» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Closed Thread

Handicap parking for golf carts
Old 02-13-2017, 05:00 PM

Default Handicap parking for golf carts

I notice more and more golf carts parking in handicapped parking spots. As a driver with a permit to park in those spots I wanted to get a permit for my golf cart. At the DMV, they told me that the Handicap spots are not for golf carts and I couldn t get a permit. I wonder if anyone else knows this as I see more and more carts in those spots.

Last edited by WAC2371; 02-13-2017 at 05:36 PM.

Old 02-13-2017, 07:15 PM
Gold member

I think you might want to ask the question again. I could not find anything on FL laws but I do think golf carts displaying a valid placard and being used by the person the placard was given to should be able to park in a handicap space. After all the type of transportation does not have anything to do with the persons right to use a parking space they qualified for.
Sponsored Links
Old 02-13-2017, 09:01 PM
Platinum member

Be careful when using your placard on a golf cart. They do get stolen and the police don't really enforce. You can get an additional placard and severely tape it to your cart, almost make it permanent. I have made a suggestion at the County Services Center that the State develop a decal that can be affixed and they suggested I pursue with my State Representative. Since I rarely have difficulty finding a shared space for my cart, even in season, I elected not to do that, but it was the direction I was given.

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 02-14-2017, 11:27 AM

Thanks or the response, and again when I asked at the DMV, I was told there was no permit got a gift cart because they were not suppose to use those spots. I agree that a handicapped person with a permit should be allowed to park there. I just don't want anyone to get a $250 fine.
Old 02-14-2017, 08:52 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WAC2371 View Post
Thanks or the response, and again when I asked at the DMV, I was told there was no permit got a gift cart because they were not suppose to use those spots. I agree that a handicapped person with a permit should be allowed to park there. I just don't want anyone to get a $250 fine.
The information in my post came from the same place as your's came from, so we are getting conflicting information?

Berks County Pennsylvania
Closed Thread

Tags
carts, spots, golf, permit, parking