Builder's new home warranty- Did inspection find problems ?

Closed Thread
Old 09-15-2020, 07:03 AM

Jessie at Integrious Home Services. He found a roof problem and we backed out of our offer.
352-344-3370
Old 09-15-2020, 07:08 AM

We just closed on August 26th. We hired an inspector prior to closing to make sure there were not major problems. We have had almost everything except painting issues fixed already. Part of our contract with him is that he will come back next July to make sure all items were properly fixed and to address any new issues that we may have. The cost was minimal and he found several things that we would not have seen. Well worth the money.
Old 09-15-2020, 07:12 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,470 Times in 611 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rsenholzi View Post
I agree Frank D’Angelo was great but call and get yourself on his schedule well ahead of time. He found a window needed to be replaced even down to nails missing on the roof. Certainly get the inspection , you won’t be sorry
We used Frank 6 years ago, just before our new home warranty expired (Yes get on his schedule EARLY, as he books a lot..). Fortunately we had very few items to fix - Builder did a great job. FRANK IS THE BEST! and a very small price to pay for peace of mind, better safe than sorry,
Old 09-15-2020, 07:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvbird View Post
For the many of you who have bought new home construction south of Rt 44-- - Did you hire someone to inspect your new home before the 1 year warranty period ended ? Were problems discovered that had to be fixed? Did you wait until the year was almost up ? We're planning to wait until at least 60 days before our closing anniversary. Will also try to hire someone who knows what to look at and where to look.
You will have defects in my case they did not fix my defects inspector sent directly and they fixed only half. When they don’t fix things priority they close the work order then you have to call back to request same order again it’s being on a hamster wheel
Old 09-15-2020, 07:35 AM

Smart, should inspect prior to buying!
Old 09-15-2020, 07:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
I would recommend you call Frank D'Angelo, 352-250-7818, and get on his inspection schedule, so he can do your inspection before the warranty expires. There are other inspectors, but he is one of the most popular and probably the best. He will find items to fix and the builder will take all of his comments seriously.
Agree on getting Frank.
Call him several months BEFORE your year..he’s popular.
You’ll want the inspection closer to than the 1 year date than too early.
Old 09-15-2020, 08:46 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,016 Times in 1,010 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunny2403 View Post
I am purchasing a villa soon and need to have it inspected quickly. Would appreciate any recommendations
Jeff Asbach, will locate # for you asap
Old 09-15-2020, 08:50 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,016 Times in 1,010 Posts

Jeff Asbach Home Inspections, LLC
3223 Zipperer Way
the Villages, 32163

352-748-2008
Asbachhomes@aol.com
Old 09-15-2020, 08:58 AM

Used his service as quoted. What he missed was insufficient insulation over one room (guest rm) and shingle problem (eventual leak). Both cost to fix 500 to insulate properly I even noticed that when I went into the attic (he did same?) and 200 for the shingle leak which took time to show inside the living room ceiling. The guy who fixed it also found other issues with the shingles when up there like nails protruding which were fixed. The inspector did go up on the roof and walked it but didn't notice these?
Of course the original inspection report had minor issues that were fixed. One I complained about outside the report
Just saying.
Old 09-15-2020, 09:04 AM
Default Frank D'Angelo

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadoiron View Post
Used his service as quoted. What he missed was insufficient insulation over one room (guest rm) and shingle problem (eventual leak). Both cost to fix 500 to insulate properly I even noticed that when I went into the attic (he did same?) and 200 for the shingle leak which took time to show inside the living room ceiling. The guy who fixed it also found other issues with the shingles when up there like nails protruding which were fixed. The inspector did go up on the roof and walked it but didn't notice these?
Of course the original inspection report had minor issues that were fixed. One I complained about outside the report
Just saying.
Frank D'ANGELO
Old 09-15-2020, 09:09 AM
Veteran member

We’ve been having things fixed as soon as we find them. Had to have one problem reported a couple of times cause it wasn’t fixed the first time. A couple months before the end of the one year mark we plan to have the place inspected just to be sure we didn’t miss anything.
Old 09-15-2020, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvbird View Post
For the many of you who have bought new home construction south of Rt 44-- - Did you hire someone to inspect your new home before the 1 year warranty period ended ? Were problems discovered that had to be fixed? Did you wait until the year was almost up ? We're planning to wait until at least 60 days before our closing anniversary. Will also try to hire someone who knows what to look at and where to look.
I had Frank D'Angelo do an inspection just shy of 1 month before my 1 year Builder's warranty was up. He discovered several small roof issues that I would never have known about as I would never have gotten up on my roof. Also, several other issues I would have never known about. He di
d the inspection, submitted the report to the Warranty Dept. and off we went with the influx of contractors showing up to repair things. And I didn't have to do anything. It was well worth the cost of the inspection. I can't speak for any of the other inspectors that work here, but I can tell you Frank D'Angelo was terrific. He is very busy and if you decide to use him, get on his schedule as soon as you can. You can book it out closer to your Warranty deadline but call him to make the appointment. You will not be sorry!
Old 09-15-2020, 09:45 AM

A friend of mine bought a home there and the water bill was very high for the reclaimed water 75k + gallons with watering only 2 days a week for 30 minutes people were called out a few times and blamed it on sprinkler heads which they charged to fix the water bill still increasing this time with the sprinkler system turned off they sent someone else they said nothing wrong puddling of water was only because of heavy rains. then finally they sent someone else out there this person found the leak just under the slab of the side porch the builder installed during construction believe it or not they said it was because of the person mowing the grass CHARGE $350.00 and said landscaping only warrantied for 60 days after the sale. How is this considered landscaping? the warranty department does not stand up to the 1 year warranty
Old 09-15-2020, 09:49 AM

I moved in above 466a and I walked around the house every month and found a dozen items that needed attention. Made the call in and two days later it was fixed. Then had someone in at the last month to inspect and he found a dozen more. He wrote them up and made the call. Great.
Old 09-15-2020, 10:17 AM
Default New home inspection

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michread View Post
Do you do a home inspection before closing on a new built home?
There are a few items that you should be aware of that must be handled quickly, it may be 30 days. A general list is cosmetic and outside property/grass/etc. but pay attention to the paperwork given to you to cover everything. The other stuff can be handled along the way to the 1 year mark.
We used Frank D'Angelo, 352-250-7818 but as mentioned at least get on his schedule early before the anniversary. He provided a full written report of both warranty items, which he submitted to the warranty department for us, and a report indicating things he found that we should keep an eye on or do something with that were not covered by the TV warranty.
Closed Thread

Tags
hire, home, year, wait, problems

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.