Default Tom Brady

Tom Brady signed with the Tampa Bay Bucs. 😎
Old 03-17-2020, 09:28 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by patfla06 View Post
Tom Brady signed with the Tampa Bay Bucs. 😎
Teddy Bridgewater is going to Carolina. So the NFC South will be Tom Brady, Drew Brees, Matt Ryan, and....... Teddy Bridgewater. The AFC East looks like Buffalo finally has a shot at winning and overall the AFC is rid of Brady, which makes it better for the new talent, Patrick Mahomes, Lamar Jackson and Baker Mayfield. I heard that Andy Dalton and Bridgewater both turned down the Bears, I guess if they want to ditch Mitch, an over-the-hill Cam Newton is their best shot. We still have to see where Dalton, Philip Rivers and Jameis Winston end up.
Old 03-18-2020, 07:50 AM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 3,092 Times in 1,327 Posts

Going to be fun year to watch football.
Old 03-18-2020, 08:36 AM
Sage

In the east the Buffalo Bills stock just improved, they got receiver Stefon Diggs from the Vikings for 4 draft picks. The Browns signed QB Case Keenum, I guess to compete or backup Baker Mayfield, their new head coach knows Keenum from their time together in Minnesota.

The Texans stock took a bit of a hit when they traded to Arizona probably the best receiver in football DeAndre Hopkins. Houston's head coach known at BOB (Bill O'Brien) is also acting as the GM and seems to be in over his head. He got a running back who's been injured a lot and some draft picks.

The Ravens defense is looking stout, they traded with Jacksonville for DE Calais Campbell and signed free agent DT Michael Brockers from the Rams. The Colts who has pretty good offensive line is one reason probably former Charger QB Philip Rivers has just signed on for one year for $25 million. Two years ago TE Jason Witten was in the MNF booth, then came back to Dallas for more year, now he signs with the Raiders. I guess playing for Gruden in Vegas was too tempting in a new stadium. Drew Brees signs a new 2 year $50 million dollar deal to stay with the Saints and 38 year old Ben Roethlisburger restructures his deal to come back for another season with the Steelers, they'll still be taking a $33.5 million cap hit for 2020.

2020 NFL free-agency tracker - Latest signings, trades, cuts, news and rumors
Old 03-18-2020, 04:16 PM
Sage

I was wrong about the Bears in their effort to ditch Mitch, even though 2 QB's turned them down, Nick Foles said yes and he's going to the Bears. Hopefully he stay healthier than he did in Jax. Does that mean Gardner Minschew is the starter for the Jaguars?

The Villages Florida

Tom Brady finalized his deal with the Bucs, $30 million for a year, I'm happy he's in the NFC.

The Villages Florida
Old 03-18-2020, 05:40 PM
Gold member
Location: Pittsburgh, Cincinnati,Chicago ,buffalo, Asheville ,Pittsburgh

Will Bill still be a genius without Tom?
Old 03-19-2020, 09:12 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,470 Times in 611 Posts
Default perhaps the final straw for Brady- re his decision to change teams>

interesting news piece, and certainly appears to be reasonable.

--------------------------------------
NFL rumors: Bill Belichick offering Tom Brady to 49ers led QB to leave
Josh Schrock
NBC Sports BayAreaMarch 19, 2020, 3:31 PM EDT

The contract hasn't been signed, but Tom Brady will be a Tampa Bay Buccaneer in 2020.

After two-plus decades. Brady decided to leave the New England Patriots for greener pastures away from Bill Belichick in Florida. But how did we get here?

Brady's decision reportedly wasn't made on a whim. The wheels for him to move on from the Pats were set in motion three years ago, sources told Bleacher Report's Matt Miller.

As the 2017 season approached, the Patriots faced a conundrum about what to do with their future at quarterback. Brady was aging, and then-25-year-old Jimmy Garoppolo was waiting in the wings. When would be the right time to move on from the greatest quarterback in history?

The 49ers called at the trade deadline, and after general manager John Lynch claims he jokingly asked about Brady, the teams agreed on a deal that sent Garoppolo to the Bay Area.

But that might not have been how it went down.

According to Miller, the 49ers originally called about Garoppolo, but Belichick instead offered Brady, wanting to keep the young quarterback to extend the Patriots' dynasty. A Patriots source confirmed to Miller that this is what happened, but team owner Robert Kraft squashed the idea of trading Brady.

"Kraft shut that s--t down fast," a source close to Belichick told Miller. "So, instead, Lynch gets Garoppolo, but Brady, Belichick and Kraft haven't been the same since Tom learned that Bill was ready to get rid of him. And that lit a fire under his ass."

Brady, fueled by Belichick's desire to ditch him for Garoppolo, took the Patriots to two more Super Bowls, winning one. All the while, the legendary quarterback restructured his deal, so the Patriots wouldn't be able to franchise tag him and he'd be free to leave.

After the Patriots were eliminated by the Tennessee Titans in the AFC wild-card round last season, Brady made no attempt to contact the Patriots about a new deal, per reports. Belichick didn't make some grand gesture to mend fences, either. So on Tuesday, Brady announced he'd be leaving the Patriots to pen his final NFL chapter elsewhere.

[RELATED: How Brady joining Bucs makes 49ers' schedule less daunting]

The Bucs weren't always Brady's endgame, but it appears leaving the Patriots might have been in the cards for a while.

Brady reportedly preferred to go to the 49ers, but Lynch and coach Kyle Shanahan elected to stick with Garoppolo, sending Brady to choose between the Bucs, Raiders and Los Angeles Chargers.

Brady's plan to leave the Patriots will end with him heading to Tampa, whenever the deal is finalized. And it reportedly started three years ago, when Belichick tried to ship Brady away and fractured the greatest dynasty in sports in the process.
Old 03-19-2020, 09:41 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredman View Post
Will Bill still be a genius without Tom?
I'm not a Patriots fan and definitely not a Belichik fan, but i think Bill is the genius, not Brady. I thought Belichik wanted to bring on Garopalo (sp) a couple of years ago, and Kraft said no. Politics there, perhaps. Bill has no qualms about ditching players who are not performing.

Great players need to hang it up while they're still great. I hope Brady does not become the next Favre. Hopefully he has more class and doesn't need to text pics of himself. He needs to be remembered as one of the greatest quarterbacks of all time, albeit with a terrific backup offense. But we shall see.

Tags
tom, brady, signed, tampa, bay

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.