Super bowl

Closed Thread
Old 02-01-2015, 09:57 PM
Sage
Default Super bowl

Ecclesiasites 3:12

Last edited by jblum315; 02-05-2015 at 04:01 PM.
Old 02-01-2015, 10:07 PM

The fat lady just sang!!! Go Pats!!
Old 02-01-2015, 10:16 PM

Whomever made that call for Seattle should be ashamed. Worst call possible. Pats didn't win. Seattle handed them the Lombardi
Old 02-01-2015, 10:39 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGolf View Post
Whomever made that call for Seattle should be ashamed. Worst call possible. Pats didn't win. Seattle handed them the Lombardi
Pete Carroll doesn't agree. Said it was a good call but the Patriots made a great play. Still said it does hurt to lose after playing so well. I agree. It was a great game. Back and forth. Great plays from both teams. Aside from the scrum at the end, I thought it was a clean game with relatively few penalties.
Old 02-01-2015, 10:49 PM
Sage

Quote:
Lynch had been unstoppable all night. And the Seahawks had a timeout. Pass play was possibly the worst call in NFL history.!

But...can't agree that the Pats didn't win. Look at the scoreboard.
Old 02-01-2015, 10:54 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

IMHO opinion, the greatest football game ever played and certainly, the best Super Bowl ever. And I would be saying that even if the Seahawks had won. It was truly a fantastic game.

Sorry, but The Patriots din't win the game as much as Seattle lost it. Had to be one of the worst calls in history.

Thank you to Pete Carrol or the offensive coordinator of whoever was calling the plays for handing The Patriots their fourth Super Bowl.

But, even if they had run Marshawn Lynch for a touchdown, the Pats would have gotten the ball back with about 50 seconds left and only would have needed a field goal to send the game into the first overtime in Super Bowl History.

And for those of you who are still going on about the under inflated balls, there is this: Deflategate twist: Only one of Patriots' 12 balls were under-inflated - NFL - SI.com
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 02-01-2015, 11:08 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Winston O Boogie jr View Post
IMHO opinion, the greatest football game ever played and certainly, the best Super Bowl ever. And I would be saying that even if the Seahawks had won. It was truly a fantastic game.

Sorry, but The Patriots din't win the game as much as Seattle lost it. Had to be one of the worst calls in history.

Thank you to Pete Carrol or the offensive coordinator of whoever was calling the plays for handing The Patriots their fourth Super Bowl.

But, even if they had run Marshawn Lynch for a touchdown, the Pats would have gotten the ball back with about 50 seconds left and only would have needed a field goal to send the game into the first overtime in Super Bowl History.

And for those of you who are still going on about the under inflated balls, there is this: Deflategate twist: Only one of Patriots' 12 balls were under-inflated - NFL - SI.com
I am glad to see you call the game so neutrally. It was a great game. I'm not crazy about either team! But it was a great game, and few penalties, a very fairly played game, and they gave us great football. Hats off to both the Seahawks and Patriots.
Old 02-01-2015, 11:13 PM
Default Sore losers

Quote:
What Seattle should be ashamed of was how they behaved in the face of a loss. No class and SORE LOSERS. I lost a lost of respect for them because of that.

Old 02-01-2015, 11:15 PM
Bosoxfan

After that juggling catch by Kearse all I could think was not again! A lucky bounce of the ball ala David Tyree's helmet catch was going to snatch victory away. I agree horrible call on the pass play but to say the Patriots didn't win it is wrong. If you watch the interception the kid made a great break on the ball and came up with the game winning play.Sorry Seattle you played great but the better team won!
Old 02-01-2015, 11:20 PM
Veteran member

I agree. Poor sportsmanship at the end of one of the best games I have seen all year. Loved the game.. Hated the aftermath. Shame. Not what we want to teach our kids, but NFL is losing on that one and ILOVE THE NFL. disappointing
Old 02-02-2015, 03:00 AM
Sage

I am only here so I dont get fined.
Old 02-02-2015, 10:39 AM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to DonH57

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbace6 View Post
What Seattle should be ashamed of was how they behaved in the face of a loss. No class and SORE LOSERS. I lost a lost of respect for them because of that.

I agree. I feel that was one of the most vile demonstrations of poor sportsmanship by a team. Truly a classless act.
Old 02-02-2015, 10:47 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

It's been a good time to be a Boston sports fan.

The Villages Florida
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 02-02-2015, 11:32 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,470 Times in 611 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonH57 View Post
I agree. I feel that was one of the most vile demonstrations of poor sportsmanship by a team. Truly a classless act.
Tough loss for the Seattle fans. They must feel deflated.

It was a great game right to the end. Gotta hand it to both teams and coaches.

I truly detested the way the NFL handled the Patriots/issue re deflategate - was certain that Goodell would end the investigation etc well before the SB, and not have the issue detract from and hang over the game...but nope - as like all the other controversies this season, they blew it.

I do feel sorry for the Seahawks fans - a terrible way to lose. But happy for the Patriots fans, esp after the other two SB losses; if Seattle would have scored in the end, it would have been rough, 3&3 in SB with 3 horrible-way-to-lose losses. But, Seattle got to the SB with some very fortunate calls - live by the sword...

Will be very interesting how the NFL now handles the deflategate findings...
Old 02-02-2015, 11:38 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Lightbulb Of Course

Of course we all understand we had absolutely nothing to do with the Patriots win or the Seattle loss. It was the 22+ players and coaches who performed. To pretend we were in any way responisible for 22+ men from all over the USA playing a terrific ball game is kind of living in a Wizard of OZ world. I would give that if you had a relative playing in the game or coaching you would have had a reason to cheer a particular team.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.