Phil vs Carolina National Anthem a No-Show

Phil vs Carolina National Anthem a No-Show

Notices

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Closed Thread

Old 10-13-2017, 08:01 AM
Gold member

Haven’t watched the NFL in weeks, and haven’t missed it a bit!

Old 10-13-2017, 08:30 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by l2ridehd View Post
Until recently, I never remember a NFL game that didn't show the national anthem. Another example of the media trying to manage our beliefs and opinions. They no longer broadcast the news, only their opinion.
Not sure what you are watching, but with the exception of championship games, etc, the national anthem is NEVER shown on television, and hasn't been for a long time.

The media is not managing anything and the only reason that it is on big games like championships is because the league invites big names to sing or play and they want the attention.

Fact is, there have been a number of movements to stop playing the national anthem at sporting events (begun during the war) and which I would oppose.

But thanks again to CFRANCE for pointing out facts, instead of simply made up things

DWIGHT EISENHOWER (1890-1969)
The qualities of a great man are "vision, integrity, courage, understanding, the power of articulation, and profundity of character."
Sponsored Links
Old 10-13-2017, 10:00 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by simpkinp View Post
Good for you! I stand and hold my hand over my heart. We are so blessed to be in this wonderful country. Thank you. I am boycotting the NFL entirely. I found out I don’t miss it. I am really enjoying College Football. I have always been a college fan, but much more now. At least they have the co7rage to enforce school and team rules. Let the felons have Sunday.
Bet you are a big Gator fan!

9 Florida Gators facing multiple felony charges each - SBNation.com
Old 10-13-2017, 11:10 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmertl View Post
There just in training for the NFL!
Old 10-13-2017, 11:36 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredster View Post
There just in training for the NFL!
You are aware that this entire thread is based on a made up premise.

DWIGHT EISENHOWER (1890-1969)
The qualities of a great man are "vision, integrity, courage, understanding, the power of articulation, and profundity of character."
Old 10-13-2017, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGVillages View Post
Our media has chosen to suppress our ability to even watch the National Anthem tonight (Thu Night FB) by heading to a commercial just prior and returning to air for kick-off. Thought I would tune in for a few minutes to see what what would happen but the powers to be at CBS and the NFL decided not to air the anthem, mistakenly believing this would help deflate this controversy, by not allowing viewers to decide on their own. Just adding more fuel to the fire. Tuned out at kick-off!
Too bad you had to miss a good game by not understanding what the issue is all about.
Old 10-13-2017, 12:00 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by swooner View Post
Too bad you had to miss a good game by not understanding what the issue is all about.
They don't want to know what the actual issue is. Ignorance is bliss!
Old 10-13-2017, 12:42 PM
Gold member

Wether the media telecasts the national anthem or not is not the issue as far as I am concerned.
I take issue with NFL players taking the knee during our national anthem to protest a cause they wish to promote.
They have every right to protest, but I firmly believe it should not be while they are at work.
And it is not what the fans are paying to watch.
Apparently I and a lot of other Americans find their actions, improper and disrespectful.
And I and millions of others are exercising our right to protest, by withdrawal of viewership and purchase of sponsors products.
Old 10-13-2017, 01:13 PM
Gold member

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by simpkinp View Post
Good for you! I stand and hold my hand over my heart. We are so blessed to be in this wonderful country. Thank you. I am boycotting the NFL entirely. I found out I don’t miss it. I am really enjoying College Football. I have always been a college fan, but much more now. At least they have the co7rage to enforce school and team rules. Let the felons have Sunday.
Referring to the players as felons is a racist comment.

"Don't curse the darkness when you can light a candle"
Old 10-13-2017, 01:45 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleDog View Post
Referring to the players as felons is a racist comment.
Really? Since there are many races in the NFL, it almost sounds like your retort is more racist to me.
Closed Thread

Tags
anthem, kick-off, air, national, believing