What Does the End of the CDC's COVID-19 Program Mean for Cruisers? We Tackle the Burn

Closed Thread
Old 08-04-2022, 06:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Two Bills View Post
I really can't see the problem mixing with vaccinated or non-vaccinated people.
Do it every day without knowing what other peoples status is.
If you are vaccinated why worry?
As another reply states “vaccine don’t prevent transmission: they’re supposed to help tolerate or prevent infection”. The vaccines have not been proven to prevent COVID.
Old 08-04-2022, 06:57 AM
Sage

"Only the vaccinated are getting sick, over and over"??? Do you have some data to support that absurd claim? Do you think before posting?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retwarrior View Post
I’m more worried about sitting with the vaccinated and them shedding on me…I can’t understand how people have not figured out what is really going on. Only the vaccinated are getting sick, over and over. Time will tell…
Old 08-04-2022, 07:02 AM
Sage

For the love of God, the false-positive rate is not 50%. Why do people post this nonsense?

False-Positive Results in Rapid Antigen Tests for SARS-CoV-2 | Clinical Pharmacy and Pharmacology | JAMA | JAMA Network

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueblaze View Post
Hopefully, it will mean we will someday get back to normal and once again treat the common cold like the minor annoyance that it is -- rather than a reason to confine someone who paid $10,000 for a cruise to their cabin for the duration -- even when they have no symptoms -- just because they failed some stupid daily swab test with a 50% false-positive rate.

If you actually believe the vax works, why would you care if anyone else has it?

If your health is so precarious that a cold can kill you, why would you take a cruise that confines you to a boat with 1500 other people for a week?

How about we just quit worrying about dying and start living again?

Last edited by biker1; 08-04-2022 at 07:13 AM.
Old 08-04-2022, 07:46 AM
Red face Caught Covid cruising.

We just took a fabulous 20 day cruise with extensions Budapest to Amsterdam. Unfortunately caught covid and now suffering a horrible cough and fatigue. We will not be cruising again for quite a while. Still masked, but still caught it.
Old 08-04-2022, 07:47 AM
Default covid

and there was only 130 people on the boat.
Old 08-04-2022, 08:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drbobw123 View Post
We just took a fabulous 20 day cruise with extensions Budapest to Amsterdam. Unfortunately caught covid and now suffering a horrible cough and fatigue. We will not be cruising again for quite a while. Still masked, but still caught it.
Being masked does not prevent the mask wearer from getting Covid. The main purpose of the mask is to somewhat reduce transmission to others of the person wearing the mask. So thanks for wearing your mask. And did you wear N95 masks? - if not, then why not - those are the only effective ones generally available.
Old 08-04-2022, 08:11 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,051 Times in 289 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by biker1 View Post
For the love of God, the false-positive rate is not 50%. Why do people post this nonsense?

False-Positive Results in Rapid Antigen Tests for SARS-CoV-2 | Clinical Pharmacy and Pharmacology | JAMA | JAMA Network
You can believe the frauds who perpetrated this fake pandemic or you can believe your own lyin' eyes.

Just had friends return from a Med cruise. Spent three weeks confined to cabin because they couldn't get a negative test, even though they never showed one single symptom. After a week on the ship in dock in Spain, they finally rolled a "seven" and got out of their padded cell to come home.

I've had all my shots and I still caught all four variants. I'm currently recovering from my SECOND round of BA.5. It's still a minor cold, just like Delta was. And there''s still not a damn thing "science" can do to stop it or cure it, and the only people who die from it are the same people at risk from dying from any common cold.

When "science" quits lying to me, I will start believing "science" again.
Old 08-04-2022, 08:41 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retwarrior View Post
I’m more worried about sitting with the vaccinated and them shedding on me…I can’t understand how people have not figured out what is really going on. Only the vaccinated are getting sick, over and over. Time will tell…
Yes....you OBVIOUSLY have not figured it out!
Old 08-04-2022, 08:43 AM
Veteran member

COVID-19 Vaccines Hinder the Immune System, Lead to More Severe Illness: Dr. Robert Malone
Old 08-04-2022, 08:47 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu from NYC View Post
Would not be happy sitting at a table for dinner or other meals with people not vaccinated
You will have no way to know. Seems the choice is either stay home or live life with all of the dangers that entails.
Old 08-04-2022, 08:49 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardlyworking View Post
I think it’s pretty obvious that vaccinations are not preventive judging from the numbers coming back from Alaska cruises with Covid.
We were lied to. For me the moment of clarity was when they censored all doctors and reporting that provided the view that this vaccine was not as it was being reported.
Old 08-04-2022, 09:05 AM
Sage

I responded to your absurd claim that the false positive rate is 50%. If you have real evidence to support this absurd claim then present it instead of spouting strawman arguments. Try to stay on point.

Quote:
You can believe the frauds who perpetrated this fake pandemic or you can believe your own lyin' eyes.

Just had friends return from a Med cruise. Spent three weeks confined to cabin because they couldn't get a negative test, even though they never showed one single symptom. After a week on the ship in dock in Spain, they finally rolled a "seven" and got out of their padded cell to come home.

I've had all my shots and I still caught all four variants. I'm currently recovering from my SECOND round of BA.5. It's still a minor cold, just like Delta was. And there''s still not a damn thing "science" can do to stop it or cure it, and the only people who die from it are the same people at risk from dying from any common cold.

Old 08-04-2022, 09:08 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keefelane66 View Post
A vaccine is to help your body and battle a viral infection avoiding a possible hospitalization just like a regular Flu vaccine will make the infection less severe!
I "think" the definition of a vaccine may have changed. When I was in college (and this was a while ago) the definition was something similar to "introducing a sample of a virus through injection to build up antibodies and prevent the host from acquiring the disease." As I said, this was a while ago, back when the DSM2 was being used for psychology. Current volume being used is 5.
Old 08-04-2022, 09:10 AM
Default todays vacines

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa_lecki View Post
How many breakthrough cases of Polio have there been? How about measles, mumps?

the reason the fly vaccine isn’t 100% effective is because they have to guess 12months out, which Flu strain will be most prevalent.
this is a very different world from when they developed vacines in the past, I could trust those vacines, not sure I trust things today - I have never taken those flu shots, just never thought they were necessary

I get a cold every couple of years, probably not bad for my mid 60's age

with all the bold face lying that goes unchallenged, so they continue all the more, I much more carefully consider anything that is reported as "news" - I've seen Dr Fauci lie firsthand
Old 08-04-2022, 09:21 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,588 Times in 1,501 Posts

Quote:

Agree. Totally. There were a whole lot of powerful people who pushed the panic button early on, and then had reason to make sure that the numbers supported THEIR point of view on COVID just so they could retain their credibility, and thus their power. Human nature is what it is: sterling honesty is NOT part of that nature, but self-protection surely is.

We decided from the getgo that we were going to LIVE our lives rather than just keep breathing. We wore masks when we had to; but didn't otherwise, and associated with people who saw things the same way we did. Hugs rather than fist-bumps. We both caught COVID: my wife's case was so mild she didn't even think she had it (it wasn't until a year later that her doctor confirmed the antibodies in her blood). I had my bout about the same time as my wife; I was pretty sure it was COVID but wasn't nearly sick enough to doctor for it--more like a mild case of the flu. I've since been vaccinated, more to avoid red tape than anything else. But we're both healthy, physically active and don't live in fear. It is amazing how many people still do.

In my opinion the FEAR of COVID is far more dangerous than COVID.
Closed Thread

Tags
covid-19, program, cruise, u.s, tackle

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.