Is a termite policy really needed?

Closed Thread
Old 02-13-2020, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatorbill1 View Post
Not true - when you sell a house you must only have a clean termite inspection, normally done with a regular house inspection. Have sold 5 homes since I moved to Florida 40 years ago and never used termite company rip-off. Always sprayed my own home, never had termites or bugs.
This is a correct statement. All is needed is a so called clean WDI inspection report. Not proof of a past treatment. A past treatment should be a red flag to people. Was there actually termites? How bad? Was there any damage? Was that damage repaired? You see. Just a clean WDI is the best news of all.
Old 02-13-2020, 10:26 AM
Default termite protection

We have lived in Florida for 39 years and been in five homes had termites in two of those. In one of the house it was treated but we still got termites they came back each time and paid for all the damages after three times of treating they finally drilled inside the home. This house was a cement block house so yes we have our house with a protection termite
Old 02-13-2020, 12:24 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Default Ohiobuckeye

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedChariot View Post
Massey estimate for their termite prevention is costly. If you include both types of termites it's higher. Plus additional yearly fee.
Do we really need this? How often do the houses here get attacked by termites? Our home is stucco built with cinder block.
Are there other companies that offer this at a better price?
Good question redchariot ! What would termites destroy in your home. I also think they hang drywall on Aluminum framing. Personally I’ve always sprayed Ortho Bug Destroyer all around my home & even under sinks. Yea, I know some people will say they spray in wall somehow but I have Aluminum framing to. Not say you couldn’t get termites but after over 20 yrs. I haven’t been ate out of my house yet & even after having lived in over 15 new homes & 15 structure inspections I’ve had 1 inspector ever say I had termites or any other kind of bug. So use you gut feeling & do what you think & hope there’s NO cement steel eating termites out there! I’m just telling you what I think & my experiences.
Old 02-13-2020, 10:03 PM

I use deans. For all pest
Old 02-14-2020, 06:05 AM

It happened to us with Dean's Services spraying our bushes. Caught on camera and witnessed by myself.
What a scam.......pull up with the truck take out the hose spray 3-4 bushes and run and billed for 4 minutes work.
Fired them immediately called district manger and general manager and was refunded the cost of service.
Would not recommend this company and questioned how many time have they done this to us.
When asked, they did not have an answer and caught in the act!
Closed Thread

Tags
termites, termite, houses, attacked, home

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.