Your GUESS (Poll) Final Score of Super Bowl 55>

View Poll Results: What be be the RESULT of Super Bowl 55?
Bucs WIN by 1 - 6 points 9 25.00%
Bucs WIN by 7 - 10 points 5 13.89%
Bucs WIN by over 10 points 5 13.89%
Chiefs WIN by 1 - 6 points 3 8.33%
Chiefs WIN by 7 - 10 points 4 11.11%
Chiefs WIN by over 10 points 3 8.33%
Will not really watch game, only commercials 0 0%
I could NOT care less about the SB & football 6 16.67%
What's a Superbowl? 1 2.78%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
Old 02-06-2021, 07:31 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

I think that the Chiefs defense is very under-rated. The shut down Stefan Diggs, the leading pass catcher in the NFL in the AFC championship game. The Bucs DBs are young and inexperienced. I expect Mahomes to have a big game.

And yes, calling Mahomes, the next GOAT is absurd. Yes, he looks great and has been to two super bowls in two years, winning the first. But he needs to play for twenty years at a high level and go to ten super bowls and win at least six and maybe seven of them before he can be considered the greatest of all time. He also needs to break a lot of other records set by Tom Brady.

If he's still around and playing like he is now in 2040, maybe we can consider it then. And quarterbacks like Mahomes that run and scramble a lot don't usually have long careers. One of the reasons that Brady has been so successful is that he doesn't depend on his legs. The first thing to go on an athlete is the legs. When a quarterback depends on his legs a lot, he's not going to be able to play for 20 plus years.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 02-06-2021, 07:46 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,144 Times in 830 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ficoguy View Post
Really getting tired of the media already crowning Mahones and the next greatest of all time...wondering if the narrative is driven by more than his ability.
Please explain to those of us who are slow on the uptake, what factor or factors other than his play are leading to the media praise of Mahomes [not Mahones]. He holds the NFL record for highest career quarterback rating, fastest to 100 TD and to 10,000 yards passing. He has the highest yards passing per game in his career at 307, number two on that list is Brees at 280.

But you have detected something other than his success on the field about Mahomes that you believe plays into the hype. Please explain. I'm sure it is something important that I've missed.

Chiefs 31 Bucs 21 unless it is played in the rain which reverses the score.

Last edited by blueash; 02-06-2021 at 08:16 AM.
Old 02-06-2021, 07:53 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,707 Times in 557 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueash View Post
Please explain to those of us who are slow on the uptake, what factor or factors other than his play are leading the the media praise of Mahomes [not Mahones]. He holds the NFL record for highest career quarterback rating, fastest to 100 TD and to 10,000 yards passing. He has the highest yards passing per game in his career at 307, number two on that list is Brees at 280.

But you have detected something other than his success on the field about Mahomes that you believe plays into the hype. Please explain. I'm sure it something important that I've missed.

Chiefs 31 Bucs 21 unless it is played in the rain which reverses the score.
It doesn't take a lot, for smart people to read between the lines on the comment you've rightfully called out.
Old 02-07-2021, 10:14 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,845 Times in 2,404 Posts

Congratulations. The most losing team in NFL history final won one! Wow, 2 players that made the big difference. I guess Brady can make winners out of any team he plays for.
Old 02-08-2021, 05:16 AM
Sage
Thanked 7,279 Times in 2,480 Posts

Never saw that coming!
About as one sided as it can get.
Well done the 'Old Guys!'
Closed Thread

Tags
final, super, bowl, bucs, result

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.