Beware of Pooter's Pavers

Closed Thread
Old 07-25-2016, 04:15 PM
Default Beware of Pooter's Pavers

Go somewhere else for driveway pavers! Pooter's does shoddy work, does not respond to maintenance calls and will blame you if there is a problem.

Pooter's installed pavers in our driveway and after only three years it is falling apart. After the first year they came out to inspect and replace broken pavers, however a year and a half later (March 2016) I began to notice that the pavers were separating and cracking. I called Pooter's and asked them to come out to address the problem. They said they were backed up with work orders, were training new people and could not come out for at least a month. After repeated phone calls and excuses by them, they finally came in June (3 months later!) only to tell me that it would cost me $400 to repair the pavers.

They told me my problem was caused by my neglect and was not covered under their warrantee! Never mind the cement holding the edge bricks failed causing the pavers to separate and crack. They claimed the damage was caused by a lawn mower running over the edge of my driveway. How they knew this is a mystery seeing my yard maintenance guy uses a push mower and never mind that their cemented pavers were breaking free all along the walkway to my front door where there is no grass.

The best part is the owner Clint Groover refused to take any responsibility for the problem, told me it was not covered under his warrantee, and in a heated exchange yelled at me that he would only fix it for $400 or I could go somewhere else. I did, Paradise Pavers is doing the repair...for less money I might add. Don't give this amateur con-artist your business, you will be sorry.

Last edited by Finallyfree; 07-25-2016 at 04:27 PM.
Old 07-25-2016, 05:57 PM

I also had Pooter's stain & paint our Lanai. After problems occurred the gave me excuses and would not repair the problems. Would not recommend them for any work.
Old 07-25-2016, 08:29 PM
Gold member

Who would hire anyone with the name Pooter!
Old 07-25-2016, 09:44 PM

I am sure if you look in the Dictionary under cracked pavers... you will see Pooters name and picture right beside the definition.
Old 07-25-2016, 10:09 PM
Soaring Eagle member

How thick are the pavers? 1 1/2 inches are probably too thin. Should be about 2 1/2 inches. Probably find support for this if you google.
My lawn guy uses a big power gas mower and edgers. I have no problem with my drive way from their use.
Assuming you are not parking your tractor trailer on the drive way I do not think their is anything (other than an oil leak) you could do to hurt the driveway.
Old 07-26-2016, 09:57 AM

Pooters installed my pavers and they are OK. My problem with them is three years later I asked them to reseal my pavers. They scheduled me for a March sealing. To date they have note showed up. Find someone else.
Old 07-26-2016, 11:46 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finallyfree View Post
Go somewhere else for driveway pavers! Pooter's does shoddy work, does not respond to maintenance calls and will blame you if there is a problem.

Pooter's installed pavers in our driveway and after only three years it is falling apart. After the first year they came out to inspect and replace broken pavers, however a year and a half later (March 2016) I began to notice that the pavers were separating and cracking. I called Pooter's and asked them to come out to address the problem. They said they were backed up with work orders, were training new people and could not come out for at least a month. After repeated phone calls and excuses by them, they finally came in June (3 months later!) only to tell me that it would cost me $400 to repair the pavers.

They told me my problem was caused by my neglect and was not covered under their warrantee! Never mind the cement holding the edge bricks failed causing the pavers to separate and crack. They claimed the damage was caused by a lawn mower running over the edge of my driveway. How they knew this is a mystery seeing my yard maintenance guy uses a push mower and never mind that their cemented pavers were breaking free all along the walkway to my front door where there is no grass.

The best part is the owner Clint Groover refused to take any responsibility for the problem, told me it was not covered under his warrantee, and in a heated exchange yelled at me that he would only fix it for $400 or I could go somewhere else. I did, Paradise Pavers is doing the repair...for less money I might add. Don't give this amateur con-artist your business, you will be sorry.
Hi, we wonder if the above paver hired and trained a guy we had, or who had us, Xcalibur guy named Sam. What a big disappointment. Be careful who you hire an do not give them a dime unless you see good progress immediately and no excuses.
Old 10-24-2016, 08:25 AM

I agree. Pooters is the worse company in TV. Warning, they have booths at the squares. Avoid them by telling them about the bad reviews. Clint, the owner and his wife are rude, obnoxious and arrogant. They installed my pavers knowing that the pitch of the driveway would cause water to seep under garage door due to height of the concrete slab. Said they had this happen before. Pavers all cracked. They said you get a lifetime warranty, but they won't come back. Their solution was to take up a row of pavers next to garage door and drive through a ditch going in and out of the garage. I paid over $4000 and am ready to have someone take them all up. Along the sides, they are all sliding around. Same thing he blamed the mower guy. Wrong, he uses a push mower. If you want pavers, stay away from Pooters.
Old 10-24-2016, 08:37 AM
Platinum member

If this company does such shoddy work and the developers know it, why are they allowed to solicit work at the square with a booth? I believe the posters and just upset that a company can still be licensed and at the square.
Closed Thread

Tags
pavers, problem, pooters, driveway, caused

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.