New Home inspection

Closed Thread
Old 08-13-2011, 09:59 AM
Default New Home inspection

We will be in our new home sometime next year. Yeah!! I am wondering about whether or not during the warranty period, I should hire an independent home inspector. Any feedback as to what some of you may have done and your pros and cons. Thank you !!!
Old 08-13-2011, 11:01 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott8147 View Post
We will be in our new home sometime next year. Yeah!! I am wondering about whether or not during the warranty period, I should hire an independent home inspector. Any feedback as to what some of you may have done and your pros and cons. Thank you !!!
I think that is a great idea. Some folks have posted before on using a home inspector. We will likely do that. We have a long list of things that need to be corrected, but the list keeps getting longer. SO, we are going to wait a little while longer before we get an inspector.
Old 08-13-2011, 12:36 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Unknown Unknowns- Rumsfeld

We had an inspection at one year. Found six or seven things we did not even suspect. Sent E-mail report to Warranty Dept. Everything was corrected in three days. Never saw a better process and we have owned six homes up north. Unless you have built houses yourself, I would suggest you hire an inspector.
Old 08-13-2011, 01:16 PM
Default Home Inspector

Allied who advertises on TOTV is very good.
Old 12-28-2011, 08:21 PM

CHALLENGER - who did you use for your home inspection? MDFROG suggested Allied. Anyone know of any other VERY good one?
The Villages
Old 12-28-2011, 08:29 PM
Default I sent you a private message

Quote:
Originally Posted by goingtothevillages;***501
CHALLENGER - who did you use for your home inspection? MDFROG suggested Allied. Anyone know of any other VERY good one?
Check your private messages.
Old 12-29-2011, 05:53 AM
Send a message via Yahoo to babbs455
Default home inspections

call Ron Roosa from Lake county home inspections in lady lake not sure of his number but you can google him and it will pop up...
Old 12-29-2011, 06:55 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,506 Times in 1,906 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Ladydoc.

You can have these things taken care of as you find them. Just call the warrenty department.

There were some minor things like inadequate paint around the glass on the French doors and the chip the movers took out of the front stoop. Areas on the garage door we thought needed repainting. The refrigerator making a funny noise. They fixed 'em right away.
Old 01-03-2013, 02:47 PM
Platinum member

I contacted an inspector during the first month we owned our place, and he suggested that since we have a one year warranty, I should only pay him once, which meant waiting until near the end of the first year and then have him inspect. Of course this does not apply to obvious stuff that you discover without the inspector, like the heat doesnt work, etc.
Old 01-03-2013, 05:01 PM
TOTV SPONSOR

Your question is a common one, and one I am happy to answer.

While some folks do hire a Professional Home Inspector during the building process once the home is built they generally wait until a month or so before the one year warranty is up and then call me.

I have done many one year warranty inspections in The Villages, and have been a long time poster and ad sponsor here on TOTV. I am a fully insured and licensed Florida Home Inspector and also an ASHI Home Inspector.

I do my warranty inspections just as thoroughly as I do a prospective buyer Home Inspection....actually even more so since I also look closely for even slight cosmetic issues that normally fall outside the scope of a "new buyer" inspection. I walk the roof, crawl through the attic, check your electrical panel box, your A/C unit, as well as the plumbing, structure, electrical, kitchen, appliances, insulation, windows, exterior, etc,etc......even your sprinkler system. I listen to the homeowner and include anything they have found during the time they have lived there also.

Many times I find problems related where after the home was built the homeowner hires other contractors to do extra things like speaker systems, solar tubes, etc.

The inspection is quite extensive. I am usually at the home inspecting between 3-4 hours. I then complete a typically over 30 page report along with a summary of problems and concerns with many pictures, etc. The homeowner gets a copy of this and I also e-mail a PDF report of ALL problems and concerns, etc, directly to the The Villages Warranty Dept.

The homeowner needs to do nothing but answer the phone the day or so after when the Warranty Dept will call you to schedule any needed repairs, etc. My report along with detailed pictures and descriptions of all problems ensure the Warranty Dept has a clear understanding of what needs to be done. Of course, I am always available to help if any clarification is needed.

I did a Warranty Inspection just 2 weeks ago where I found two significant issues on the roof and 2 areas in the attic where insulation was moved and never replaced, so there was no insulation in two areas of the ceiling. A homeowner usually would not find these unless they walked all around the roof and the attic and knew what to look for.
It was rewarding to know the homeowner was going to get these things taken care of right away at no cost to them.

I hope that helps. Feel free to contact me with any other questions or concerns either here on TOTV, e-mail or by phone.

Respectfully,

Frank D'Angelo
352-250-7818
Frank@DangeloInspections.com

www. TheVillagesHomeInspector .com (spaces only added so it did not automatically make the link.) Here is the link below;
D'Angelo Inspections LLC | Serving The Villages, Leesburg, Clermont, and Surrounding Areas 352-250-7818
Old 01-03-2013, 05:58 PM

Myself & 5 other people that I know had Walter Asbach (352-391-5800). He's bonded,insured & has a few initials after his name. Did a thorough job & found about 14 MINOR problems in my cottage home. He emailed the problems to the warranty dept. & ALL was repaired in 5 days. The BEST $150.00 I ever spent!
Old 02-15-2013, 08:19 AM
Default home inspections

Be careful who you choose, we had a terrible experience, and once they have your money, they don't care. Ask lots of questions before selecting a house inspector, and ask for references, it is worth it
Old 02-15-2013, 11:03 AM

Use the Village Home Inspector- 352-446-5028- for all of your inspections needs. He is very thourough and uses an infra red camera to see between walls, celings. He found many areas of missing insulation and water damage behind my bathroom walls. He is an approved inspector on the approved Villages list.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.