What Does the End of the CDC's COVID-19 Program Mean for Cruisers? We Tackle the Burn

Closed Thread
Old 08-04-2022, 09:25 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by talonip View Post
If you are getting your medical info on the so called vaccine. It’s not a vaccine! You are misinformed by the media. You need to be reading up on the Epoch news. Dr Malone the inventor of mRNA tells us emphatically that the jab is dangerous and has no effect on the current version of Covid. Yet money hungry pharmaceutical company’s are raking in billions on misinformation. Even the so called president got the Covid after all his so called jabs. And if you think that the jab lessens the symptoms then just keep on getting your medical advise from CNN. doctors are being held hostage to hospitals and large corporations that are are in the medical business.
Read Dr Makary's journals on the CDC recommending the jab to children. Science shows the risks can outweigh any benefit.
Old 08-04-2022, 09:27 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by drbobw123 View Post
We just took a fabulous 20 day cruise with extensions Budapest to Amsterdam. Unfortunately caught covid and now suffering a horrible cough and fatigue. We will not be cruising again for quite a while. Still masked, but still caught it.
So you were masked, vaccinated, boosted and still have a bad case. Hope you have a speedy, full recovery.
Old 08-04-2022, 10:41 AM

The tuffest part of the first two weeks to "flatten the curve", was the first three years!!! Trust the science!!!

The only thing that was flattened was the economy, personal freedoms and any sense of normalcy, but hey, that was all worth it . right. oh wait...
Old 08-04-2022, 10:57 AM
Sage
Thanked 7,279 Times in 2,480 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by drbobw123 View Post
and there was only 130 people on the boat.
You only need one with it.
Old 08-04-2022, 11:01 AM
Sage
Thanked 7,279 Times in 2,480 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jsling View Post
As another reply states “vaccine don’t prevent transmission: they’re supposed to help tolerate or prevent infection”. The vaccines have not been proven to prevent COVID.
I never said it did.
Just you have a better chance of avoiding it, which my wife an I both have, and a better chance of milder symptoms if you do catch it.
We hope!
Old 08-04-2022, 04:29 PM
Default You don't invent mRNA

Quote:
Originally Posted by talonip View Post
If you are getting your medical info on the so called vaccine. It’s not a vaccine! You are misinformed by the media. You need to be reading up on the Epoch news. Dr Malone the inventor of mRNA tells us emphatically that the jab is dangerous and has no effect on the current version of Covid. Yet money hungry pharmaceutical company’s are raking in billions on misinformation. Even the so called president got the Covid after all his so called jabs. And if you think that the jab lessens the symptoms then just keep on getting your medical advise from CNN. doctors are being held hostage to hospitals and large corporations that are are in the medical business.
Consider that a jab.
Old 08-04-2022, 08:15 PM

Moving forward ...
1) What about the insurance demand on only the unvaxxed on sailings ?
2) What about on-ship testing if you look sick ? Will there be on-ship quarantines still ? If I pay for a balcony, I will not submit to an inside cabin on a sub-deck on quarantine for false testing results.
Old 08-05-2022, 03:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by keepsake View Post
Moving forward ...
1) What about the insurance demand on only the unvaxxed on sailings ?
2) What about on-ship testing if you look sick ? Will there be on-ship quarantines still ? If I pay for a balcony, I will not submit to an inside cabin on a sub-deck on quarantine for false testing results.
Re: your #2. You better read your cruise contract very closely before booking a cruise. They can do pretty much anything to you including putting you off the ship.
Old 08-05-2022, 05:46 AM
Default Cruises & COVID protocols

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmniTours View Post
What Does the End of the CDC's COVID-19 Program Mean for Cruisers? We Tackle the Burning Questions

In a long-awaited victory for the U.S. cruising industry, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) finally took the step this week of removing its COVID-19 Program for Cruise Ships.

This decision does away with the lengthy set of requirements that the agency had established - including pre-boarding COVID test mandates and requiring most passengers to be vaccinated -- that cruise lines needed to adopt to resume full service in the U.S.

CLICK HERE TO READ MORE
We are going on a cruise next month & the cruise line still requires testing - PCR or Antigen. Unfortunately, the supervised antigen testing is not available anywhere near The Villages. We will get the PCR & hope to have the results before leaving. BTW - We are fully vaccinated & boosted.
Old 08-05-2022, 06:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by egmcaninch View Post
We are going on a cruise next month & the cruise line still requires testing - PCR or Antigen. Unfortunately, the supervised antigen testing is not available anywhere near The Villages. We will get the PCR & hope to have the results before leaving. BTW - We are fully vaccinated & boosted.
Do it online, you can be anywhere. We are on an Alaskan cruise next month.
Old 08-05-2022, 06:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueblaze View Post
Hopefully, it will mean we will someday get back to normal and once again treat the common cold like the minor annoyance that it is -- rather than a reason to confine someone who paid $10,000 for a cruise to their cabin for the duration -- even when they have no symptoms -- just because they failed some stupid daily swab test with a 50% false-positive rate.

If you actually believe the vax works, why would you care if anyone else has it?

If your health is so precarious that a cold can kill you, why would you take a cruise that confines you to a boat with 1500 other people for a week?

How about we just quit worrying about dying and start living again?
Amen! The choice for me is easy. LIVE DAMN'T!

*** Humility is superiority bowing to mediocrity. ***
Old 08-05-2022, 06:40 AM

[QUOTE=Hardlyworking;2122084]I think it’s pretty obvious that vaccinations are not preventive judging from the numbers coming back from Alaska cruises with Covid.[/QUOTE

Vaccines are to keep you from dying not keep you from getting it. Most people have not gotten the fourth booster so the risk increases when you do not do that. Most getting it have given up masking which prevents you from getting it. There was an old woman in Walgreens the other day, sitting by the pharmacy, talking on the phone with her mask down, coughing continuously telling someone on the phone that she had covid. She was trying to figure out if she should go to a family gathering. Everyone in line was masked and upset. I finally said put your d mask on and she said into the phone someone is complaining about my mask being down and she is 20 feet away. LOL that is why it is and will continue to spread, pure ignorance. Go to your car and wait for your medication there.
Old 08-05-2022, 08:28 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueblaze View Post
Hopefully, it will mean we will someday get back to normal and once again treat the common cold like the minor annoyance that it is -- rather than a reason to confine someone who paid $10,000 for a cruise to their cabin for the duration -- even when they have no symptoms -- just because they failed some stupid daily swab test with a 50% false-positive rate.

If you actually believe the vax works, why would you care if anyone else has it?

If your health is so precarious that a cold can kill you, why would you take a cruise that confines you to a boat with 1500 other people for a week?

How about we just quit worrying about dying and start living again?
Well said. Thank You!
Old 08-05-2022, 09:53 AM

So again on topic of onboard testing during the sailing ...
Where does one begin to look to find how many people ARE affected by mid-travel tests AND how many get quarantined ?
I totally expect that cruise critic IS censoring this type of posting. You can't find a thing online.
I did read a month ago about a couple on a European river cruise that had it bad. Not sick, but kicked off river boat mid-trip and horrible after math on land and getting home.
Old 08-05-2022, 10:35 AM

[QUOTE=allsport;2122733]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardlyworking View Post
I think it’s pretty obvious that vaccinations are not preventive judging from the numbers coming back from Alaska cruises with Covid.[/QUOTE

Vaccines are to keep you from dying not keep you from getting it. Most people have not gotten the fourth booster so the risk increases when you do not do that. Most getting it have given up masking which prevents you from getting it. There was an old woman in Walgreens the other day, sitting by the pharmacy, talking on the phone with her mask down, coughing continuously telling someone on the phone that she had covid. She was trying to figure out if she should go to a family gathering. Everyone in line was masked and upset. I finally said put your d mask on and she said into the phone someone is complaining about my mask being down and she is 20 feet away. LOL that is why it is and will continue to spread, pure ignorance. Go to your car and wait for your medication there.
I know the reason for the shots. What you said just repeated what I said.

Tags
covid-19, program, cruise, u.s, tackle

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.