Walmart Gas Prices

Closed Thread
Old 03-25-2018, 02:35 PM
Default Walmart Gas Prices

For those of you who live around the new Walmart 'Neighborhood' Market in back of Sarasota Golf Course, I just want to warn you that if you are expecting this Walmart to reflect the gas prices that most all other Walmart gas stations have, which are typically 10 to 15 cents less than most other gas prices and are usually in line with Sam's Club gas prices. Your expectation will NOT be met. This so called 'neighborhood market' is gouging Villagers like all of the other gas stations along 466A to the tune of 10-15 cents more than Sam's Club and other gas stations along 466 and 301.

I would recommend that you do NOT buy gas at this Walmart and continue as I will do going to more reasonably priced gas stations along 301, 466 and Sam's Club.

Walmart is supposed to be priced for the common people except, it seems unless they are located near the Villages!! Shame on Walmart!!!
Old 03-25-2018, 03:26 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roninsan007 View Post
For those of you who live around the new Walmart 'Neighborhood' Market in back of Sarasota Golf Course, I just want to warn you that if you are expecting this Walmart to reflect the gas prices that most all other Walmart gas stations have, which are typically 10 to 15 cents less than most other gas prices and are usually in line with Sam's Club gas prices. Your expectation will NOT be met. This so called 'neighborhood market' is gouging Villagers like all of the other gas stations along 466A to the tune of 10-15 cents more than Sam's Club and other gas stations along 466 and 301.

I would recommend that you do NOT buy gas at this Walmart and continue as I will do going to more reasonably priced gas stations along 301, 466 and Sam's Club.

Walmart is supposed to be priced for the common people except, it seems unless they are located near the Villages!! Shame on Walmart!!!
We noticed this too, and were disappointed. We had hoped Walmart would undercut Shell and Marathon and bring the prices down on 466A. Now we're hoping the new station in Trailwinds might. If not, we'll continue to go to Fruitland Park or 301. And couldn't one of these places put in a car wash? Sheesh.
Old 03-25-2018, 03:55 PM
Default We do not purchase off brand gas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roninsan007 View Post

Truth is all gasoline comes out of the same pipe the difference is the additive package that is added to it.

The difference is what is called the detergent package. You likely have fuel injection-it must be kept clean.

According to my reading, of the gasoline available around here SHELL AND CHEVRON have the best detergent packages.

FREEDOM OF CHOICE.
Old 03-25-2018, 05:54 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

On Gasbuddy.com at this very moment, regular gas;

Walmart $2.46
Marathon 466A $2.43
Shell Colony $2.53
Sam's Club $2.43
Race Trac $2.44
Circle K BP 441 $2.44
Shell Southern Trace $2.33
Murphy on 466 $2.33
WaWa $2.33

I really don't see that big a deal, to save a dime a gallon I've got to drive 9 miles each way to 466 to buy my gas. It looks like Walmart is inline with the 441 dealers plus I prefer the convenience of Walmart or Marathon here in the southern area. Also with Walmart grocery stores, you'll save much more over Publix or Winn Dixie. I'll take the Walmart store and gas station anyday.

GasBuddy: For the Perfect Pit Stop
Old 03-25-2018, 08:33 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,302 Times in 865 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_W View Post

Walmart $2.46
Marathon 466A $2.43
Shell Colony $2.53
Sam's Club $2.43
Race Trac $2.44
Circle K BP 441 $2.44
Murphy on 466 $2.33
WaWa $2.33

I really don't see that big a deal, to save a dime a gallon I've got to drive 9 miles each way to 466 to buy my gas. It looks like Walmart is inline with the 441 dealers plus I prefer the convenience of Walmart or Marathon here in the southern area. Also with Walmart grocery stores, you'll save much more over Publix or Winn Dixie. I'll take the Walmart store and gas station anyday.

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 03-25-2018, 08:55 PM
Gold member

The price setter for awhile along CR 466 was Murphy Gas across from Walmart until Wawa opened at intersection of Hwy 301 and 466. Now they set the price that Murphy and Circle K Shell on CR 466 follow.It has been some time since brand loyalty was important. Now gasoline is viewed as a commodity by many and price is the main factor in buying decisions. Not to say that folks would drive a great distance to purchase a lower priced gas.
Old 03-26-2018, 06:56 AM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 3,092 Times in 1,327 Posts

Marathon is owned by a villager, SO they get my business. I try to always support locals.
Old 03-26-2018, 07:15 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,412 Times in 5,105 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetruth View Post
Truth is all gasoline comes out of the same pipe the difference is the additive package that is added to it.

The difference is what is called the detergent package. You likely have fuel injection-it must be kept clean.

According to my reading, of the gasoline available around here SHELL AND CHEVRON have the best detergent packages.

FREEDOM OF CHOICE.
I'm skeptical. How do you really know what is in the gas? I use whatever gas is available, and I have not had a problem with my fuel injectors for at least 20 years. And, what cars don't have fuel injectors?
Old 03-26-2018, 07:34 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,743 Times in 1,383 Posts

For those who think their brand is different than the next brand, all one has to do is drive by a gasoline tank farm distribution center. Every summer we have occasion to be near the one in Knoxville, TN.

And see all the different brand tankers in line waiting to be filled from the same loading nozzles.
Old 03-26-2018, 05:44 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_W View Post

Walmart $2.46
Marathon 466A $2.43
Shell Colony $2.53
Sam's Club $2.43
Race Trac $2.44
Circle K BP 441 $2.44
Murphy on 466 $2.33
WaWa $2.33

Your post is spot on ...did your homework Perfect Post ..Thank You
Old 03-26-2018, 06:20 PM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,297 Times in 535 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by billethkid View Post
For those who think their brand is different than the next brand, all one has to do is drive by a gasoline tank farm distribution center. Every summer we have occasion to be near the one in Knoxville, TN.

And see all the different brand tankers in line waiting to be filled from the same loading nozzles.
You are spot on. Gasoline comes from a refinery to the tank farm And the refineries are not that many in the United States due to environmental considerations. In recent years, instead of building a new refinery, they have expanded the older ones. The main difference is the amount of octane and the different ones will be put in different tanks at the tank farm. I buy the cheaper gas using the octane required for my car.

Tags
gas, walmart, stations, prices, club

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.