Super bowl

Closed Thread
Old 02-05-2015, 11:12 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PennBF View Post
I appreciate being referenced in one of the notes but I don't think a large number of viewers is sufficient to prove how honest Something might be! As I recall '
John Dillinger had a Huge number of viewer's and we know what he was?
Big does not mean right! Action determines what is right!
Huh?

We're talking about right and wrong?

You evidently are much smarter than everyone else here because I don't think that any of us ever thought about any of this being a right and wrong issue.

But, you have gotten me thinking. How stupid I have been over the past 55 years or so having so much fun rooting for my home town sports teams. What an idiot I was feeling jubilation when the Red Sox won the World Series after 86 six years. What a moron I was to thrill at the sight of Bobby Orr flying through the air after his Stanley Cup winning goal. All the time I wasted in feeling good when the Celtics won a bazillion NBA titles and now this. A complete waste of my life, getting enjoyment and being entertained by millionaires from other cities winning four Super Bowls for my home town.

I think that I'll have to give up watching sports and perhaps take up viewing sculptures. Yes, that's it, sculpture, a much more cerebral way to find enjoyment in life.

I feel so ashamed.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 02-05-2015, 11:39 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by PennBF View Post
Of course we all understand we had absolutely nothing to do with the Patriots win or the Seattle loss. It was the 22+ players and coaches who performed. To pretend we were in any way responisible for 22+ men from all over the USA playing a terrific ball game is kind of living in a Wizard of OZ world. I would give that if you had a relative playing in the game or coaching you would have had a reason to cheer a particular team.

How sad. You're missing out on a very fun piece of life.
Old 02-05-2015, 11:50 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosoxfan View Post
It's been almost 2 full days since the Pats won the Super Bowl, and I still feel like I did, the moment Butler picked off that pass to win it. Now as I think of how things played out over the years, there's 3 things that Butler's play did:

1: It secured Brady's place as the greatest ever. (In my eyes)

2: It was redemption for how they lost in the 1st Super Bowl vs the Giants, in that there were miracle catches (Tyree/Kearse) that put both teams in a position to win the game in the first place.

3: And most importantly, it gives Pats fans a reason to gloat while all the haters who kept saying they haven't won since spygate, they're cheaters, deflategate, or any other excuse to try and take away from the fact the Patriots are a GREAT TEAM.

So thank you Malcolm Butler, my new hero. Patriots are Super Bowl Champs again, and will be right there playing to win it all again next season.

And I'll end it with this, we all know Brady is a class act, but giving his MVP award truck to Butler is as classiest a thing as he has ever done. Go Patriots!!!
The second classiest thing he did was the year he gave all the offensive linemen Rolex watches after they won the SuperBowl. He knows where his bread is buttered and shows his appreciation.
Old 02-05-2015, 01:55 PM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

Giving the truck to Butler was a class act. Gifting his teammates with Rolexes was pretty darn cool. Giving credit to his teammates definitely showed a lot of class, but none of these are remotely close to his classiest act. His support of Best Buddies, both of time and money, is where his class really shines. He started working with this organization since 2002. His behind-the-scene support of many charities is well-known in the Bay Area (and probably in Boston). This is where he truly shines.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 02-05-2015, 01:58 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwitch View Post
Giving the truck to Butler was a class act. Gifting his teammates with Rolexes was pretty darn cool. Giving credit to his teammates definitely showed a lot of class, but none of these are remotely close to his classiest act. His support of Best Buddies, both of time and money, is where his class really shines. He started working with this organization since 2002. His behind-the-scene support of many charities is well-known in the Bay Area (and probably in Boston). This is where he truly shines.
Thank you for noting his off field work. You are correct.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.