Lamp post House Signs-Vendor Options?

Closed Thread
Old 02-04-2022, 10:00 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,980 Times in 713 Posts

I feel Jackie’s is the most popular. We have ordered a couple signs from them and they installed the post sign for us. Very happy with them. As said, ordering something they need to create will take longer.
Old 02-04-2022, 10:44 AM
Soaring Eagle member

When it comes to custom order graphic designs, if you know what you're doing extra lead time should be measured in hours, not weeks.
Old 02-04-2022, 10:53 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,587 Times in 5,184 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indydealmaker View Post
When it comes to custom order graphic designs, if you know what you're doing extra lead time should be measured in hours, not weeks.
I agree. If a local vendor can't do the job in a few days, they are probably using an online service, and adding a profit. Why not just deal directly with an online vendor?
Old 02-04-2022, 11:06 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,858 Times in 784 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Good Golly View Post
I've ordered from "Signs by Jackie" as I had a certificate from my realtor after we bought a villa last summer.

I provided the graphic for the design (I'm a designer) and I didn't order anything complicated. It was not a great experience customer service wise but I proceeded to order. I went to pay and afterward was told the time frame for delivery is 10-12 weeks! I was assuming it was up to 3 weeks as their website stated. Not happy.

Any suggestions on vendors for address and name signs for the lamp post in TV, with a timely turnaround? I'm thinking of canceling that order.
There are a lot of companies on eBay that sell metal signs with names and addresses of your choice. Different companies may have different designs. When I moved here, I chose one that had a design I liked, typed in what I wanted on the sign, and paid. The sign arrived much faster than promised, and I was very pleased with the quality.
Old 02-04-2022, 11:40 AM

We used Bob Martin Signs and were very happy. We basically put together our own sign with the company's software and a week or two after we placed the order our sign was up on our light post.
Old 02-04-2022, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP View Post
What's the difference. 3 weeks...3 months...
About 10 weeks.
Old 02-04-2022, 04:53 PM
Platinum member
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor View Post
That is what happens when you get something that is not standard. They actually do great work with their standard inventory selections, and it is usually installed in less than two weeks. Don't blame them for the delay. If you go to McDonald's and order a 1/4 pounder with ketchup, no onions, no mustard...the same thing happens.
Yep, I've had to wait 3 months for my quarter pounder before...
Old 02-04-2022, 05:29 PM
Default Lamp post signs

Ace hardware- we used the one on Bichara Blvd

Quote:
I've ordered from "Signs by Jackie" as I had a certificate from my realtor after we bought a villa last summer.

I provided the graphic for the design (I'm a designer) and I didn't order anything complicated. It was not a great experience customer service wise but I proceeded to order. I went to pay and afterward was told the time frame for delivery is 10-12 weeks! I was assuming it was up to 3 weeks as their website stated. Not happy.

Any suggestions on vendors for address and name signs for the lamp post in TV, with a timely turnaround? I'm thinking of canceling that order.
Old 02-04-2022, 08:26 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by donfey View Post
Jackie did fine by us. Prettiest sign on the block.
Did fine by us, too. When the generic sign gifted to us by the Properties of The Villages sales person failed after Hurricane Irma, we went to Jackie's with a custom graphic design and they created and installed it within a few weeks.

Now things are different. The influx of so many people south of Hwy 44 isn't matched by an increased supplier base. Everything has slowed down when it comes to finding skilled labor. Not only new residents but all of us are experiencing the same thing. I would advise the OP to be patient. It's simply the times you''re living in.
Old 02-04-2022, 08:29 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkjelenbaas View Post
What came up when you did a google? Just curious.
Google seems to be your answer for everything. For those looking for local resources, not so much.
Old 02-04-2022, 09:08 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,437 Times in 3,081 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carla B View Post
Google seems to be your answer for everything. For those looking for local resources, not so much.
Sure it is. You type in

lamp post signs near me

If you're looking to buy anything, you just add "near me" to the end of your search string, and the first results will be whatever is available near you.
Old 02-04-2022, 11:05 PM
Sage
Thanked 8,244 Times in 4,279 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby View Post
Sure it is. You type in

lamp post signs near me

If you're looking to buy anything, you just add "near me" to the end of your search string, and the first results will be whatever is available near you.
You have to make sure your "location" is turned on...

-Tom Petty
Old 02-05-2022, 07:26 PM
Default Lamp Post Signs

Quote:

Bob Martin’s Signs. Two week wait, $60. Our names, house number & two palm trees. He prints a full-page picture for your approval before making it, hangs it himself in your yard.
Old 02-06-2022, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Okay, thanks. I wish it was updated on their website or mentioned right up front.
I am sure as with any custom work the delivery time will vary by how busy they are, and how custom the work is that is required.

This would be difficult to provide as a part of their website so I believe posting a time for a standard sign is very appropriate.
Old 02-06-2022, 12:00 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geodyssey View Post
About 10 weeks.
True dat

Tags
order, lamp, weeks, post, signs

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.