Phil vs Carolina National Anthem a No-Show

Closed Thread
Old 10-13-2017, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGVillages View Post
Our media has chosen to suppress our ability to even watch the National Anthem tonight (Thu Night FB) by heading to a commercial just prior and returning to air for kick-off. Thought I would tune in for a few minutes to see what what would happen but the powers to be at CBS and the NFL decided not to air the anthem, mistakenly believing this would help deflate this controversy, by not allowing viewers to decide on their own. Just adding more fuel to the fire. Tuned out at kick-off!
Too bad you had to miss a good game by not understanding what the issue is all about.
Old 10-13-2017, 12:00 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by swooner View Post
Too bad you had to miss a good game by not understanding what the issue is all about.
They don't want to know what the actual issue is. Ignorance is bliss!
Old 10-13-2017, 12:42 PM
Gold member

Wether the media telecasts the national anthem or not is not the issue as far as I am concerned.
I take issue with NFL players taking the knee during our national anthem to protest a cause they wish to promote.
They have every right to protest, but I firmly believe it should not be while they are at work.
And it is not what the fans are paying to watch.
Apparently I and a lot of other Americans find their actions, improper and disrespectful.
And I and millions of others are exercising our right to protest, by withdrawal of viewership and purchase of sponsors products.
Old 10-13-2017, 01:13 PM
Gold member
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by simpkinp View Post
Good for you! I stand and hold my hand over my heart. We are so blessed to be in this wonderful country. Thank you. I am boycotting the NFL entirely. I found out I don’t miss it. I am really enjoying College Football. I have always been a college fan, but much more now. At least they have the co7rage to enforce school and team rules. Let the felons have Sunday.
Referring to the players as felons is a racist comment.

"Don't curse the darkness when you can light a candle"
Old 10-13-2017, 01:45 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleDog View Post
Referring to the players as felons is a racist comment.
Really? Since there are many races in the NFL, it almost sounds like your retort is more racist to me.
Old 10-13-2017, 01:47 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,743 Times in 1,383 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polar Bear View Post
Really? Since there are many races in the NFL, it almost sounds like your retort is more racist to me.
Bee-eye-en-gee-ohhhh.............
Old 10-13-2017, 02:34 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmertl View Post
They don't want to know what the actual issue is. Ignorance is bliss!
So please inform me in detail of exactly what the actual issue is, in your opinion.
Old 10-13-2017, 03:19 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

No one is suppressing anyone's ability to see anything. The networks have right to show whatever they want and not show whatever they don't want to.

You don't have any right to see the anthem the same as you don't have any right to see what goes on in the locker room at halftime. You have a right to see what they decide to air.

I have mixed feelings about this. It might just be a good thing as they're not giving these protesting players the attention that they're looking for. I think that by ignoring these idiots the behavior will eventually stop.

I've decided that I'm not going to let a handful of morons ruin what is always for me, an enjoyable Sunday afternoon. While I understand people to want to protest by not tuning in, in a way they are letting the players win. They are allowing them to affect their lives.

It's up to everyone to decide what they want to do about this, but as for me, I look forward to and enjoy watching The Patriots games and I'm not going to allow a small number of players take that away from me.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 10-13-2017, 03:26 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,301 Times in 2,369 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonH57 View Post
My guess is most major networks use the time the anthem's played to run commercials to make money. It's been done for years. Old news.
I agree.
Old 10-13-2017, 03:30 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredster View Post
Wether the media telecasts the national anthem or not is not the issue as far as I am concerned.
I take issue with NFL players taking the knee during our national anthem to protest a cause they wish to promote.
They have every right to protest, but I firmly believe it should not be while they are at work.
And it is not what the fans are paying to watch.
Apparently I and a lot of other Americans find their actions, improper and disrespectful.
And I and millions of others are exercising our right to protest, by withdrawal of viewership and purchase of sponsors products.
It may not be the issue to you, but it is the premise of this thread and a terribly made up premise at that.

I think the NFL is a private business and should be allowed to deal with it on their own. I also do not believe they should be called names by anybody.

DWIGHT EISENHOWER (1890-1969)
The qualities of a great man are "vision, integrity, courage, understanding, the power of articulation, and profundity of character."
Old 10-13-2017, 03:41 PM

I believe they all were standing yesterday but many on both sides had their fists in the air as the anthem played. I am not sure but I think that is the symbol for black power and it is still disrespectful to do it during the national anthem.
Old 10-13-2017, 03:53 PM
Gold member

[QUOTE=Rockyrd;1461256]It may not be the issue to you, but it is the premise of this thread and a terribly made up premise at that.

I think the NFL is a private business and should be allowed to deal with it on their own. I also do not believe they should be called names by anybody.[/QUOTE

Yes the NFL is a business, an entertainment business,
but since they have allowed social protests at their events,
during the playing of our national anthem,
they have exposed thenselves to both criticism and praise!

You are quoting my post and I have not called anyone names.
It seems you have a grudge against someone,
but please air it on the political forum.
Old 10-13-2017, 04:41 PM
Veteran member
Default Athletes

[QUOTE=karostay;1461050]I don't support any sport ending with the word ball
Unless it's college' minor league ,little league ect ect

I only support and watch only golf, tennis,horseshoes bowling and few others
These folks have to earn the're money earn the're ranking week after week year after year or go home...

No pot of cash waiting if they loose . In the majors few fumbles few missed fly balls few missed 3 pointers you're still a millionair.

Miss a few putts,couple of gutter balls.couple of balls outta bounds then see who gets paid.

Yes some have large endorsements ..They earned it
It's not handed to them

Un like these contract millionaires

Briefly, as a former prof, I will assure you, these irresponsible ball jockeys learned all of this in High School and in College, count on it. They were coddled and babied all along. OJ the murderer, was grabbed in High School and entered into USC, a University with very high entrance requirements, all standards were waived, just like that.
People have seen first hand, he could hardly write his name or a simple sentence correctly.
Old 10-13-2017, 05:14 PM

You did the best thing that you could have done. (Not watch it). I haven't watched an NFL game all year and do not intend to until they stop disrespecting our anthem and flag.

QUOTE=JGVillages;1460902]Our media has chosen to suppress our ability to even watch the National Anthem tonight (Thu Night FB) by heading to a commercial just prior and returning to air for kick-off. Thought I would tune in for a few minutes to see what what would happen but the powers to be at CBS and the NFL decided not to air the anthem, mistakenly believing this would help deflate this controversy, by not allowing viewers to decide on their own. Just adding more fuel to the fire. Tuned out at kick-off![/QUOTE]
Old 10-13-2017, 05:22 PM
Sage

[QUOTE=Fredster;1461271]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockyrd View Post
It may not be the issue to you, but it is the premise of this thread and a terribly made up premise at that.

I think the NFL is a private business and should be allowed to deal with it on their own. I also do not believe they should be called names by anybody.[/QUOTE

Yes the NFL is a business, an entertainment business,
but since they have allowed social protests at their events,
during the playing of our national anthem,
they have exposed thenselves to both criticism and praise!

You are quoting my post and I have not called anyone names.
It seems you have a grudge against someone,
but please air it on the political forum.

No grudge at all.

I have seen my flag desecrated in a far more severe way as a protest, and recently. It raised no eyebrows. I have seen recently more disrespect for my flag and our military without mention.

I have seen minor intrusions into private enterprises by government terribly chastised.

I am simply searching for the basis which is being used in this particular incident that raised the ire, when more serious incidents raised no eyebrows.

Just not sure I understand the recently discovered wrath.

In addition, as I said the anthem is not something that is normally broadcast thus I am not sure the ire at the networks since it is as it has always been.

And by he way, called nobody any names so your "implication" is not understood.

DWIGHT EISENHOWER (1890-1969)
The qualities of a great man are "vision, integrity, courage, understanding, the power of articulation, and profundity of character."
Closed Thread

Tags
anthem, kick-off, air, national, believing

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.