CDC Significantly Relaxes Cruise Rules for Fully Vaccinated Passengers

Closed Thread
Old 06-01-2021, 07:24 PM
TOTV SPONSOR
Default CDC Significantly Relaxes Cruise Rules for Fully Vaccinated Passengers

CDC Significantly Relaxes Cruise Rules for Fully Vaccinated Passengers

The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has significantly relaxed its cruise ship regulations for passengers and crew that have been vaccinated against COVID-19, paving the way for a quick U.S. restart.

No Masks and Buffet Can Return

The new update issued on Wednesday said that cruise lines may designate areas as only accessible to fully vaccinated passengers and crew where masks and physical distancing are not required.

CLICK HERE TO READ MORE
www.omnitours.travel
Have you ever thought about a River Cruise? Click below for our River Cruise Website:
www.vikingrivercruises.com/myagent/omnitours
Old 06-01-2021, 08:59 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,496 Times in 3,100 Posts

Are cruise lines allowed to require proof of vaccination for Florida cruises yet, or is that still verboten per herr governor? Because if cruise lines aren't allowed to require proof for Florida cruises, then the above post is moot, in Florida.
Old 06-02-2021, 07:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby View Post
Are cruise lines allowed to require proof of vaccination for Florida cruises yet, or is that still verboten per herr governor? Because if cruise lines aren't allowed to require proof for Florida cruises, then the above post is moot, in Florida.
OBB, you're one of the more outspoken ones on TOTV, and clearly you don't agree with herr governor, so I'm begging you to help me understand why it matters if others are vaccinated against covid when you are. I sincerely don't understand why those vaccinated insist all need to be. Actually, I'm baffled as to why. We don't demand proof of vaccination for influenza, measles, mumps, rubella chicken pox, pneumonia, meningitis, etc., we trust our vaccines protect us from contracting those illnesses. Why isn't the C19 vaccine trusted to do same? Thanks in advance.
Old 06-02-2021, 08:18 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,751 Times in 1,386 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Becca9800 View Post
OBB, you're one of the more outspoken ones on TOTV, and clearly you don't agree with herr governor, so I'm begging you to help me understand why it matters if others are vaccinated against covid when you are. I sincerely don't understand why those vaccinated insist all need to be. Actually, I'm baffled as to why. We don't demand proof of vaccination for influenza, measles, mumps, rubella chicken pox, pneumonia, meningitis, etc., we trust our vaccines protect us from contracting those illnesses. Why isn't the C19 vaccine trusted to do same? Thanks in advance.
Maybe some do not want to be on a ship where those who are not vaccinated can become infected and sick, creating isolation and other issues.

Even though vaccinated, I would not want to be on a ship with potential infected passengers.

Would those who for some reason object to required vaccinations also object to being tested....every day?

I am not sure why some object to vaccination "requirements".....it is not a new issue. There have been various shot/vaccination requirements for years for various institutions/countries. No vaccination....no go....pretty simple all these years!!
Old 06-02-2021, 08:24 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
actually, most of us had to show the majority of those vaccinations prior to going to school. even meningitis is required by colleges.

do you remember the Diamond Princess? because of covid on board no country would let them dock....even our own for awhile.

covid transmission allows variants to develop. so the more people vaccinated, the less chance of variants.

I really don't understand why the party that considers corporation to be people doesn't support letting corporations decide their policy.
Old 06-02-2021, 09:52 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
I understand what you were going for but being a German myself I would like to register the fact that I don't like the "Herr governor" crack. No one calls other people by ethnic slurs on this Forum.

And if they try, they will be challenged.
Old 06-02-2021, 09:56 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,319 Times in 462 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
I understand what you were going for but being a German myself I would like to register the fact that I don't like the "Herr governor" crack. No one calls other people by ethnic slurs on this Forum.

Actually she doesn't know what it means or she never would've used it
Old 06-02-2021, 10:17 AM
Sage

Quote:
It doesn't matter to me whether or not YOU are vaccinated. What matters to me, is that the governor shouldn't be dictating to cruise ships which are commercial entities that exist to make a profit, what policies they may or may not have with regards to the safety of their customers and crew.

If they say "everyone must wear red deck shoes or they can't come aboard" then that's the rule. The governor should have NO input on this. At all. It's none of his business.

If the cruise line says "everyone must be able to eat chopped liver and prove it by having a smear on a pumpernickel bagel in order to board" then that's the rule. The governor should have NO input on this. At all. It's none of his business.

And if they say "you must prove that you've been vaccinated against <insert WHATEVER here> then it's none of the governor's business. He should have no input on it at all.
Old 06-02-2021, 10:20 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnevie View Post
actually, most of us had to show the majority of those vaccinations prior to going to school. even meningitis is required by colleges.

do you remember the Diamond Princess? because of covid on board no country would let them dock....even our own for awhile.

covid transmission allows variants to develop. so the more people vaccinated, the less chance of variants.

I really don't understand why the party that considers corporation to be people doesn't support letting corporations decide their policy.
The governor is not forbidding cruise lines from proving vaccinations against ANYTHING except for Covid-19. If a cruise line requires proof of immunity against typhus, the governor has no objection. He has had all these years to come up with regulations like this, and has chosen Covid-19 to plant his battle-flag. It's the wrong hill, it's the wrong flag, and it's the wrong battle.
Old 06-02-2021, 10:23 AM
Sage

Quote:

Being a German yourself, you should know that the word herr is german for Mr.

I'm German. And Russian. And Latvian. It's not an "ethnic" slur. Being German isn't an ethnicity. Yes it's a slur. But it's not an ethnic slur and if you are not a member of the Nazi party, it shouldn't offend you at all. In fact, as a German, you would appreciate the irony and connection. Most of us Germans do.
Old 06-02-2021, 10:24 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,445 Times in 580 Posts

Quote:

I thought you might be American.

According to Webster Dictionary.

Herr noun

plural Herren\ ˌher-​ən , (ˌ)hern \
Definition of Herr
—used among German-speaking people as a title equivalent to Mr.
Old 06-02-2021, 10:29 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,388 Times in 2,066 Posts

Quote:
It doesn't matter to me whether or not YOU are vaccinated. What matters to me, is that the governor shouldn't be dictating to cruise ships which are commercial entities that exist to make a profit, what policies they may or may not have with regards to the safety of their customers and crew.

If they say "everyone must wear red deck shoes or they can't come aboard" then that's the rule. The governor should have NO input on this. At all. It's none of his business.

If the cruise line says "everyone must be able to eat chopped liver and prove it by having a smear on a pumpernickel bagel in order to board" then that's the rule. The governor should have NO input on this. At all. It's none of his business.

And if they say "you must prove that you've been vaccinated against <insert WHATEVER here> then it's none of the governor's business. He should have no input on it at all.
The Governor's actions might also be seen as pushing back against discrimination.

No, Covid vaccination status is not one of the protected classes but that doesn't mean it cannot or should not be protected. Why Covid vaccination and not others? Because no business is attempting to collect and discriminate on the status of other vaccinations or other medical conditions.

If you want to argue that the Governor is overreaching then you must also argue that the CDC is overreaching.

Victor, NY
Randallstown, MD
Yakima, WA
Stevensville, MD
Village of Hillsborough
Old 06-02-2021, 10:29 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,445 Times in 580 Posts

Quote:
“ Governor opposes letting ship with 189 sick people dock in South Florida”
March 30, 2020
Old 06-02-2021, 10:30 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,142 Times in 301 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dana1963 View Post
I thought you might be American.

According to Webster Dictionary.

Herr noun

plural Herren\ ˌher-​ən , (ˌ)hern \
Definition of Herr
—used among German-speaking people as a title equivalent to Mr.
//iii
Old 06-02-2021, 10:33 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,142 Times in 301 Posts

Quote:
Being a German yourself, you should know that the word herr is german for Mr.

I'm German. And Russian. And Latvian. It's not an "ethnic" slur. Being German isn't an ethnicity. Yes it's a slur. But it's not an ethnic slur and if you are not a member of the Nazi party, it shouldn't offend you at all. In fact, as a German, you would appreciate the irony and connection. Most of us Germans do.

///
Closed Thread

Tags
vaccinated, cruise, passengers, cdc, significantly

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.