Originally Posted by Bill14564 View Post
Google is your friend.
Not really.
Old 09-08-2022, 05:59 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,773 Times in 1,241 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djean1981 View Post
Everybody knows by now that the vaccine doesn't stop you from getting (or spreading) covid. If you're worried, get a vaccine right before you go.
The point is, getting COVID on a cruise ship is much more likely now. The cruise lines increased the risk more than 5 fold letting the unvaccinated board.

100% of cruise ships are now reporting COVID

Cruise Ship COVID Status Tracker (July 16): Daily Update Chart & News | Cruzely.com
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	6A86F05C-19B4-4960-B8D1-67DBCB3C4E1F.jpg
Views:	119
Size:	28.5 KB
ID:	95004  
Old 09-08-2022, 06:08 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altavia View Post
Many studies with similar outcomes.

Transmission of and Infection With COVID-19 Among Vaccinated and Unvaccinated Attendees of an Indoor Wedding Reception in Minnesota | Infectious Diseases | JAMA Network Open | JAMA Network

February 25, 2022
Transmission of and Infection With COVID-19 Among Vaccinated and Unvaccinated Attendees of an Indoor Wedding Reception in Minnesota

[
Key Points
Question What are the characteristics of SARS-CoV-2 infection and transmission among vaccinated and unvaccinated attendees of a large indoor gathering?

Findings In this cohort study of 75 individuals, nearly half of attendees at an indoor wedding reception who were tested were infected with the Delta variant of SARS-CoV-2. Unvaccinated attendees had a higher risk of SARS-CoV-2 infection than vaccinated attendees, secondary transmission from vaccinated attendees to vaccinated and unvaccinated contacts was observed, and the index case was identified as an unvaccinated symptomatic child.

Meaning These findings suggest that unvaccinated people are at increased risk of contracting SARS-CoV-2 compared with vaccinated people in large social gatherings.

35% of the vaccinated vs 95% of the unvaccinated testing positive.

"Fully vaccinated attendees had a lower risk of developing symptoms or testing positive, and the only hospitalization was among an unvaccinated adult, supporting previous data showing reduced risk of infection and severe illness among vaccinated individuals."

That's a very small study..
Old 09-08-2022, 06:08 PM
Sage
Thanked 14,037 Times in 5,329 Posts

Quote:
The point is, getting COVID on a cruise ship is much more likely now. The cruise lines increased the risk more than 5 fold letting the unvaccinated board.

100% of cruise ships are now reporting COVID

Cruise Ship COVID Status Tracker (July 16): Daily Update Chart & News | Cruzely.com
What could possibly go wrong?
Old 09-08-2022, 06:09 PM
Gold member

Quote:

Transmission of and Infection With COVID-19 Among Vaccinated and Unvaccinated Attendees of an Indoor Wedding Reception in Minnesota | Infectious Diseases | JAMA Network Open | JAMA Network

February 25, 2022
Transmission of and Infection With COVID-19 Among Vaccinated and Unvaccinated Attendees of an Indoor Wedding Reception in Minnesota

[
Key Points
Question What are the characteristics of SARS-CoV-2 infection and transmission among vaccinated and unvaccinated attendees of a large indoor gathering?

Findings In this cohort study of 75 individuals, nearly half of attendees at an indoor wedding reception who were tested were infected with the Delta variant of SARS-CoV-2. Unvaccinated attendees had a higher risk of SARS-CoV-2 infection than vaccinated attendees, secondary transmission from vaccinated attendees to vaccinated and unvaccinated contacts was observed, and the index case was identified as an unvaccinated symptomatic child.

Meaning These findings suggest that unvaccinated people are at increased risk of contracting SARS-CoV-2 compared with vaccinated people in large social gatherings.

"Fully vaccinated attendees had a lower risk of developing symptoms or testing positive, and the only hospitalization was among an unvaccinated adult, supporting previous data showing reduced risk of infection and severe illness among vaccinated individuals."

From that article:

"Conclusions

In this cohort study of an outbreak investigation, a large outbreak of the Delta variant of COVID-19 occurred, even with a high proportion of vaccinated people at the event. This investigation found a high rate of vaccine breakthrough infections with the circulating Delta variant. However, unvaccinated wedding attendees were 2.6 times more likely to be infected with SARS-CoV-2 compared with vaccinated attendees. The only illness severe enough to require hospitalization was in an unvaccinated adult. A symptomatic child was identified as the index case. Multiple mitigation measures may be needed to protect against transmission of highly contagious variants of SARS-CoV-2 in large social gatherings when community rates of transmission are elevated, even when a high proportion of attendees are vaccinated."

So not the 5-10 times more likely you had claimed.

Last edited by NoMoSno; 09-08-2022 at 06:15 PM.
Old 09-08-2022, 06:56 PM
Veteran member

Quote:

February 25, 2022

[
Key Points

75 people. Wow. Got to stay away from those Minnesota weddings!😀
Old 09-08-2022, 08:26 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,050 Times in 2,740 Posts

Being trapped on a floating Petri dish is not my idea of a good time, but to each his or her own.
Old 09-08-2022, 08:40 PM
Sage
Thanked 14,037 Times in 5,329 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tophcfa View Post
Being trapped on a floating Petri dish is not my idea of a good time, but to each his or her own.
Been on three cruises since we felt safe to cruise again and on each cruise a small number of people walked off the ship with the virus.

This is with taking precautions and making sure everyone had been boosted and tested positive within two days of the cruise.

Will make the previous small number into a much much larger one.
Old 09-09-2022, 12:31 PM
Sage
Thanked 8,273 Times in 4,295 Posts

Quote:
Because cruise lines have taken the decision to increase the risk of their customers (friends and family) spending their time in a 78 sq ft room with no window.
Methinks they should pony up for a room with a balcony...

-Tom Petty
Old 09-09-2022, 12:36 PM
Sage

Quote:
Intentional exposure has been reported in the media and I am aware of people who have shown up to indoor gatherings knowing they have COVID.

Intentional COVID-19 spread can put you in jail or a lawsuit | Rossen Law Firm
"While, to our knowledge, there has not yet been an alleged intentional coronavirus infection case in a courtroom in Florida- other Florida laws and state-set precedents suggest facing criminal charges or getting sued is not a far-fetched reality. "

Quote:
Test faking and document falsification has bee reported in the Travel media and I am also aware people who tested until they got a negative result before a cruise.

One must be extremely naive to believe this does not happen...
People Are Faking COVID-19 Tests In Order To Travel | TravelPulse

Travelers Are Buying Fake COVID-19 Test Results on the Black Market[/QUOTE]

Ah, yes... A Travel Magazine... I'm sure their investigative reporting on this is surpassed only by their bingo cheating expose´...

-Tom Petty
Old 09-09-2022, 12:43 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMintzer View Post
Methinks they should pony up for a room with a balcony...

Access Denied
Old 09-09-2022, 01:08 PM
Gold member

Quote:
I know people like you who fake the test and have boarded knowing they have COVID.

At least if vaccinated there were people who cared about others.

So no more cruises for me.
That post is really very arrogant. One could say that demanding everyone get the shot, including healthy younger people and those with natural immunity because you are at risk is the epitome of selfishness. I am a high risk patient should I get covid. I take precautions and do not demand children and others get a shot that may have adverse effects on them. In my opinion it would be wrong of me to insist a 20 year old get a shot when the risk benefit to them is not clear.I guess some would say I Care about children and healthy young adults. Of course what I am hoping to get across is that assigning some sense of morality, or lack of morality, because someone disagrees with your view is not quite so black and white.
Old 09-09-2022, 01:57 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitley View Post
That post is really very arrogant. One could say that demanding everyone get the shot, including healthy younger people and those with natural immunity because you are at risk is the epitome of selfishness. I am a high risk patient should I get covid. I take precautions and do not demand children and others get a shot that may have adverse effects on them. In my opinion it would be wrong of me to insist a 20 year old get a shot when the risk benefit to them is not clear.I guess some would say I Care about children and healthy young adults. Of course what I am hoping to get across is that assigning some sense of morality, or lack of morality, because someone disagrees with your view is not quite so black and white.
The topic of this thread is removing vaccine requirements for cruising. This seems unwise given 80% of cruise ships reported "green" six months ago where today it is 0%.

They are sending people back sick, adding risk to people like you yourself.

I agree with you no one should be required to get a vaccine.

Last edited by Altavia; 09-09-2022 at 02:34 PM.
Old 09-09-2022, 02:26 PM
Sage

Quote:
Yeah, it says most lines let you quarantine in your own cabin...

But you don't have to worry since you're no longer cruising...

-Tom Petty
Old 09-09-2022, 03:06 PM

I am a travel agent. I have never heard of a 78 square-foot passenger cabin. You might want to check the data on your entire post since it is called into question just from that one point.
I applaud the opening of the world (not just cruising) to unvaccinated.
Closed Thread

Tags
royal, unvaccinated, travelers, caribbean, requirements

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.