Old 02-02-2015, 11:47 AM
Platinum member

Seattle got to the Super Bowl on a bone head play by Green Bay
Old 02-02-2015, 12:11 PM
Sage
Quote:
Originally Posted by golf2140 View Post
Seattle got to the Super Bowl on a bone head play by Green Bay
And some pundits are saying that the Pats won the Super Bowl because of a bonehead play by Seattle. Whatever.

IMO Tom Brady, Bill Belechick and the Pats deserve every accolade that is coming their way today...best team ever, best quarterback ever. Nobody can discount four super bowl wins in 15 years and three MVP's for Brady. Very few players and coaches have four super bowl rings.
Old 02-02-2015, 04:50 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by janmcn View Post
And some pundits are saying that the Pats won the Super Bowl because of a bonehead play by Seattle. Whatever.

IMO Tom Brady, Bill Belechick and the Pats deserve every accolade that is coming their way today...best team ever, best quarterback ever. Nobody can discount four super bowl wins in 15 years and three MVP's for Brady. Very few players and coaches have four super bowl rings.
Are any pundits saying that the only reason Seattle had a chance to win was because of Kearse's horse shoe up his butt, lucky catch on the five yard line?

These things all tend to even out. I know that I, like probably every other Patriots fan was thinking one thing when Kearse made that catch. "David Tyree the second".

On the other hand as bad as I think that the call was, it pretty much worked except for an incredible play by rookie Malcolm Butler. And, even if Seattle had scored a touchdown, the Patriots would have gotten the ball back with plenty of time and all three of their timeouts needing only a field goal to tie. So, Seattle didn't exactly hand them the game. Even with a touchdown, we could have seen overtime.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 02-02-2015, 04:55 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by PennBF View Post
Of course we all understand we had absolutely nothing to do with the Patriots win or the Seattle loss. It was the 22+ players and coaches who performed. To pretend we were in any way responisible for 22+ men from all over the USA playing a terrific ball game is kind of living in a Wizard of OZ world. I would give that if you had a relative playing in the game or coaching you would have had a reason to cheer a particular team.
Wow, you are just so much more emotionally mature and intelligent than almost every one. You're correct. Why any of us watch sports or root for a team is ridiculous. We should all just give it up and go on to more important pursuits. Maybe studying eastern philosophy for example.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 02-02-2015, 05:06 PM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to DonH57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Winston O Boogie jr View Post
Wow, you are just so much more emotionally mature and intelligent than almost every one. You're correct. Why any of us watch sports or root for a team is ridiculous. We should all just give it up and go on to more important pursuits. Maybe studying eastern philosophy for example.
No kidding........Talk about a debbie downer
Old 02-02-2015, 05:31 PM
Sage
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonH57 View Post
No kidding........Talk about a debbie downer

https://twitter.com/TVGuideMagazine/...64170776354817

Even without Penn watching, this year's super bowl pulled in 114.4 million viewers, the most-watched show ever in TV history. Perhaps the NFL will come up with some fake scandal about this time every year.
Old 02-02-2015, 05:45 PM
Email Reported As Spam

i suspect some 120 million or so watched the super bowl. I gave up watch pro ball especially football because of the immoral conduct of some players because of the unsportsmanlike conduct by some. Ballgahzi and or Deflategate undersore my point.

did you notice how quickly this cheating scheme was deflected. Why? follow the money

But the main reason i stopped is because despite the NFL commissioner makes 44 million a year the NFL, et al are taxed exempt and that is clearly crony capitalism
Old 02-02-2015, 06:10 PM
Sage
Default Super bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by PennBF View Post
Of course we all understand we had absolutely nothing to do with the Patriots win or the Seattle loss. It was the 22+ players and coaches who performed. To pretend we were in any way responisible for 22+ men from all over the USA playing a terrific ball game is kind of living in a Wizard of OZ world. I would give that if you had a relative playing in the game or coaching you would have had a reason to cheer a particular team.
I slept at a Holiday Inn Express last night. Yeah Patriots.
Old 02-02-2015, 06:51 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon View Post
i suspect some 120 million or so watched the super bowl. I gave up watch pro ball especially football because of the immoral conduct of some players because of the unsportsmanlike conduct by some. Ballgahzi and or Deflategate undersore my point.

did you notice how quickly this cheating scheme was deflected. Why? follow the money

But the main reason i stopped is because despite the NFL commissioner makes 44 million a year the NFL, et al are taxed exempt and that is clearly crony capitalism
The NFL is tax exempt? When did that happen? And what does the salary of the commissioner have to do with anything?

Do you drive a car? Are you concerned with what the CEO of the car company makes?

Old 02-02-2015, 07:12 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon View Post

Heard on the radio today that 50% of all televisions in the US were tuned in to the Super Bowl.

Old 02-02-2015, 07:43 PM
Sage

The 32 NFL teams and their players pay taxes. The NFL office doesn't because it is classified as a trade organization. The PGA, LPGA, Association of Tennis Professionals, and the National Hockey League offices also are tax exempt.
Old 02-03-2015, 08:26 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougB View Post
The 32 NFL teams and their players pay taxes. The NFL office doesn't because it is classified as a trade organization. The PGA, LPGA, Association of Tennis Professionals, and the National Hockey League offices also are tax exempt.
Absolutely true. The NFL and all of these other organizations are similar to unions. basically all of the money that they make either goes into expenses or back to the teams who pay taxes on the money.

Old 02-03-2015, 01:12 PM
Bosoxfan

It's been almost 2 full days since the Pats won the Super Bowl, and I still feel like I did, the moment Butler picked off that pass to win it. Now as I think of how things played out over the years, there's 3 things that Butler's play did:

1: It secured Brady's place as the greatest ever. (In my eyes)

2: It was redemption for how they lost in the 1st Super Bowl vs the Giants, in that there were miracle catches (Tyree/Kearse) that put both teams in a position to win the game in the first place.

3: And most importantly, it gives Pats fans a reason to gloat while all the haters who kept saying they haven't won since spygate, they're cheaters, deflategate, or any other excuse to try and take away from the fact the Patriots are a GREAT TEAM.

So thank you Malcolm Butler, my new hero. Patriots are Super Bowl Champs again, and will be right there playing to win it all again next season.

And I'll end it with this, we all know Brady is a class act, but giving his MVP award truck to Butler is as classiest a thing as he has ever done. Go Patriots!!!
Old 02-03-2015, 09:21 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosoxfan View Post
It's been almost 2 full days since the Pats won the Super Bowl, and I still feel like I did, the moment Butler picked off that pass to win it. Now as I think of how things played out over the years, there's 3 things that Butler's play did:

1: It secured Brady's place as the greatest ever. (In my eyes)

2: It was redemption for how they lost in the 1st Super Bowl vs the Giants, in that there were miracle catches (Tyree/Kearse) that put both teams in a position to win the game in the first place.

3: And most importantly, it gives Pats fans a reason to gloat while all the haters who kept saying they haven't won since spygate, they're cheaters, deflategate, or any other excuse to try and take away from the fact the Patriots are a GREAT TEAM.

So thank you Malcolm Butler, my new hero. Patriots are Super Bowl Champs again, and will be right there playing to win it all again next season.

And I'll end it with this, we all know Brady is a class act, but giving his MVP award truck to Butler is as classiest a thing as he has ever done. Go Patriots!!!
In addition to Tyree's and Kearse's absurd catches there was the one by Mario Manningham in 2012 and Welker's drop that same year. I think most Patriots fans were thinking "not three in a row!"

Old 02-05-2015, 09:37 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Smile Appreciate

I appreciate being referenced in one of the notes but I don't think a large number of viewers is sufficient to prove how honest Something might be! As I recall '
John Dillinger had a Huge number of viewer's and we know what he was?
Big does not mean right! Action determines what is right!
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.