2018 Giants Season

Closed Thread
Old 08-30-2018, 12:00 PM
Sage
Default 2018 Giants Season

What is your opinion of the Giants bouncing back from a 3 win season?

Being a long time Giants fan, I am hopeful they will have a winning season as long as the offensive line is fixed. They certainly have a lot of offensive weapons led by Barkley and OBJ.

What do fellow Giant fans think?

I just want to do the right thing! Uncle Joe, (my hero).
Old 08-30-2018, 12:21 PM

I'm so on the fence about this. Saquon has such big legs -it's almost ridiculous- that people like Bart Scott think he will have hammy pulls constantly. I think the O-Line still has a lot of questions. Flowers still looks awful.

I went to a few practices and OBJ looked amazing. He just is going to simply outrun everyone if he is healthy. Saquon looks like an alien sent here to be an athlete or something up close. He looks like he could race horses. But he's not a banger---Chris Canty asked him on NFL network is he would be the guy for 4th and 1 on the goal line, as in would he put his head down and plow through and he was kind of like uhhh.....i might try to cut back. What I am saying is, you are going to see him take some plays for losses BC he wants to cut and shimmy. But then you will see him with college type 50 yard gains. The short yardage back they brought in, the Vet Stewart, has been terrible. So this could be an issue.

The word around the league is that Eli just doesn't have it anymore, hates getting hit. I think he likes when he has to prove himself.

Shurmur looks the part, has learned from his time in CLE and the media loves him so far. He is much funnier and comfortable with the media than Todd Bowles is to say the least.

But all in all, I would say 7-9. They will probably lose both games to PHI and one to WASH and one to DAL. So that's 4 loses right there. I think Washington are going to be much better than people think with Smith at QB. I do not like Cousins. The first game is so big. I mean JAX thinks they can get to the SB but you could see them taking a step back. It's in East Rutherford and it will be hot. Jax gets New England the next week. I really think both teams need a win off the bat. Giants go to HOU. They go to CAR. They go to ATL. Cross country trip vs SF is never easy. NO visiting will not be easy.

I really like the new DC Bettcher, the players he had in AZ loved him. I think the secondary can be very good despite questions about Eli Apple. Apple will have a short leash. He got toasted a few times in pre season.

Davis Webb is not the QB of the future at all. They would be in deep shi* if Eli got hurt!!!
Old 08-30-2018, 12:42 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

2BNTV I would love to enjoy watching our team and enjoying and hating them at the same time. I never worried about who was actually playing because whoever it was gave their whole self to the game and they acted like a team. I think they need to be coached properly. Anything is possible.

We haven't watched a game other than the Superbowl last two years. We are going to try to watch The Giants this year as long as we don't see anything that upset us.

They will go undefeated this year. I should be released from the asylum by game time. Good Luck 2BNTV. Enjoy.
Old 08-31-2018, 04:19 PM
Sage

A lot will depend on the O line. If they can't block, it will be another long season for the Giants backfield. Barkley can be a banger or makes moves to go around someone. He will be great catching passes out of the backfield as he can outrun linebackers and is too big for the secondary guys. His big legs are an asset as he runs fast for a guy at 233 lbs. They last time the Giants that had a runner that if he broke into the open field and get a touchdown was, never.

Dallas doesn't seem to have top quality receivers anymore and Philly has a couple of QB's who need to stay healthy. If they do, Philly may still be the top team to beat but one can always hope to make the playoff.

So glad Jason Witten decided to retire. He was a big pain in the Giants b*tt as well as other teams. Great player.

ESPN said today Philly's Carson Wentz will be starting and I'm not sure if he is 100%

We'll just have to wait and see.

I just want to do the right thing! Uncle Joe, (my hero).
Old 09-06-2018, 12:42 PM

So it's Foles tonight? Giants fans rooting for ATL.
Old 09-06-2018, 08:30 PM

I predict 8-8. Offensive line is too new- will take them several games to figure out how to work together. And how Flowers is still on the team simply amazes me. I think the Giants keep him around just because they don't want to admit he is another high round bust.
Old 09-06-2018, 09:30 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,980 Times in 713 Posts

At least the have a good left tackle, not sure about the rest and I am not sure Eli ever had it. Just done think anyone with the name Manning is any more than a crybaby. Tough division so who knows.
Old 09-06-2018, 09:40 PM
Sage
Location: NJ, NM, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NY, CA, ID and finally FL.
Thanked 4,572 Times in 1,748 Posts

I am tired of watching a bunch of ungrateful, anti-American felons running after a ball. This is absolutely of no interest to me.

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine
Closed Thread

Tags
season, giants, long, offensive, weapons

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.