NFL's New Kneeling Policy Poll

View Poll Results: Do you agree with the NFL's new policy on kneeling?
Yes 54 40.91%
No 78 59.09%
Voters: 132. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
Old 05-28-2018, 01:58 PM

This poem says it all.
Old 05-28-2018, 02:07 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjn5656 View Post
No, I am not in favor of the new policy.
Players are employees, and they represent the companies they work for. There should be standards that the employers require i.e. standing for the national anthem

What they do on their time is fine, but what they do on their employers time is not.

I will continue to not watch any more football games. I haven't missed it.

My biggest issue is the NFL and the employers didn't deal with this head on right from the start.
I agree 100% the field at a game is a workplace and demonstrations of any kind by employees have no place .
Let them protest at a downtown site on their day off which is every Tuesday .
Also notice that none of the players who have been active participants in the " protests "have shown a willingness to donate any of their money and time to help solve the issues which they are so emotional about .

Frankly most of them are just very poorly educated mounds of flesh who can barely memorize their assignments for the teams set plays .
I was a season ticket holder for about 10 years and attended 2 Super Bowls . Down here I subscribed to the NFL Sunday Ticket .
However once the foolishness began I cancelled the Sunday Ticket and refused to watch another game . Didn't`t watch a minute of the Super Bowl either . Doubt very much that I will ever return . No more money of mine for Thugs .

Last edited by Buffalo Jim; 05-28-2018 at 02:08 PM. Reason: clarity
Old 05-28-2018, 02:17 PM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to eweissenbach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalo Jim View Post
I agree 100% the field at a game is a workplace and demonstrations of any kind by employees have no place .
Let them protest at a downtown site on their day off which is every Tuesday .
Also notice that none of the players who have been active participants in the " protests "have shown a willingness to donate any of their money and time to help solve the issues which they are so emotional about .
Frankly most of them are just very poorly educated mounds of flesh who can barely memorize their assignments for the teams set plays .
Well I am aware that at least Mr. kaepernick has actually donated over a million dollars to local groups that benefit the underprivileged. I am sure that is a pittance compared to what you have contributed to such causes. Thank you for your enlightened and compassionate post.
Old 05-28-2018, 02:20 PM

I may disagree vehemently with someone's belief, but I will absolutely defend their right to express it--but NOT in the workplace without the permission of his employer. These players are not entitled to violate their employer's conduct policy while they are on the job site. Each of these players represents hias employer's brand--and their own personal brand. What advertiser wants to pay a player big bucks if that player won't represent the advertiser so as to increase the advertiser's revenue and profits?

Compare this, for example, to the PGA Tour Champions Tour. These players, past their best competitive days, are instructed as soon as they join that tour concerning their conduct. They must be pleasant, sign autographs after playing and play in the pro-ams (which are usually a pain in the butt for them). This enhances the Tour's brand as well as the brand of each player, who is a "walking billboard" for his advertisers. Being a non-controversial "nice guy" also gets them outings. These Monday outings pay them thousands of dollars to just play golf--something they were gonna do that day anyway.

I don't watch NFL--even the Super Bowl--anymore. I also avoid buying products from Wells Fargo and Campbell's. These two companies--and others--made advertising decisions at the corporate level. Their bet was that these particular ads would bring in more customers than they would alienate by these ads. Make no mistake. They were not taking expressing a social position--as they would have you believe. It was a business decision--and they lost money because of it. That's why these ads quickly became conspicuous in their absence.

In the same way, the NFL--owned by the team owners--has made a business, not a social decision, and they're losing. It's as simple as that.
Old 05-28-2018, 02:26 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by eweissenbach View Post
Well I am aware that at least Mr. kaepernick has actually donated over a million dollars to local groups that benefit the underprivileged. I am sure that is a pittance compared to what you have contributed to such causes. Thank you for your enlightened and compassionate post.
I like your posts but have a question. Did he make these donations before or after he kneeled? I did not Google to investigate. I'll take your answer as fact without a link. I don't think its come to that, where I can't choose to trust someones answer to a simple question. Thank's.
Old 05-28-2018, 02:29 PM

I agree i will not be watching a single game.I hope they lose 40% over last year they discuss me.
Old 05-28-2018, 02:32 PM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to l2ridehd

I do believe your employer has the right to tell you what you can and can't do during the time he is paying you. And they are being paid on Sunday.

Mine used to tell me I had to wear a suit, white shirt and tie every day. They told me what time to arrive and when I could go home. And I am sure if I wanted to march, protest, or do some other personal choice activity I would of had to take time off to do it.

So if the NFL or team manager or owner says to stand during the national anthem then they better stand.

And yes I do agree they are forcing the issue because revenue is down and there loyal fans are going away. But it a business and it has a boss. And if you want to work there then follow his or her direction.
Old 05-28-2018, 02:38 PM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to eweissenbach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucky View Post
I like your posts but have a question. Did he make these donations before or after he kneeled? I did not Google to investigate. I'll take your answer as fact without a link. I don't think its come to that, where I can't choose to trust someones answer to a simple question. Thank's.
Here ya go. Colin Kaepernick'''s million dollar pledge is complete | SI.com
Old 05-28-2018, 02:39 PM
Gold member

[QUOTE=Buffalo Jim;1548156[SIZE="5"]]I agree 100% the field at a game is a workplace and demonstrations of any kind by employees have no place .[/SIZE]

So if you were forced to stand every single morning at work for the National Anthem, you would have no problem at all, right? Do you understand the difference between a democracy and a dictatorship? Under HItler, Germans were forced to stand. Sieg Heil!
Old 05-28-2018, 02:44 PM
Gold member

[QUOTE=l2ridehd;1548177[SIZE="7"]]I do believe your employer has the right to tell you what you can and can't do during the time he is paying you. [/SIZE]And they are being paid on Sunday.

Let me tell you about the Triangle Shirtwaist Factory. Women were employed as seamstresses. They couldn't go on a bathroom break at all. The doors were locked and chained behind them. And then a fire broke out and killed them all. This was the beginning of unions, and people realizing the employer does NOT have the right all the time, and it's dangerous to assume they do have that right. Triangle Shirtwaist Factory Fire - Facts & Summary - HISTORY.com
Old 05-28-2018, 02:46 PM

Kneeling not much different than burning the flag. It is disrespect and nothing more.If a player wants to be disrespectful of the national anthem then get off the field and into the stands or on a street corner,facebook,twitter.
Old 05-28-2018, 02:47 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucky View Post
You might be interested in this article, Nucky. It lists charity donations of NFL team by team. You can click on each team to learn more. This was 2017.
Here’s how NFL players are making an impact off the football field - SBNation.com
Old 05-28-2018, 02:52 PM
Thumbs down U got to be kidding me

Agree with Skunky 1 Kneeling not much different than burning the flag. It is disrespect to our nation and nothing more. If a player wants to be disrespectful of the national anthem then get off the field and into the stands or on a street corner where you belong

Served 33yrs USAF Marc O
Old 05-28-2018, 02:58 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,244 Times in 707 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance View Post
You might be interested in this article, Nucky. It lists charity donations of NFL team by team. You can click on each team to learn more. This was 2017.
Here’s how NFL players are making an impact off the football field - SBNation.com
In addition to what the various legitimate foundations do and have been doing for many years...

Economic & Social Impact | NFL Football Operations
Old 05-28-2018, 03:00 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,395 Times in 2,255 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mellincf View Post

So if you were forced to stand every single morning at work for the National Anthem, you would have no problem at all, right? Do you understand the difference between a democracy and a dictatorship? Under HItler, Germans were forced to stand. Sieg Heil!
If you don't like the policies that your employer sets forth, providing they are legal, you are more than free to seek employment elsewhere. Nobody is being forced.

Where would you ever get the idea that a workplace is a democracy?

We've Got Plenty Of Youth.. What We Need Is a Fountain Of SMART!

Last edited by Kenswing; 05-28-2018 at 03:08 PM.
Closed Thread

Tags
agree, kneeling, nfls, policy, poll

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.