CDC Clarifies Letter to Cruise Lines

Closed Thread
Old 04-30-2021, 04:14 PM
TOTV SPONSOR
Default CDC Clarifies Letter to Cruise Lines

CDC Clarifies Letter to Cruise Lines

The CDC issued a clarification of their letter to the cruise lines to Cruise Industry News this afternoon and stated that it looks at a timeline of passenger voyages by mid-July.

According to Caitlin Shockey, CDC spokesperson, over the past month, senior leadership from the CDC has met twice-weekly with representatives from cruise lines to discuss the Framework for Conditional Sailing Order (CSO). Within these meetings, participants asked questions and discussed the fastest path back to sailing without compromising safety, she said. Today, in response to the industry’s feedback, the CDC announced five key clarifications with the existing CSO framework.

CLICK HERE TO READ MORE
www.omnitours.travel
Have you ever thought about a River Cruise? Click below for our River Cruise Website:
www.vikingrivercruises.com/myagent/omnitours

Last edited by OmniTours; 04-30-2021 at 06:54 PM.
Old 04-30-2021, 05:49 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,743 Times in 1,383 Posts

Proof of vaccination required!
Old 05-01-2021, 08:18 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,939 Times in 5,278 Posts

When they start up again and we do not need to wear masks on board we will be booking several.

Hopefully they will not require us to only get off the ship with cruise line tours. If so can deal with that for a time.

For caribbean we prefer going on our own to beaches coming and going as we please.
Old 05-01-2021, 08:35 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu from NYC View Post
Hopefully they will not require us to only get off the ship with cruise line tours. If so can deal with that for a time.
We have taken only two "cruise line" tours. The first was okay but overpriced, and we spent half of the time waiting for people to get on and off the bus. The second was basically a bus ride to the mall, going past the local points of interest but not stopping to enjoy them. Never again!

I have heard that this restriction is designed to prevent passengers bringing the virus back on to the ship (rather than taking it off the ship into the local community) but one would think (with everyone fully vaccinated) that using lateral flow tests before reboarding would suffice (if the cruise lines really want to lift the restriction!)
Old 05-01-2021, 09:14 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arctic Fox View Post
We have taken only two "cruise line" tours. The first was okay but overpriced, and we spent half of the time waiting for people to get on and off the bus. The second was basically a bus ride to the mall, going past the local points of interest but not stopping to enjoy them. Never again!

I have heard that this restriction is designed to prevent passengers bringing the virus back on to the ship (rather than taking it off the ship into the local community) but one would think (with everyone fully vaccinated) that using lateral flow tests before reboarding would suffice (if the cruise lines really want to lift the restriction!)
Since cruise lines typically mark up tours 100% they will want to do this for our "protection". They already use scare tactics that we will miss the ship if we go off on our own. Just use common sense and get back well before sail time.

Would much rather go on a tour in a van with say 15 people than a bus with 50 taking forever to unload and than load passengers.
Old 05-01-2021, 09:28 AM
Veteran member

We also for the most part, do not take cruise ship tours. Just to make you aware some cruise lines will match the price of a private tour if you can find it cheaper.

We have a cruise booked to the Caribbean to check the waters so to speak. One of our main questions is will we be able to just get off the ship to walk around on our own.
Old 05-01-2021, 10:01 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2newyorkers View Post
...some cruise lines will match the price of a private tour if you can find it cheaper.
Interesting. I have not heard this before. On which cruise lines have you experienced this?
Old 05-01-2021, 03:19 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,307 Times in 2,026 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by billethkid View Post
Proof of vaccination required!
I read the article twice and didn't see anything that said "proof of vaccination required."

Victor, NY
Randallstown, MD
Yakima, WA
Stevensville, MD
Village of Hillsborough
Old 05-01-2021, 04:38 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Interesting. I have not heard this before. On which cruise lines have you experienced this?
Princess and I also think they give a Veterans discount.
Old 05-01-2021, 04:59 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,743 Times in 1,383 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2newyorkers View Post
Princess and I also think they give a Veterans discount.
Yes Princess gives a veteran's discount.
Old 05-01-2021, 06:15 PM
Sage

Quote:
Carnival will do it but it has to be an exact match. Any slight difference and they will not.

The problem is you go with the cruise line on a large bus.
Old 05-01-2021, 08:36 PM
Veteran member
Location: Dhahran, Duesseldorf, Hemel Hempstead, Phoenix, Grand Rapids, Washington DC, and now TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by billethkid View Post
Yes Princess gives a veteran's discount.
So does Royal and Celebrity..
Old 05-01-2021, 08:37 PM
Veteran member
Location: Dhahran, Duesseldorf, Hemel Hempstead, Phoenix, Grand Rapids, Washington DC, and now TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill14564 View Post
I read the article twice and didn't see anything that said "proof of vaccination required."
Its says the cruiseline must attest that the passengers and crew are vaccinated.

So, yeah, you'll need proof.
Old 05-01-2021, 11:11 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,307 Times in 2,026 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmarkwald View Post
Its says the cruiseline must attest that the passengers and crew are vaccinated.

So, yeah, you'll need proof.
That is an assumption as to what the cruise lines will do in order to make that attestation. It may turn out to be correct but today it is only an assumption.

Victor, NY
Randallstown, MD
Yakima, WA
Stevensville, MD
Village of Hillsborough

Last edited by Bill14564; 05-02-2021 at 07:23 AM. Reason: Better wording
Old 05-02-2021, 05:34 AM

I won’t ever be cruising if vaccine is required for something with a 99.xx% recovery rate & cures that are available. We are being played.
Closed Thread

Tags
cdc, cruise, lines, letter, cso

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.