Watching NFL games on laptop

Closed Thread
Old 10-08-2016, 11:26 AM
Sage
Default Watching NFL games on laptop

My nephew sent my Dad a link and last week my Dad connected his laptop to the tv and watched the Patriots (get whomped) even though they are not on tv.

I have not tried it, I have not even looked into it, my nephew said make sure you have Adblocker first.

I will try it Sunday.

FirstRow Watch Live NFL Online. Watch Live NCAA Online. American Football Live Streams

Adblock Plus - Surf the web without annoying ads!
Old 10-08-2016, 03:02 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajbrown View Post
My nephew sent my Dad a link and last week my Dad connected his laptop to the tv and watched the Patriots (get whomped) even though they are not on tv.

I have not tried it, I have not even looked into it, my nephew said make sure you have Adblocker first.

I will try it Sunday.

FirstRow Watch Live NFL Online. Watch Live NCAA Online. American Football Live Streams

Adblock Plus - Surf the web without annoying ads!
I go to some of those sites in preseason. Generally go to the message board of the team you're wanting to watch and someone usually posts a link to a site on the internet. It usually changes week to week because it's not legal and they get shut down.

During the season, in my case the past six seasons, I go about it legally like many others in TV and get NFL Sunday Ticket. It's only available with Directv. I've had Directv since 2008 when I got fed up with Comcast. So when I moved here, it was a no brainer to get Sunday Ticket. Every game that is not broadcast on our local channels out of Orlando, is shown on NFL Ticket along with Red Zone and Fantasy Zone.

It's not cheap, usually I call them in July and tell them I don't want it this year, and then they'll negotiate a better rate. The regular price is $300 or $200 depending on if you want Red Zone added along with computer capability. I don't care about the computer, so I give my neighbor the code and he can watch his Eagles on his computer. They add the extra to your monthly bill for six months, this year I've gotten it down to $30 a month or $180 for the total. I figured if we went to Gator's Dockside to see the games, I would spend at least $30 in food and drink every Sunday, with this I'm covered for the entire month and I don't have to put up with fans of other teams.
Old 10-08-2016, 03:23 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

I wonder if this works when you're out of the country. We happily pay for nfl ticket and Extra Innings to get Football and baseball, but I'm sucking my thumb right now in Italy. In times past you couldn't even buy US Television or sports games overseas unless you paid for or pirated an IP address.
Old 10-08-2016, 04:30 PM
Sage

I don't know about NFL games, but I watch several college not televised games on ESPN3 on my desk top.
Old 10-09-2016, 07:12 AM
Sage

I wish Comcast could offer the same thing that Direct TV offers, but Direct TV must own some contract with the NFL (I have no idea the details)

In years past, my Dad and I always went to Beef O'Brady's when games were no on tv. This year he has not been up to it, so looking for ways we can see game.

My sister has just installed a Slingbox. She is in MA and my Dad will try that today. I helped setup his browser yesterday and it seemed pretty slick.
Old 10-09-2016, 07:24 AM
Sage
Thanked 7,358 Times in 2,509 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance View Post
I wonder if this works when you're out of the country. We happily pay for nfl ticket and Extra Innings to get Football and baseball, but I'm sucking my thumb right now in Italy. In times past you couldn't even buy US Television or sports games overseas unless you paid for or pirated an IP address.
I am a snowbird from UK, and I watch UK tv live in the US using a VPN called whatsonthebox.net
Works all over the world, and only cost a few bucks a month
It works with US tv outside of US as well.

Last edited by Two Bills; 10-09-2016 at 07:37 AM. Reason: missing detail
Old 10-09-2016, 07:43 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Two Bills View Post
I am a snowbird from UK, and I watch UK tv live in the US using a VPN called whatsonthebox.net
Works all over the world, and only cost a few bucks a month
It works with US tv outside of US as well.
Thanks for that info. I thought there was a way to do it but didn't have a name. In 2009 while living in France, we could not buy the nfl games, or watch Hulu, etc., due to contractual issues. The only way was to establish a US IP address somehow. Yet my son in Australia gets the Steelers games somehow. Records them live & watches later. Maybe things have changed.
Old 10-09-2016, 07:45 AM
Sage

Quote:
I wish Comcast could offer the same thing that Direct TV offers, but Direct TV must own some contract with the NFL (I have no idea the details)

In years past, my Dad and I always went to Beef O'Brady's when games were no on tv. This year he has not been up to it, so looking for ways we can see game.

My sister has just installed a Slingbox. She is in MA and my Dad will try that today. I helped setup his browser yesterday and it seemed pretty slick.
Fingers crossed for your dad and Slingbox, ajbrown.
Old 10-09-2016, 10:24 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Quote:
I wish Comcast could offer the same thing that Direct TV offers, but Direct TV must own some contract with the NFL (I have no idea the details)...
Directv pays the NFL $1.5 Billion dollars a year for the exclusive rights to show the games. They in turn put together the Red Zone and sell it to Comcast and other cable outfits. That's how you get Red Zone, but nothing else on Comcast.

Forbes Welcome
Old 10-24-2016, 07:08 PM
Default directv NFL Sunday ticket and abc cbs nbc fox and much more $45 yr

I just found this streaming service and I must say I am impressed. It cost $45 a year or $10 a month, and it is in HD. I would like to use my Apple TV box and mirror it from my ipad to the tv. Good news for cord cutters !

[l]

After using this for two weeks something changed and all I get is a invite to join other streaming services.
another scam !

Last edited by dbcolli; 10-31-2016 at 08:36 AM.
Old 10-25-2016, 08:28 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbcolli View Post
I just found this streaming service and I must say I am impressed. It cost $45 a year or $10 a month, and it is in HD. I would like to use my Apple TV box and mirror it from my ipad to the tv. Good news for cord cutters !

Your Subscription Packages Details
Someone was telling me about this last week. They were saying that you received the games on your computer and had to stream them to your television.

If I can get the internet on my television could I just open up the program there?
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 10-25-2016, 10:40 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Winston O Boogie jr View Post
Someone was telling me about this last week. They were saying that you received the games on your computer and had to stream them to your television.

If I can get the internet on my television could I just open up the program there?
In theory yes. However I have found that with my Samsung Smart TV which is about two years old, that when I try to go to a site that is streaming video my "driver" is out of date. I have no problems with the apps. Watched the entire Cubs season on tv with the MLB app.

Tags
dad, laptop, nephew, looked, adblocker

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.