Request re: blocking DMs

Closed Thread
Old 06-26-2020, 10:11 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,496 Times in 3,100 Posts
Default Request re: blocking DMs

I believe I've created a thread about this in the past, but maybe never actually asked the admin if it could be done or if they are able to implement it and would consider doing so.

I'm not interested in putting people on ignore, JUST so they can't send me private messages. I also don't want to create a "contact list" of everyone EXCEPT the few people I don't want sending me private messages.

I just want to block certain specific users from sending me private messages. There should be a way to do this, in the same way you might "unsubscribe" from receiving certain types of e-mails from a website, but not all e-mails from that website.

I should be able to "opt out" of specific member private messages, and still be able to read their posts on the forum.

I understand there is no way of doing that at this time. I'm asking the admin to look into implementing this, and considering actually doing so.
Old 06-26-2020, 12:28 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,901 Times in 914 Posts

Absolutely support this software design. There are people who feel threatened with different opinions from theirs, and who use intimidation DMs as they think they can control or silence their cognitive dissonance, when posts disagree with their perceptions.

I have blocked one idiot, who has no concept of reality, and who uses convenient word twisting for out of context interpretations to make his/her point. Alas, dealing with all humans is tough, and some of us might have a higher level of information than others, with more education, more experiences, more grey matter, whatever the difference. But we are not all equal as individuals. . . and this theory is a working theory which displaces dogmatic theory:

Everyone wants everyone else to be treated equal, but the individual wants to be treated as special.

So count me in for this upgrade if possible.

sportsguy
Closed Thread

Tags
messages, private, sending, e-mails, people

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.