Closed Thread
Old 09-19-2020, 08:31 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmniTours View Post
Senators Introduce Bill to Safely Bring Back Cruising in US

Two United States senators introduced a new act establishing a task force to address the changes needed to allow cruise lines to resume operations.

According to an official statement, Senators Rick Scott and Marco Rubio introduced the Set Sail Safely Act on Wednesday in coordination with a Private Sector Advisory Committee to establish a Maritime Task Force.

CLICK HERE TO READ MORE
I doubt it will float.

Even before Covid-19 we would observe friends returning from cruises with diarrhea and vomiting. They to me are Petri dishes.

Plus I don't like gambling.

Plus it's a lot of going through waters and seeing not very wonderful entertainment except for the drunks.

Plus even the biggest state rooms are not as big spaces to be beautiful to me.

It has been a huge industry for Florida and it will hurt our economy but it will take years to revive if ever. That in itself is very sad and troublesome. I can see why the Florida Pol's support the renewal of the cruise business.

I realize I am in the distinct minority. Everyone loves to go on Cruises. Not me.
Old 09-19-2020, 08:36 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,152 Times in 1,326 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu from NYC View Post
I am aware of that.

Get on with negative test results and what if a few days later virus comes out and positive. Or go out on a tour and catch it.

We enjoy walking around European towns enjoying their history. Very often do a tour with a local and find it very enjoyable. Not going to happen for some time.

Than we have the one way plane ride if doing a TA.

We have a TA to Europe booked for April with a following one around the Med and have fingers crossed we will be able to go but thinking at this point 50-50.

everything's still up in the air for us travel-wise

we are booked on a European river boat cruise next May....still holding off on whether we 'pull the plug' on that, we haven't made any flight or hotel arrangements yet. Decision time will be when they want more money down

We're beginning to think that our 2021 (and maybe even 2022) travel we be limited to the good 'ole USA...lot's of places that we haven't seen yet

I keep hearing Dina Shore singing "See the USA in a Chevrolet...." in my head
Old 09-19-2020, 08:56 AM

They thought the Norovirus was difficult to control on a cruise ship wait till Covid is introduce...
Old 09-19-2020, 09:21 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,919 Times in 1,109 Posts

Cruises! Before the virus they were floating Petri dishes full of people over eating and overwhelming ports who are having harder time because of the massive size ships are becoming and polluting those very same beautiful harbors people want to see ( example Venice) . I’ll still travel and stay there in hotels and actually see the place I’m in
Old 09-19-2020, 09:50 AM

Seems like a lot of work, stress, organization for a Chillaxing vaca..
Old 09-19-2020, 11:29 AM

I was on a Celebrity Cruise Line webinar yesterday. They are sending a list of safety precautions to the CDC they feel would make cruising safe. The CDC will get back to them in 30 to 60 Days with the go ahead for sailing or more changes that need to be make
Old 09-19-2020, 06:22 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,152 Times in 1,326 Posts

we only cruise on the Windstar ships....150 - 300 passengers

even so, we have no interest in sailing or river cruising for a couple of years out now
Closed Thread

Tags
senators, safely, act, bill, bring

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.