NFL'S New Policy Regarding National Anthem

Closed Thread
Old 05-26-2018, 06:29 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Default Ohiobuckeye

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomwed View Post
I think the game will fade away.
The game will fade away, you talking about football, you're dreaming. I do agree but the only way that'll happen is if people quit going to NFL games.
Old 05-26-2018, 06:32 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

With the latest Supreme's ruling on allowing state gambling...the NFL will become bigger than ever.
Old 05-26-2018, 06:40 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,295 Times in 2,044 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdNoMore View Post
With the latest Supreme's ruling on allowing state gambling...the NFL will become bigger than ever.
More than likely ColdNoMore.
Old 05-26-2018, 06:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2BNTV View Post
At first, I was happy the NFL made it mandatory for all players to stand for the national anthem.

On closer review, they said the players could stay in the locker room if they decided to not stand for the anthem. If the players are on the field and don't stand for the anthem, their respective teams will be fined and not the players themselves.

This seems to me to be a wishy washy policy as they are trying to appease everyone. The general public and the players both.

All players should stand for the anthem. IMHO

Just a weak attempt to protect the owners bottom line as their revenues and viewing audience declined.

For the owners, it's always been and always will be about the money.

Fining fining the owner of any business for the actions of an employee is just dopey. Is McDonald's responsible when some stupid employee disses a cop? Besides, why would fining someone, even a big fine, change the behavior of somebody else. The answer is a boycott. Do not to watch, buy their stuff or go to the games.
Old 05-26-2018, 06:59 AM
Sage

Sad but most likely true. Wonder how long sportbook comes to Florida.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdNoMore View Post
Old 05-26-2018, 07:21 AM
Default Do what the boss wants

The players are employed by, and represent, the owners when they are “on company time.” I believe that’s why the league fined the owners. I’ve never worked for, or even know of, an employer that would allow an employee to intentionally offend even one customer. The NFL is the first. Imagine what would happen if a Walmart greeter handed out religious pamphlets or your waiter/waitress espoused their grievances to you while taking your order or serving dinner. This isn’t a freedom of speech issue. It’s a employer/employee rights issue that could possibly change the way all businesses operate.
Old 05-26-2018, 07:45 AM
Send a message via Yahoo to cmb1951

NFL solution to this problem not acceptable. Let those players go to another country to play pro ball and see how much they make there with no big fat paychecks...
Closed Thread

Tags
players, anthem, stand, owners, national

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.