Tom Brady, NFLPA file lawsuit over DeflateGate Suspension

Closed Thread
Old 08-31-2015, 07:58 PM
Bosoxfan

I feel Roger should step down before he further embarrasses the league.[/QUOTE]

I agree but it sure would be nice if Goodell had to hand The Super Bowl MVP to Brady right after he handed the Patriots their 5th Lombardi trophy!
Old 08-31-2015, 08:36 PM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to DonH57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosoxfan View Post
I feel Roger should step down before he further embarrasses the league.
I agree but it sure would be nice if Goodell had to hand The Super Bowl MVP to Brady right after he handed the Patriots their 5th Lombardi trophy![/QUOTE]

You are absolutely right on that. I agree.
Old 09-01-2015, 05:09 AM
Sage

Final ruling is to be made on Friday, Sept 4th by the judge.

I just want to do the right thing! Uncle Joe, (my hero).
Old 09-01-2015, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by simpkinp View Post
Goodell lets the felons resume play with minor penalties and picks on Brady. Boo. Goodell needs to go. Where the heck is his head.
But the felons aren't cheating during the game like Brady did (and he and his team have done in the past)!
Old 09-01-2015, 09:04 AM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to l2ridehd

Every professional sports figure that has ever played any game has always had some preference for something. Baseball pitchers rough the ball up for 5 minutes before using it. Golfers have to have a certain ball or grip or something. Basketball players have to have a ball that bounces a certain way. Hockey players always want some special tape on the stick.

And so many times those "special things" are on the very edge of what the legal limits are.

The league is sick of Brady winning all the time and want to find something, anything to find issues. I hope the players associan wins and Goodell goes bye bye.
Old 09-01-2015, 09:04 AM
Sage

There is no evidence that Brady has cheated. In addition, there is no evidence that Brady has cheated in the past. What the Patriot's organization has done in the past has no bearing on the current situation. If you disagree, please post actual facts and not your opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by duhbear View Post
But the felons aren't cheating during the game like Brady did (and he and his team have done in the past)!
Old 09-01-2015, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by biker1 View Post
There is no evidence that Brady has cheated. In addition, there is no evidence that Brady has cheated in the past. What the Patriot's organization has done in the past has no bearing on the current situation. If you disagree, please post actual facts and not your opinion.
No opinions? Kind of defeats the purpose of a forum.
Old 09-01-2015, 10:31 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldogskid View Post
Opinions are certainly welcome, and frequently enjoyable to read and comment upon. Facts, every now and then (or as often as possible), provide the basis for expansion of one's shared knowledge base.
Old 09-01-2015, 10:32 AM
Sage

Maybe for you. I prefer to deal with facts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldogskid View Post
Old 09-01-2015, 04:26 PM

It's a good thing the Patriots were playing with a deflated ball in the first half of the colts game, because if they were playing with a regulation football the score would have been 90 to 7 instead of 45 to7. Seems a lot of people hate a winner.
Old 09-01-2015, 04:45 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke-SRT View Post
It's a good thing the Patriots were playing with a deflated ball in the first half of the colts game, because if they were playing with a regulation football the score would have been 90 to 7 instead of 45 to7. Seems a lot of people hate a winner.

Or another way to say it: whiners hate winners.
Old 09-01-2015, 05:12 PM
Sage

Also, the ball was handled by the officials every down and they failed to notice anything.

Quote:
Old 09-01-2015, 05:32 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

This whole procedure is absurd. The fact that Goodell acts as the arbiter is ridiculous. But, as absurd as it sounds, this is what the NFLPA agreed to. Brady and the Patriots may have a problem. I thought that it was an open and shut case, but this judge could rule in favor of the NFL based on this bad agreement.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 09-01-2015, 05:32 PM

Quote:
From what I understand tampering with game equipment carries a 25 thousand dollar fine, period!! As far as what was on Brady's phone, I'm sure that no player would want the league to see their personal messages with the way things leak out.
If that was meant to be a pun (the way things leak out) you are brilliant,lol.
Old 09-07-2015, 06:16 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,036 Times in 2,731 Posts
Default Pats

It is a badge of honor for all Pat's players and fans to be so hated. Can't out work us, can't out smart us, and certainly can't beat us, so the haters resort to accusing the greatest team in football of cheating with absolutely no facts to back it up. Keep it coming!
Closed Thread

Tags
nflpa, courts, players, rulings, power, game, corroded, miss, treated, future, days, sports, essence, figurehead, scores, cheap, commodity, change, owners, rice, till, imho, berra, file, brady

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.