Closed Thread
Old 09-30-2014, 04:13 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,343 Times in 519 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruiser1 View Post
"Excessive Celebration"? Really?

He fell to his knees -then got up !

(it wasn't like the guy that "lined up a putt" and had 4 guys watch)

What's next a pat on the back from team mate ='s sexual harassment
Old 09-30-2014, 04:51 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance View Post
Also... those should be full-time jobs, as in baseball. That should be their main career focus, and they should learn their job well or be let go for making too many mistakes. The inconsistency and mistakes in NFL refereeing is too high.
Referee's are graded on their performance and the top rated ref's get the better assignments.

However, the human element is always a factor and doesn't stop me from getting steamed, when they don't get calls right. This is a big business that should not be reduced to incorrect calls, that affect the NFL product.

Some calls are so bad, they should be shipped off, to make judgement calls in wrestling. We all know that wrestling is staged for a certain outcome. I just love it, when they say there is not enough info, to overturn the ruling on the field. Aren't we all looking at the same replay? DUH!!!!!

It is disturbing when the ref's determine the outcome of a game, than the players performance.

I just want to do the right thing! Uncle Joe, (my hero).
Old 09-30-2014, 08:47 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Winston O Boogie jr View Post
If I'm not mistaken, the NFL instituted a new rules this year prohibiting players from going to their knees after a touch down. I have no idea what the logic is behind it, but it would appear the the referee had no choice.

Just conjecture on my part, but maybe it had something to do with Tebowing. Perhaps some people were offended by people making fun of a devout Christian.

Christians kneeling will be dealt with the same way.
Correct, "just conjecture" and incorrect.

NFL penalizes Muslim player for praying; league says it was wrong (updated) - The Washington Post
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.