NFL's New Kneeling Policy Poll

View Poll Results: Do you agree with the NFL's new policy on kneeling?
Yes 54 40.91%
No 78 59.09%
Voters: 132. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
Old 05-28-2018, 03:07 PM
Veteran member
Default I agree

I agree not because I disagree with some players' beliefs, I agree because a pro-football game is neither the place nor the time to express you own political views. This should not be a left/right issue, it's about appropriateness.
Old 05-28-2018, 03:15 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

The timeline of the Sitting, Kneeling, The Donation Starting thing is what intrigues me. Everyone wants to follow the money so he sat unnoticed 8/14/2016 then the crying about sitting and kneeling started. Hope its accurate so far. Then the Drive for A Million starts 10/2016. Good, or off base? If the contributions started before the kneeling then maybe its time to re group. If the Money started flowing after the Knee hit the ground lets go to the instant replay and call this a big pile of what it is. Bull***t.

I just want to watch football again this year. Lock them in the bathroom like in The Bronx Tale. Enough already.

Mrs. Nucky read and showed me Jehovah's Witnesses don't salute the flag and The Amish don't stand for The Anthem. Archie Bunker was correct the world is Going To Hell. I'm going to the pool. Later. You guys have to solve this one without me. I surrender.
Old 05-28-2018, 03:18 PM

Haven't watched for years. My team is already maligned for its name, for which I have no problem. These guys are paid too much, the tickets are outrageous, I can get my team most times on the tv without paying extra. So, who cares. Not me. The owners don't care either unless they are not making money. When the owners start losing real money and cities stop letting themselves be taken over the coals. Then maybe there will be change. Money talks.
Old 05-28-2018, 03:28 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,244 Times in 707 Posts

Just a few comments if I may...

1. I do not like the kneeling for the anthem, but I get it and understand it. When the Tea Party was disrespecting the flag, I made it my business to understand actually burying and burning the flag or flying it upside down

2. No conversations on the WHY of the reason for the kneeling, which is amazing.

3. Those who call this "political" have a good point. That was the intent from the get go, not by the players by the way and that has succeeded.

4. I attach a link which allows the story of the time when during the Vietnam when NINE MILLION saw active duty and nobody ever said "thank you for your service", but now with less than 2 percent serving we have this.

While people were demonstrating in the streets the NFL stepped up efforts for the country "Pete Rozelle, inaugurated the Super Bowl in 1967, and with it launched “a conscious effort on our part to bring the element of patriotism” into the game, as he put it. The flyover and “salute to America” was born". There was a dark side and it is covered. Point is we seem to have short and convenient memories, and yes.....it is because of politics. We were told early on that social unrest was the core.

The roots of the NFL’s national anthem controversy stretch to the 1960s and Vietnam - The Washington Post

We just never seem to learn. In my opinion, the flag is being used, but not by the players.

It is sad to have these discussions on Memorial Day frankly. No discussions of WHAT people died for....WHAT protests are about....WHAT the flag really stands for...itis just sad to me.
Old 05-28-2018, 03:31 PM

In my lexicon, kneeling is more reverential than standing.
Old 05-28-2018, 03:31 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Let's see now, so far some have tried to divert the REAL reason for kneeling, which is to shine a light on prejudice, racism and police brutality toward those of color... into:

1. False anti-patriotism directed against the athletes, while totally ignoring the continued food sales, fans who ignore the anthem, those at home getting their snacks, using the bathroom, etc., etc....while proclaiming their own 'ultra-patriotism.'

2. It's actually governed by work rules and therefore the athletes should do what the owners want, except of course those owners who actually have empathy and agree with those shining the light on racism, bigotry and police brutality...in which case those owners should have their teams taken away from them.

Sorry folks, as hard as you try with diversions and obfuscations...you can't change the TRUTH.

And why is it, that the most outspoken toward the (choose one: 1. Pampered (black) athletes. 2. 'Hood rats.' 3. Hypocritical black millionaires. 4. Make up your own coded bigoted/racist description) are almost totally moot...when it comes to the reason for the kneeling in the first place?

Never mind...intelligent folks know why.

FACTS MATTER.

Last edited by ColdNoMore; 05-28-2018 at 03:36 PM.
Old 05-28-2018, 03:36 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucky View Post
The timeline of the Sitting, Kneeling, The Donation Starting thing is what intrigues me. Everyone wants to follow the money so he sat unnoticed 8/14/2016 then the crying about sitting and kneeling started. Hope its accurate so far. Then the Drive for A Million starts 10/2016. Good, or off base? If the contributions started before the kneeling then maybe its time to re group. If the Money started flowing after the Knee hit the ground lets go to the instant replay and call this a big pile of what it is. Bull***t.

I just want to watch football again this year. Lock them in the bathroom like in The Bronx Tale. Enough already.

Mrs. Nucky read and showed me Jehovah's Witnesses don't salute the flag and The Amish don't stand for The Anthem. Archie Bunker was correct the world is Going To Hell. I'm going to the pool. Later. You guys have to solve this one without me. I surrender.
Mrs Nucky was accurate, and this policy will or could be more embarrassing as the possibility of very few players even on the field when the anthem is played is real. Then, I guess we pan the stands and start a contreversary with fans not being whatever somebody wants them to be.

We have completely lost touch of what is patriotism, and what is respect, etc.
Old 05-28-2018, 03:38 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,395 Times in 2,255 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdNoMore View Post
Let's see now, so far some have tried to divert the REAL reason for kneeling, which is to shine a light on prejudice, racism and police brutality toward those of color... into:

1. False anti-patriotism directed against the athletes, while totally ignoring the continued food sales, fans who ignore the anthem, those at home getting their snacks, using the bathroom, etc., etc....while proclaiming their own 'ultra-patriotism.'

2. It's actually governed by work rules and therefore the athletes should do what the owners want, except of course those owners who actually have empathy and agree with those shining the light on racism, bigotry and police brutality...in which case those owners should have their teams taken away from them.

Sorry folks, as hard as you try with diversions and obfuscations...you can't change the TRUTH.

And why is it, that the most outspoken toward the (choose one: 1. Pampered (black) athletes. 2. 'Hood rats.' 3. Hypocritical black millionaires. 4. Make up your own coded bigoted/racist description) are almost totally moot...when it comes to the reason for the kneeling in the first place?

Never mind...intelligent folks know why.

FACTS MATTER.
In other words anyone that doesn't agree with you must be wrong? Got it.

We've Got Plenty Of Youth.. What We Need Is a Fountain Of SMART!
Old 05-28-2018, 03:43 PM
Location: Born and raised NYC raised the family on Long island, Now living the life

I truly believe on your own time you can do as you please. On company time when you are being paid, there are certain rules and policies, every company has in effect. This is an NFL policy.
Old 05-28-2018, 03:45 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucco View Post
Just a few comments if I may...

1. I do not like the kneeling for the anthem, but I get it and understand it. When the Tea Party was disrespecting the flag, I made it my business to understand actually burying and burning the flag or flying it upside down

2. No conversations on the WHY of the reason for the kneeling, which is amazing.

3. Those who call this "political" have a good point. That was the intent from the get go, not by the players by the way and that has succeeded.

4. I attach a link which allows the story of the time when during the Vietnam when NINE MILLION saw active duty and nobody ever said "thank you for your service", but now with less than 2 percent serving we have this.

While people were demonstrating in the streets the NFL stepped up efforts for the country "Pete Rozelle, inaugurated the Super Bowl in 1967, and with it launched “a conscious effort on our part to bring the element of patriotism” into the game, as he put it. The flyover and “salute to America” was born". There was a dark side and it is covered. Point is we seem to have short and convenient memories, and yes.....it is because of politics. We were told early on that social unrest was the core.

The roots of the NFL’s national anthem controversy stretch to the 1960s and Vietnam - The Washington Post

We just never seem to learn. In my opinion, the flag is being used, but not by the players.

It is sad to have these discussions on Memorial Day frankly. No discussions of WHAT people died for....WHAT protests are about....WHAT the flag really stands for...itis just sad to me.

YEP!
Old 05-28-2018, 03:47 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,395 Times in 2,255 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdNoMore View Post
YEP!
This thread is about the kneeling policy. Not about the reason for the protests..

Facts Matter..

We've Got Plenty Of Youth.. What We Need Is a Fountain Of SMART!
Old 05-28-2018, 03:50 PM
Location: Chicago area but spend a month every year in The Villages

I think if the NFL had just done nothing, everything would have worked out just fine. I think the issue would have been pretty much over on its own, but now the NFL has inserted itself for only one reason. - MONEY!
Old 05-28-2018, 03:52 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenswing View Post
In other words anyone that doesn't agree with you must be wrong? Got it.
This is a manufactured situation.

The issue of WHY is ignored. The NFL was embarrassed by...let's say INTERNATIONAL attention.....and had to do something due to POLITICAL pressure. The repercussions from their actions will be worse.

In San Francisco, all concession stands will now be closed during the anthem. We are getting close to mandatory patriotism, and world history does not treat those actions well. It is not our country for sure.
Old 05-28-2018, 03:54 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryKoca View Post
I think if the NFL had just done nothing, everything would have worked out just fine. I think the issue would have been pretty much over on its own, but now the NFL has inserted itself for only one reason. - MONEY!
I agreed with everything you said until your comment about money. This is politics....all rich business men with interests they are not going to screw with
Old 05-28-2018, 03:57 PM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to eweissenbach

image-jpg

Tags
agree, kneeling, nfls, policy, poll

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.