TV Fire Department

Closed Thread
Old 09-14-2018, 04:40 PM
Default TV Fire Department

So, what do you do when you have to replace your smoke/CO detector? You call the fire department and get the model number to purchase a new one at Loew's. Then, call them back and some one will come and install it for you. That happened for me today. As it turned out, the whole fire department showed up!!! Indeed!! There were five of them and all looked about 18. They played with the cat, got the ladder out and put it back and the installation may have taken all of five minutes. They even brought the big red truck! WOW!! The downside was that no one in the neighborhood even knew they were there. So, as a favor they turned the siren on low for about three seconds as they pulled away!! If you live on Dalkeith Terrace, you missed it! Thanks so much for the great guys and the great service. We do indeed have the best on our side!!

Last edited by AnnGill; 09-14-2018 at 04:53 PM.
Old 09-14-2018, 04:46 PM

They love fresh baked chocolate chip cookies if you want to drop a couple of dozen off at the firehouse. White chocolate chip and macadamia nut cookies are a guarantee they will come back when needed.
Old 09-14-2018, 05:57 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,996 Times in 2,197 Posts

Interesting, I only thought they replaced batteries. I just replaced all of mine and I am now trying to figure out how to recycle these, I may not be around for the hazardous waste event.
Old 09-14-2018, 09:07 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,302 Times in 865 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagetinker View Post
Interesting, I only thought they replaced batteries. I just replaced all of mine and I am now trying to figure out how to recycle these, I may not be around for the hazardous waste event.
I will be taking a bunch of stuff in November so if you want me to pick up your stuff I will be happy to do that.

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 09-15-2018, 10:31 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,996 Times in 2,197 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoMar View Post
I will be taking a bunch of stuff in November so if you want me to pick up your stuff I will be happy to do that.
Fantastic, I will send a PM.
Old 09-15-2018, 01:05 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by anngill View Post
so, what do you do when you have to replace your smoke/co detector? You call the fire department and get the model number to purchase a new one at loew's. Then, call them back and some one will come and install it for you. That happened for me today. As it turned out, the whole fire department showed up!!! Indeed!! There were five of them and all looked about 18. They played with the cat, got the ladder out and put it back and the installation may have taken all of five minutes. They even brought the big red truck! Wow!! The downside was that no one in the neighborhood even knew they were there. So, as a favor they turned the siren on low for about three seconds as they pulled away!! If you live on dalkeith terrace, you missed it! Thanks so much for the great guys and the great service. We do indeed have the best on our side!!
nice.
Closed Thread

Tags
department, fire, back, great, call

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.