home purchase for son

Closed Thread
Old 08-13-2017, 04:35 PM
Email Reported As Spam
Default home purchase for son

I just purchased a home for my son. He is 43 with special needs and I will be leasing home to him. Will we be able to obtain resident ID for him?
Thank you
Old 08-13-2017, 04:56 PM
Gold member

Yes
Old 08-13-2017, 05:52 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Location: Drayton Plains, MI, Vietnam, Waterford, MI, Pennacamp, Fernandina, Duval, 1 retired in Richmond
Thanked 1,587 Times in 566 Posts

Yes you have to turn in the IDS for the home and have a residence pass for him. There are a couple of ways to do it. You can have one that you do yearly if you'd like, or you can actually have one set up for 3 years so you do not have continually to renew it. Contact the office in Spanish Springs and they will help you do everything.
Old 08-13-2017, 06:57 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Just curious on how the over 55 requirement works in the villages. 20% of the homes can be occupied by residences(all) under 55 so do you just apply for a waiver or do they have requirements you have to meet in order to get a waiver?
Old 08-13-2017, 07:11 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Location: Drayton Plains, MI, Vietnam, Waterford, MI, Pennacamp, Fernandina, Duval, 1 retired in Richmond
Thanked 1,587 Times in 566 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjm1cc View Post
Just curious on how the over 55 requirement works in the villages. 20% of the homes can be occupied by residences(all) under 55 so do you just apply for a waiver or do they have requirements you have to meet in order to get a waiver?
No waiver our oldest is 46 and looking here, TV told him they are no where close to the 20%
Old 08-14-2017, 04:50 AM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelegges View Post
Yes you have to turn in the IDS for the home and have a residence pass for him. There are a couple of ways to do it. You can have one that you do yearly if you'd like, or you can actually have one set up for 3 years so you do not have continually to renew it. Contact the office in Spanish Springs and they will help you do everything.
Go to the Spanish Springs office for the yearly pass. It will cost $50 each year and is a paper type pass. Go to the office at Lake Sumter Landing above Johnny Rocket's for the three-year pass. The entrance is in the passageway to the parking lot by Starbucks. This is a blue plastic pass with picture and, I believe, costs $25.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 08-14-2017, 09:48 AM
Sage
Location: Summer at the Jersey Shore, Fall in New England [Maine], Winter in TV!

Quote:
Have been told that the %ages are verified by keeping a tally according to IDs that are issued since the ID application requires providing birth dates.

Old 08-14-2017, 12:06 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

Quote:
This is the most misunderstood thing that I've ever heard of in my life. People who know keep posting it and yet misinformation is prevalent.

The law states that in order to qualify as an "Over 55" or retirement community at least 80% OF THE HOMES must be occupied BY AT LEAST ONE PERSON over the age of 55. That's it.

There is no 20% requirement or 80% of the population requirement.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 08-14-2017, 12:17 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,743 Times in 1,383 Posts

Quote:
There are no age restrictions on resale homes.
80-20 is much talked about......not a reality....and I would not guess in which direction.

No monitoring/no enforcement/no problem.
Old 08-14-2017, 01:04 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by billethkid View Post
There are no age restrictions on resale homes.
80-20 is much talked about......not a reality....and I would not guess in which direction.

No monitoring/no enforcement/no problem.
Oh, it is monitored. HUD requires the community to provide updates bi-annually. If The Villages is found to be outside the parameters it will lose it's status as an age restricted community forever. It would't be long after that before we would have families with small children moving in.
Old 08-14-2017, 04:05 PM
Sage
Location: NJ, NM, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NY, CA, ID and finally FL.
Thanked 4,572 Times in 1,748 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapscallion St Croix View Post
Oh, it is monitored. HUD requires the community to provide updates bi-annually. If The Villages is found to be outside the parameters it will lose it's status as an age restricted community forever. It would't be long after that before we would have families with small children moving in.
I do not know if the Wikipedia short version of what happened is accurate but the first age restricted retirement community in the United States, Youngtown, AZ, did lose or give up its age restricted status. Youngtown, Arizona - Wikipedia

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine
Old 08-14-2017, 07:27 PM
Email Reported As Spam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapscallion St Croix View Post
already happening and has for sometime... forget over 55, 20% etc when it comes to money it has no age.. sellers will sell to an buyer the rules be damned.Renting is another loop hole
Old 08-14-2017, 07:29 PM
Email Reported As Spam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunzl1951 View Post
I just purchased a home for my son. He is 43 with special needs and I will be leasing home to him. Will we be able to obtain resident ID for him?
Thank you
it would seem you would be able to obtain a three year ID Card for your son since you are the deed owner. Once the home is deeded to him he gets a permanent ID
Closed Thread

Tags
home, son, leasing, resident, obtain

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.