Tim Tebow

Closed Thread
Old 01-02-2012, 12:28 PM
Sage
Smile Tim Tebow

After watching yesterday's embarrassing performance, I think Tim Tebow needs to start playing and stop praying during the game, if he wants to stay in the NFL.
Old 01-02-2012, 12:37 PM
Eternal Member

Hopefully John Elway will take him under his wing and teach him what it takes to play in the NFL. Tebow has lots of talent and has been an outstanding player in the high school and college ranks. I am sure that he can make it if Elway can work with him.

This did not happen this year because of the lock-out.

I expect to see Tebow become a much better QB next year.

Z

Second star to the right, then straight on 'til morning.
Old 01-02-2012, 12:42 PM
Default Playing Tebow

Jan,

I think the thing Tebow is missing is his running, like he did when he had his streak. He is not a true passer like Manning(Go Giants). Start basic stuff again. Praying is fine !!!
Old 01-02-2012, 06:43 PM

I have been following Tim Tebow for several years... starting as a Gator. We need to remember that he is a green Q.B. and has done a fair job for himself this season. With a little more time and practice during the off season I'm sure he will be much more improved next year. As for the praying... I believe that he is genuine in his faith and should continue to do what he feels is right for him.
Old 01-02-2012, 07:25 PM
Gold member

Since Tebow only started a couple or so games in 2010, let's note his numbers in 2011. John Elway wasn't a blockbuster in his first year, either. In fact, John was intercepted upon MORE in his first season than Tim has been in 2 seasons. Tebow's passing yardage is more this season than John had in his first season. Tebow has even completed more passes this season than Elway did in his first season. And, of course, let's not even compare rushing numbers. I think the kid is holding up darn well under such scrutiny. When you think of the crooks, criminals, and showboaters in the NFL, a little extra prayer wouldn't hurt some of those guys.
It took John 15 years to win a Super Bowl. I believe Tim will earn his a lot sooner. Elway will put a team on the field that will achieve this for his QB.
Old 01-08-2012, 09:00 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Tebow looked good today against that steeler defense!!
Old 01-08-2012, 09:08 PM
Sage
Location: grew up in NYC and lived my adult life in Northern NJ; and now a resident of TV in Bonita
Send a message via AIM to RichieLion

Don't understand why so many are itching for Tebow to fail. Is his faith really that much of a threat, and if so, to what? I commend a man who is true to his faith. I think it laudable and the mark of a true role model.

Anyway, as you said John, he played a heckuva game against the Steelers and now it's on to the Patriots. Here's hoping he has a good game. it's going to get a lot of hype.
Old 01-08-2012, 09:11 PM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to eweissenbach

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichieLion View Post
Don't understand why so many are itching for Tebow to fail. Is his faith really that much of a threat, and if so, to what? I commend a man who is true to his faith. I think it laudable and the mark of a true role model.

Anyway, as you said John, he played a heckuva game against the Steelers and now it's on to the Patriots. Here's hoping he has a good game. it's going to get a lot of hype.
That I can agree with.
Old 01-08-2012, 10:42 PM
Default I just wish he wouldn't............

I just wish he wouldn't run so much. We all know eventually Tebow is going to get hurt. His job is to throw the ball and run if he has too. The NFL is not college football.
Old 01-08-2012, 11:10 PM

Tebow looked a little like he did in college. I hope this was his breakout game. I'm a Steeler fan but I enjoyed Tebow's effort today. I would rather see him thank God for his success, than do some absurd self serving gyration in the end zone. Just my opinion.
Irish
South Amboy, NJ
St. Louis, MO
St. Charles, MO
Lake of the Ozarks, MO

"What if the Hokey Pokey really is what it's all about"?
Old 01-08-2012, 11:27 PM
Sage
Location: grew up in NYC and lived my adult life in Northern NJ; and now a resident of TV in Bonita
Send a message via AIM to RichieLion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish Rover View Post
Tebow looked a little like he did in college. I hope this was his breakout game. I'm a Steeler fan but I enjoyed Tebow's effort today. I would rather see him thank God for his success, than do some absurd self serving gyration in the end zone. Just my opinion.
Irish
Well said irish Rover.
Old 01-09-2012, 12:16 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkret View Post
Since Tebow only started a couple or so games in 2010, let's note his numbers in 2011. John Elway wasn't a blockbuster in his first year, either. In fact, John was intercepted upon MORE in his first season than Tim has been in 2 seasons. Tebow's passing yardage is more this season than John had in his first season. Tebow has even completed more passes this season than Elway did in his first season. And, of course, let's not even compare rushing numbers. I think the kid is holding up darn well under such scrutiny. When you think of the crooks, criminals, and showboaters in the NFL, a little extra prayer wouldn't hurt some of those guys.
It took John 15 years to win a Super Bowl. I believe Tim will earn his a lot sooner. Elway will put a team on the field that will achieve this for his QB.
Way to go kid!!!! Nothing wrong with giving praise and thanks.
Old 01-09-2012, 09:49 AM
Sage
Smile Is Tebow the next Brady?

If Tim Tebow can lead his team to a super-bowl win like Tom Brady did his first year out, when he was the youngest ever MVP, then I will become a believer and start "Tebowing". First he's got to go into New England and beat the master. His last encounter with the Pats made him look like a high school player.
Old 01-09-2012, 10:48 AM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkret View Post
Way to go kid!!!! Nothing wrong with giving praise and thanks.

I had much rather see a player giving praise for an accomplishment than the players doing their wild dances after making a play.

Do not follow where the path may lead.
Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.
Old 01-09-2012, 11:15 AM
Sage

After the game the network went back to showing their 6 commentators who all picked the Steelers.

The lead commentator said - well, can Denver win at New England and, in unison, all six put their elbows down on the table in front of them and their fists on their foreheads - Tebowing!

Then the show was over without further comment.

It was priceless!

Da Chicago So Side; The Village of Park Forest, IL; 3/7 Cav, 3rd Inf Div, Schweinfurt, Ger 65-66; MACV J12 Saigon 66-67; San Leandro, Hayward & Union City, CA (San Francisco East Bay Area) GO DUBS ! (aka W's)
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.