Cruise Industry Reacts To Florida’s CDC Lawsuit

Closed Thread
Old 04-18-2021, 08:46 AM
Platinum member

I can not count how many different opinions I have seen regarding going vs not going on this forum. Logical minds need to come to an agreement, including De Santis.

He wants to re open cruise ships and in the same breath he wants to tell private businesses that they can not mandate customers to be all vaccinated. I do feel that I would feel safe on a ship where every person is vaccinated and masks are optional.
Old 04-19-2021, 07:26 AM
Veteran member
Location: Dhahran, Duesseldorf, Hemel Hempstead, Phoenix, Grand Rapids, Washington DC, and now TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malsua View Post
This whole tennis match I found quite amusing.

People that repeat the "you can still give it if you're vaccinated" simply don't understand how immunity works on a cellular level. I would also go further as to say that even among the 5% there is _SOME_ immune response. It's a spectrum, not binary.

Using the .008 number, which strikes me as about right and adding in the chance of dying, you're starting to get out into the Six Sigma area. For people who don't understand what 6 deviations from the mean, means, this is that flat area of a bell curve, way, way out at the end.

The airline industry safety profile is at about six sigma, at least major carriers in western countries anyway. People have no problem getting on airplanes every day, but sure, some still do crash.

It reminds me of the scene from Dumb and Dumber.

LLOYD (CONT.)
I'm gonna ask you something flat out
and I want you to answer me honestly:
What do you think the chances are of
a girl like you and a guy like me
ending up together?

Mary is obviously thrown by this question.

MARY
Lloyd, that's difficult to say. I
mean we hardly --

LLOYD
--I asked you to be honest, Mary.

MARY
But Lloyd, I really can't --

LLOYD
--Come on, give it to me straight. I
drove a long way to see you, the
least you can do is level with me.
What are my chances?

MARY
Not good.

BEAT

LLOYD
You mean not good, like one out of a
hundred?

MARY
I'd say more like one out of a
million.

BEAT

LLOYD
(Duh)
So you're telling me there's a
chance?
HA HA HA - you stole my thunder! I was looking for the film script to post the VERY SAME THING! HA HA - great analogy. Bravo!
Old 04-19-2021, 11:39 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmarkwald View Post
HA HA HA - you stole my thunder! I was looking for the film script to post the VERY SAME THING! HA HA - great analogy. Bravo!
Every time I read "but there's still a chance" that quote fired off in my head. lol.

I was just going to post the .gif of it, but considering the audience here at TOTV, I figured the entire script dialog would put it into context a little better.

As to chances, even among those that get the disease 2 weeks post second shot, I'm willing to bet that the amount of viral shedding from those people is significantly less than an unvaxxed person. It is almost impossible not to have some immune reaction to a vaccine. If your immune system is trashed, you're not long for this Earth. Which means a vaccinated person next to an unvaccinated person, both showing identical symptoms, the vaxxer sheds less because the immune system is attenuating shed. I.E. Vaxxed = less contagious even if they are sick. This is all a spectrum though, extremes exist for sure but they aren't the nominal cases as far as shed goes.
Closed Thread

Tags
cruise, lawsuit, industry, cdc, florida’s

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.