little more than the previous year.

NFL viewership takes heavy hit again in 2017

Quote:
Viewership for NFL broadcasts during the regular season dipped once again in 2017 --- and by a larger percentage than last year.

The average audience across the NFL's broadcast partners --- CBS, Fox, NBC, ESPN and NFL Network --- dropped 10%, according to data provided to USA TODAY Sports. While 33 of the top 50 TV programs since Week 1 in September were NFL games, this season's decline follows an 8% decline in 2016.

Facts matter.
Old 05-27-2018, 04:56 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cynjim View Post
Priceless💛💛💛
by Andrew Freborg
I stand to affirm my belief that all are created equal, and to fight alongside you for that promise.
I stand because I can.
Let's hope that everyone reads this AND understands.
Old 05-27-2018, 06:48 AM

I didn't watch a game all of last season and it appears that I won't be watching this upcoming season either. They're shooting themselves in the foot - or even better - their knee!
Old 05-27-2018, 06:59 AM
Gold member
Send a message via AIM to rjn5656
Default Kneeling

No, I am not in favor of the new policy.
Players are employees, and they represent the companies they work for. There should be standards that the employers require i.e. standing for the national anthem

What they do on their time is fine, but what they do on their employers time is not.

I will continue to not watch any more football games. I haven't missed it.

My biggest issue is the NFL and the employers didn't deal with this head on right from the start.
Old 05-27-2018, 07:20 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjn5656 View Post
Players are employees, and they represent the companies they work for. There should be standards that the employers require i.e. standing for the national anthem

What they do on their time is fine, but what they do on their employers time is not.

My biggest issue is the NFL and the employers didn't deal with this head on right from the start.
Very well stated.
Old 05-27-2018, 08:14 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,295 Times in 2,044 Posts

The NFL players are entertainers and star athletes. They should be using their positions to better society. And since racism is still a profound problem in our US, they are in a great position to make a difference. And many NFL players are African-American and would have faced this racism first hand.

The US flag represents what Martin Luther King, Jr., fought for as there are promises made by the Founding Fathers to future Americans. The Bill of Rights contains those.
Old 05-27-2018, 09:07 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,244 Times in 707 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taltarzac725 View Post
The NFL players are entertainers and star athletes. They should be using their positions to better society. And since racism is still a profound problem in our US, they are in a great position to make a difference. And many NFL players are African-American and would have faced this racism first hand.

The US flag represents what Martin Luther King, Jr., fought for as there are promises made by the Founding Fathers to future Americans. The Bill of Rights contains those.
I understand those who oppose kneeling during the anthem, and I do not like it much myself.

However, it would better serve this country (which is what these folks maintain) if we strove to respect the values and meaning of the flag. I am not sure that those who condemn those who kneel actually understand the true meaning of the flag of our country and what it stands for.

If we did that first and demanded honesty and values from our leaders, there would be no need for such a demonstration.

Memorial day is a time, for me, to recall all the very good friends lost defending NOT the flag itself, but the principles it stands for.
Old 05-27-2018, 09:12 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cynjim View Post
Priceless💛💛💛
by Andrew Freborg
I stand because I can.
Profound !
Old 05-27-2018, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjn5656 View Post

Agree. I don’t watch NFL football because of this issue. College football is much more entertaining and you don’t have to deal with the politics.
Old 05-27-2018, 09:56 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taltarzac725 View Post

I am happy to see that your view has evolved since the first day this issue was HOT last year.

People are going to feel and believe and speak and act and type whatever they wish about this issue. More power to them.

I wish the Political Forum was open so these subjects could be fully explored without tiptoeing around the Forum Rules.

I remember being taught to STAND AND SALUTE THE FLAG in kindergarten. No one would have dared to take a knee in class then or at a professional sporting event. No Way. The question is what changed and what gives a Professional Athlete the option of deciding which way to go in public? When they are on the clock they are not paid to think about anything except the sport they are paid to entertain us playing in.

Riddle me this???? Why no display's of disrespect (My Opinion) No Link. For Baseball, Basketball, Soccer, Field Hockey, The Olympic's etc? Makes you wonder why just Football doesn't it??

I wish one of the Yankees tried this when George Steinbrenner was alive. Think there was a reason he was called "The Boss"?
Closed Thread

Tags
agree, kneeling, nfls, policy, poll

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.