What are the odds that both number 1 conference winners are out?

Closed Thread
Old 01-24-2022, 07:55 AM

What are the odds that I'm paying 80% more for a gallon for gas. What are the odds that inflation is at 30 year high. And you are wondering about a football game where the qb makes more money in 1 year than all of the people in your village. Great topic, the concerns are justified
Old 01-24-2022, 07:58 AM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 3,110 Times in 1,342 Posts

Chiefs and the Bills. Best end of game all year!
Old 01-24-2022, 08:09 AM
Platinum member
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by banjobob View Post
Great football weekend , sadly those boycotting watching football ever again missed some really great games.

Golf was much better and more exciting...
Old 01-24-2022, 09:25 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,064 Times in 533 Posts

The KC/Buffalo game is the best game I've ever watched........ no Super Bowl has been anywhere near as good. Mahones is a freak of nature he's so good.
Old 01-24-2022, 10:40 AM

Best football weekend ever, that’s the way playoffs should be! So exciting! I thought Josh Allen went toe to toe with Mahomes, I felt so sad for Allen that he didn’t get another chance.
Old 01-24-2022, 12:01 PM
Sage
Thanked 14,043 Times in 5,334 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by frostola View Post
Best football weekend ever, that’s the way playoffs should be! So exciting! I thought Josh Allen went toe to toe with Mahomes, I felt so sad for Allen that he didn’t get another chance.
Wait till next year an awesome rivalry in the making
Old 01-24-2022, 02:56 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,200 Times in 327 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by frostola View Post
So agree. The OT rule really needs to be closely reviewed. After killing themselves for 60 minutes on the field, a lost coin toss could, and did, determine a winner if they score a TD. I totally forgot that the very same thing happened to KC against the Patriots 3 years ago in the div playoff. So, KC paid for it then, but paid off yesterday. Still NFL should have a close review for fairness to any team in OT.
Old 01-24-2022, 03:13 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,310 Times in 824 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tvflguy View Post
So agree. The OT rule really needs to be closely reviewed. After killing themselves for 60 minutes on the field, a lost coin toss could, and did, determine a winner if they score a TD. I totally forgot that the very same thing happened to KC against the Patriots 3 years ago in the div playoff. So, KC paid for it then, but paid off yesterday. Still NFL should have a close review for fairness to any team in OT.
I'm having a hard time finding any logic in that OT rule. Imagine if the NBA had that rule. Score tied. Game into OT. Flip a coin and winner gets put the basketball in play from the far end of the court. First three pointer wins. Is that any different than what we witnessed last night ?
Old 01-24-2022, 05:58 PM
Sage
Thanked 14,043 Times in 5,334 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustyp View Post
I'm having a hard time finding any logic in that OT rule. Imagine if the NBA had that rule. Score tied. Game into OT. Flip a coin and winner gets put the basketball in play from the far end of the court. First three pointer wins. Is that any different than what we witnessed last night ?
Both teams should get the ball in OT. What would be wrong with a 10 minute overtime period?
Old 01-24-2022, 06:10 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,901 Times in 914 Posts
Default Somebodies gotta take the heat . . if the quarterbacks and defense can't do it. .

New OT rules proposal:

One 15 minute quarter, complete,

If no winner after that. .

Field goals, alternating teams, offensive and defensive teams on the field,
start at the 25, if both kickers make it, go again 5 yards further
go until one kicker misses and the other kicker makes it,
both miss, continue on. .

lets put the pressure on the field goal kickers, . . somebodies gotta take the heat

I once went to a woman's bean pot hockey tournament in 1981. .
The game was tied in regulation. . overtime periods. . as the game went on, the probability of scoring went down because after 3 more periods, they were exhausted,
in the 4th overtime period, one goalie made a mistake and the game finally ended. .

but the longer the game goes, the lower the probability of scoring due to exhaustion. .
Old 01-24-2022, 08:27 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,152 Times in 1,326 Posts

crazy...but, that's why the NFL draft makes so much sense...of course the GM has to draft well, but it does level the field
Old 01-24-2022, 09:43 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,901 Times in 914 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustyp View Post
So what percentage of games go to winner of the coin toss when teams don't score on the first drive? or, is everyone cherry picking because it happens very infrequently, but in very high profile games?

The concept is sudden death. . same thing happens in ice hockey. . first goal wins, the face-off is random. . the coin toss is random,

Teams perfectly physically evenly matched are probably more exhausted at the end of a game, than imbalanced teams . . .
Old 01-25-2022, 06:31 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,310 Times in 824 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoachKandSportsguy View Post
So what percentage of games go to winner of the coin toss when teams don't score on the first drive? or, is everyone cherry picking because it happens very infrequently, but in very high profile games?

The concept is sudden death. . same thing happens in ice hockey. . first goal wins, the face-off is random. . the coin toss is random,

Teams perfectly physically evenly matched are probably more exhausted at the end of a game, than imbalanced teams . . .
Not sure of the message here. Is it brawn over brains is the preference ? Expanding on your thought why not eliminate OT. The last team to score wins. This will eliminate the randomness of a coin toss and making it even more important for teams to plan on how to have the last procession. As far as exhaustion - these are professionals making sinfull amounts of money. What do they say in another sport - you need to step up to the plate.

FYI - In hockey why do they need a coin toss if there is a face off ? Don't they eliminate the coin toss / shootout of regular season and play a regular period with only a face off in playoffs ?

Last edited by rustyp; 01-25-2022 at 08:55 AM.
Old 01-25-2022, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tophcfa View Post
Go Bucks, I would like to see TB12 in a head to head matchup vs. Jimmy G., the guy Bill Belichick drafted several years ago to be his apparent successor.
I was surprised TB didn't go for 2 points on their last TD.
Old 01-30-2022, 10:04 AM

this is what gambling on football or any other sport will do.. anyone know the over/under on those games last week.. someone made a ton of money,,
Closed Thread

Tags
today, good, chance, tb12, bowl

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.